Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Romans 13 (part 2)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Romans 13 (part 2)  (Read 15226 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Romans 13 (part 2)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 02:12:10 PM »

That's right! And the lawd wants to save your souls from the evil Satan! The Prince of Lies!
The lawd  gave us the good book to follow and live by.
The Devil would have sent a book full of BS, impossibilities and obvious contradictions.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 02:13:45 PM »

John, what does that have to do with the subject?  

Sock puppeting and tag teaming offline are silly.

Why do you attack the person instead of the argument?

I didn't see any argument.

Did it occur that we work in the same building?  Did you figure out who the IP belongs to?  It rhymes with National Guard.  I  will leave it at that.  

Yes, I understand that you're some sort of government stooge and you are either sock puppeting or have one of your government stooge friends posting along with you.

Now because you actually posted something and challenged me, I will not delete your posts.  I do however ask you to remain on target with the subject.

You do realize that threatening me is rather silly, right? Again, look under my name. Not at the picture this time. See those stars? See the words above them? But you already know that, probably.

Further trolling and I will delete your posts.

It's not trolling to point out that a person who is on one hand claiming to be a good Christian is also on the other hand partaking in dishonest shenanigans.

As for deleting my posts, go for it. I'll just start a thread outting your dishonest behavior.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:15:25 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Jeff Felton

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 02:33:40 PM »

haha I come back to see this.    Just to explain, we both work on the same installation.   There are hundreds of people that work on this same installation, and there are many more then just me and Johnny that discuss many political, relegious, economical, ect... topics regularly.    Now just because I work in the same installation, does not in any way make me his stooge.  I find that rather insulting especialy coming from someone that is a moderator and supposed to "keep things clean" on a web site called free talk.    My first time on this website I get called a stooge by a moderator, to me that is not what I expected as a response.

BonerJoe

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »

9_9

johnnycox

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 02:37:38 PM »

John are you going to continue this harassment towards me?

If so, you win and I am outta here.  Whatever.

If not, knock it off so I can get the help I was looking for.  So far you have not been very helpful.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 02:40:18 PM »

I find that rather insulting especialy coming from someone that is a moderator and supposed to "keep things clean" on a web site called free talk. 

My job isn't to "Keep things clean", and you are free to say whatever the hell you want so long as you aren't harassing or threatening other users. Everyone else is also free to respond.

My first time on this website I get called a stooge by a moderator, to me that is not what I expected as a response.

Fair enough. Didn't look good when two users show up within a few days to talk Jesus coming from the same IP addy. I thought it was worthwhile to point out and stand by it.

The fact that you work for the government is gonna get you called a lot worse than a "government stooge" around here, though.

On my account, I withdraw that comment for now.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 02:44:45 PM »

John are you going to continue this harassment towards me?

I am not harassing you.

If so, you win and I am outta here.  Whatever.

Not trying to win. Just not letting shit slide when people claiming to be moral look like they're doing something shady.

If not, knock it off so I can get the help I was looking for.  So far you have not been very helpful.

The odds of you finding what you are looking for as a government employee posting on a forum where most people are against the existence of government and lean toward atheism are gonna be low. You might want to look into New Hampshire Underground or Lew Rockwell or wherever else Xian types congregate.

You are free to say whatever you want about The Jesus or just about any subject, but you should expect everyone else to be just as free to respond.

Jeff Felton

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 03:02:27 PM »

alot of people work for the government.    
all branches of the military,
IRS,
FBI, CIA, secret service,
Veterans affairs,
politicians,
State and Federal judges,
all government aid offices,
etc..

the list can go on for hours.   So anyone to create a stereo type for "anyone that works for the government" is rather childish in the first place, since i know many people from one extreme to the other when it comes to beliefs/views on any controversial topic that all work for the "government".    
I am curious if anyone has any feedback in the topic as well.   most people are very one sided, either the believe the bible is a joke, or they believe it to be 100% true.  The reason I came to this website after johnny told me he was posting here was for the discussion.  I enjoy getting into discussions, on any controversial topic.  

