Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shrine is Dumb.  (Read 46768 times)

ILikeMoney

Re: The Shrine is Dumb.
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2007, 06:24:58 PM »

Yeah, he's fucking serious. He is too emotionally wrapped up in his delusions to see logic and reason.

The same could be said of many people around here, come to think of it...

Or is he just smarter than I?

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »

Just like Gene Ray.

ILikeMoney

« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2007, 06:29:43 PM »

Just like Gene Ray.

Alright, I'm convinced.  The government wouldn't mind killing us all.  *builds bunker*

theghostofbj

« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2007, 06:31:32 PM »

Lesbians!

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2007, 09:42:27 PM »

Why make women listeners any more special than other listeners? It's dumb and sexist. I thought FTL was into serious matters and issues, not this high school BS.

Starting my own shrine..."The Shrine of Blue-Eyed Listeners." Yep. Blue-eyed listeners are so much more interesting and deserve special recognition for having blue eyes. Will have the web site up, and soon. Or post your blue-eyed listener pic here.

See how ridiculous the "Shrine of Female Listeners" is when you place it in the context of my shrine idea? It's subjugating a group of listeners by some characteristic that they have no control over....they are born female. It's like having a shrine of Asian listeners, or gay listeners...

Women aren't any more or any less important than any other listener. Start treating them that way.

Agreed.  Equality or superiority?

The host of this show is a late bloomer, and only a few years removed from HS drama anyway.

Yes, and you know soooo much about the host. :roll:

I've got a pretty solid feel for him.  From his selfishness in getting himself clipped at such a young age(so "he" can have worry free sex), to the way he feels about his parents and family.  He's clearly a me, me, me kinda person.

If it's selfish for Ian to get fixed at an early age than it's also selfish for you not to get fixed. Oh no, could it be? Red is selfish too? Everyone is selfish; you say it like it's a bad thing.  :lol:

I'm hoping you're following my train of thought.  Such a decision made at a young age.  He may regret it 10 years down the road.  People change.  He won't be the same person(hopefully) 10 years down the road.

A fair amount of vasectomies can be reversed.  (NOT ALL.  I DID NOT SAY ALL.  DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH AND TELLING ME THAT I SAID ALL VASECTOMIES CAN BE REVERSED.  THAT IS NOT THE CASE.  ONLY SOME VASECTOMIES CAN BE REVERSED.)

Ian may be one of those people who would rather adopt, and give a child who has already been born a home. 

Maybe he isn't. 

Why do you care? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2007, 10:41:12 PM »

Why make women listeners any more special than other listeners? It's dumb and sexist. I thought FTL was into serious matters and issues, not this high school BS.

Starting my own shrine..."The Shrine of Blue-Eyed Listeners." Yep. Blue-eyed listeners are so much more interesting and deserve special recognition for having blue eyes. Will have the web site up, and soon. Or post your blue-eyed listener pic here.

See how ridiculous the "Shrine of Female Listeners" is when you place it in the context of my shrine idea? It's subjugating a group of listeners by some characteristic that they have no control over....they are born female. It's like having a shrine of Asian listeners, or gay listeners...

Women aren't any more or any less important than any other listener. Start treating them that way.

The host of this show is a late bloomer, and only a few years removed from HS drama anyway.

I've got a pretty solid feel for him.  From his selfishness in getting himself clipped at such a young age(so "he" can have worry free sex), to the way he feels about his parents and family.  He's clearly a me, me, me kinda person.

If it's selfish for Ian to get fixed at an early age than it's also selfish for you not to get fixed. Oh no, could it be? Red is selfish too? Everyone is selfish; you say it like it's a bad thing.  :lol:

I'm hoping you're following my train of thought.  Such a decision made at a young age.  He may regret it 10 years down the road.  People change.  He won't be the same person(hopefully) 10 years down the road.