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »

alot of people work for the government.    
all branches of the military,
IRS,
FBI, CIA, secret service,
Veterans affairs,
politicians,
State and Federal judges,
all government aid offices,
etc..

the list can go on for hours.   So anyone to create a stereo type for "anyone that works for the government" is rather childish in the first place, since i know many people from one extreme to the other when it comes to beliefs/views on any controversial topic that all work for the "government".    
I am curious if anyone has any feedback in the topic as well.   most people are very one sided, either the believe the bible is a joke, or they believe it to be 100% true.  The reason I came to this website after johnny told me he was posting here was for the discussion.  I enjoy getting into discussions, on any controversial topic.  

You work for stolen money taken from people under the threat of violence. You may not be fully aware of the ramifications of taxation.

As for the bible - Provide me repeatably testable, non-anecdotal evidence for the existence of any supernatural agency and then a conversation might go forward.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2011, 03:16:38 PM »

Just seems to me that someone that works for the government wouldn't really like to see the government shrink, especially when it comes to the area of government that they work in. Take a career military guy for example. Lets say, just for argument that ALL the dangerous threats in the world somehow went away, all at once. You think that lifer-guy is gonna want to see his job disappear overnight? Hell no he wont. He will most likely, for some reason or another, justify the continued need for the particular job that he does, even if he agrees that some of the departments should get cut.  So, starting with that premise, how could we possibly get any honest opinion from people that work for government when it comes to the subject of cutting back?

That, in my opinion, is the hardest part with debating anything with someone that works for the government. Sure, you'll get the occasional govt worker that wants to see all departments cut way back................. as long as its not HIS job that gets put on the chopping block first.

Plus what Shaw pointed out. You are paid with stolen cash.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:18:45 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Jeff Felton

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 03:30:23 PM »

I work to get the paycheck to support my family.  I don't agree with the way the government operates by any means.  But I will not turn down one of the most secure forms of income for my family. especially since in the area I live in, the pay is also much higher then I would make outside of a government job.   You may call me a hypocrite, but I am doing it for the $$ and thats it.  

I always have had a problem with taxation because it has been stated since the US government was established that double taxation is illegal, yet our government taxes you many many times over.     But without the government there would be no USA as we know it.  you would most likely still live under a dictator that gives you much less freedoms then you have now under the republic that the US government is today.  

And tell me, if you are so against the government, are you going to turn down any government aid that might at some point be given to you?   Government grants for your kids to go to college, Medicare or Medicade for a family member of yours that can't afford their own health insurance, public school systems, law enforcement, hospitals, etc... etc... yes we as citizens pay for parts of these, but the government also pays for them, and they would not be there for you to use if the government was not there.   So me getting paid to do a job for the government is not any different then anyone else using other government services.

So let me ask you this, if you are so anti government, what do you suggest we do instead of our current government?  

BonerJoe

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »

lol

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 03:36:31 PM »

I dont know where to start.

So im not gonna.

Enjoy your govt cheese. Hope it tastes good, sicko.

PS - Only reason I would support taking govt freebies, is to bankrupt the system quicker, so it disappears, out of my face.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:40:01 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »

I work to get the paycheck to support my family.  I don't agree with the way the government operates by any means.  But I will not turn down one of the most secure forms of income for my family. especially since in the area I live in, the pay is also much higher then I would make outside of a government job.   You may call me a hypocrite, but I am doing it for the $$ and thats it.  

I always have had a problem with taxation because it has been stated since the US government was established that double taxation is illegal, yet our government taxes you many many times over.     But without the government there would be no USA as we know it.  you would most likely still live under a dictator that gives you much less freedoms then you have now under the republic that the US government is today.  

And tell me, if you are so against the government, are you going to turn down any government aid that might at some point be given to you?   Government grants for your kids to go to college, Medicare or Medicade for a family member of yours that can't afford their own health insurance, public school systems, law enforcement, hospitals, etc... etc... yes we as citizens pay for parts of these, but the government also pays for them, and they would not be there for you to use if the government was not there.   So me getting paid to do a job for the government is not any different then anyone else using other government services.

So let me ask you this, if you are so anti government, what do you suggest we do instead of our current government?  

Is it moral or immoral to threaten someone with violence to pay for things that you want?

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 03:42:15 PM »

Can't you just walk over to his cubicle on a coffee break and ask him?  Why do you need the forum?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Romans 13 (part 2)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 29 queries.