You are right, people do change, but not everyone changes on every issue. I wanted to get my tubes tied at 18. My feelings haven't changed yet, grant it I'm only 22, but I have never wanted children, and have never had any motherly instinct. If I changed my mind in 10 years, there is always adoption. There are certainly plenty of children who need parents out there. Since you think selfishness is such a bad quality, don't you think it's selfish of people to give birth when there are plenty of unwanted children in the world?

Julia

rabidfurby

« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2007, 11:43:17 PM »

Your mind is already made up.  No amount of logic and reason is going to persuade you to look elsewhere for answers.

Pot, this is Kettle. Kettle, meet Pot.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2007, 11:44:56 PM »

Pot.  Kettle.  Black. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

cerpntaxt

« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2007, 01:58:23 AM »

Kettle. Pot. Metal.

RedDelPaPa

« Reply #174 on: March 11, 2007, 03:03:30 AM »

You are right, people do change, but not everyone changes on every issue. I wanted to get my tubes tied at 18. My feelings haven't changed yet, grant it I'm only 22, but I have never wanted children, and have never had any motherly instinct. If I changed my mind in 10 years, there is always adoption. There are certainly plenty of children who need parents out there. Since you think selfishness is such a bad quality, don't you think it's selfish of people to give birth when there are plenty of unwanted children in the world?

Agreed.  I'm coming to my conclusions about him for a variety of reasons.  I think he missed out on a few much needed ass whippings as a child.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2007, 03:05:52 AM »

*Cue discussion on spanking/punishment/beating children...*
         -George W. Bush

RedDelPaPa

« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2007, 03:11:11 AM »

Yeah, he's fucking serious. He is too emotionally wrapped up in his delusions to see logic and reason.

Yes, I guess you could say I'm delusional because I know a perfect controlled demolition when I see it.  I don't start my research with a conclusion and work backwards.  The 9/11 deniers here are all people who haven't done their homework, and don't care what the truth is regardless.  So they have no foundation for argument in the first place.  So why do it?

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2007, 03:33:34 AM »

Having RedDelPaPa on ignore is so refreshing...
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2007, 03:35:33 AM »

Yes, I guess you could say I'm delusional because I know a perfect controlled demolition when I see it.  I don't start my research with a conclusion and work backwards.  The 9/11 deniers here are all people who haven't done their homework, and don't care what the truth is regardless.  So they have no foundation for argument in the first place.  So why do it?

and what qualifications do you have that makes you able to differentiate between a controlled blast and an uncontrolled demolition?
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2007, 03:47:50 AM »

Nah, you're delusional because:

A. No matter what happened on that day, people saw frigging planes hit those frigging buildings. Lots of people. In broad daylight. Including people I know. Relatives. Planes hit those buildings. They did.

B. No one, apart from a minuscule part of a minuscule part of the public believes you. That part that no one else listens to.

C. The only thing you seem to want to actually do about your amazing insights is repeat them, ad nauseum, to people who have clearly demonstrated that they don't care what you think.

D. You think that telling on the bad guys, when the bad guys are in control, is going to get them in trouble. Who's going to save you? What is your best case scenario for a positive result to your crusade? What happens to make the good guys win, in your world?

E. Why haven't you been shut up, if you're so close to the truth? And don't tell me "I'm just a little fish, I don't matter." because that takes the steam out of your crusade. If you're a little fish who doesn't matter, then why bother repeating your theories? No one is listening if you're just the little fish. There's a contradiction here.

That's why you're delusional. 

Notice I didn't say a damned thing about bombs, controlled detonations etc. Because none of that matters.
I challenge you to respond to my points without one mention of bombs or the evil plan. Just address my points. I bet cash money that you will not be capable of it. You are a horse beater. You cannot see beyond your myopic world view, and haven't the courage to take action against the evil oppressors you keep going on about. You are ineffectual, and I think it's a damned shame. Cranking out page after page of speculation (Or even facts, if you are right about your theory.) does nothing unless you have some sort of conclusion, and a course of action at the end of it.

You offer nothing before the eyes of John. 
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Shrine is Dumb.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.