Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1323583 times)

blackie

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3030 on: May 17, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »

Denis would rather initiate violence then deal with freedom. Fucking fake anarchists...
Nothing says anarchists have to be libertarian.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 17, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »

re what davann said...

the ku klux klan used to (in some cases still does) burn crosses on black people's property to show that they aren't welcome there.

does that make it right?

If that was the societal norm who am I say yea or nay? I am not arrogant enough to claim I know best. If I lived there I would be egging the cross burners houses when I could get a way with it though.

I'm going to say that it's wrong to use violence to force people out of their homes.

and that includes egging them.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: May 18, 2010, 08:54:46 AM »

Pissing on my grass is polluting my property, no?

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: May 18, 2010, 09:03:15 AM »

define polluting  Is deer piss pollution? 

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: May 18, 2010, 09:11:25 AM »

Wolf urine is good for keeping the deer from pissing in your yard.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: May 18, 2010, 09:43:05 AM »

the lowest level of society short of criminals will indeed do this shit...and the only "punishment" you can expect them to receive is loss of opportunity commensurate with its effects.
Fuck that.

Some creepy drunk guy leers at my kids while taking a piss 2" off my property, I am paying my DRO to pick his ass up, shake him down for the cost of removal, and cart him to the nearest available Free Keene Zone. He can hang with the hippies there.

Stranger Danger is Bullshit.  It's more likely your kid will be hit by lightning than someone will touch them with a penis. 

Do you have a reference for this? It would be a great thing to say on air.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

davann

« Reply #3036 on: May 18, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »

re what davann said...

the ku klux klan used to (in some cases still does) burn crosses on black people's property to show that they aren't welcome there.

does that make it right?

If that was the societal norm who am I say yea or nay? I am not arrogant enough to claim I know best. If I lived there I would be egging the cross burners houses when I could get a way with it though.

I'm going to say that it's wrong to use violence to force people out of their homes.

Burning crosses and throwing eggs is not violence. I agree actual use of violence would be wrong.
Cross burning would happen in some communities without government. I am all for freedom. If some neighborhoods think this sort of thing would work for them who are we to dictate otherwise. That does not mean that I don’t see something wrong with sending my own message, a message I would take full responsibility for, to those acting in such a way. The same applies to those that flash their tits at middle school kids or purposely disrupt a family themed community event.

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 18, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »

If I don't want deer piss on my land I should do something about it, no? Like build a fence or shoot all deer (on my property).
Dennis would be well within his rights to have the guy brought to arbitration for pissing on his grass. He'd have to prove the case and the guy would have to compensate him for the damage done to the property. He wouldn't be able to charge the guy for having his penis out in the general vicinity of his property. But Dennis could also stand at the edge of his property with a fully loaded shotgun, or he could hire a security company to come out and stand in front of this guy with shotguns.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3038 on: May 18, 2010, 11:45:25 AM »

Dennis would be well within his rights to have the guy brought to arbitration for pissing on his grass.

I suggest you re-read Denis' post. He was proposing a scenario where someone was peeing just outside of his property line. Not on it or into it.

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: May 18, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »

I think we're mixing a lot of issues here.

There's the public nudity. Which is cool, regardless of who you are. You were born naked. If you never owned a stitch you wouldn't be clothed now. Naked is the default state for human beings.
Your reaction to my condition is entirely within you.
If you don't like looking at naked bodies, look away.

Throwing eggs is initiating force against someone. How could it not be? You hurl a missile (the general term missile) at me and it somehow doesn't equate to using force? So you'd be cool if I started tossing hard boiled eggs at your windows? With a potato cannon? Don't be surprised when one of your egg tossing friends gets shot, because the sound of the egg popping against the house made an ex-marine a little twitchy.

Child molestation is real, but more likely to occur within a family than without. However if you really worry that much you could take all sorts of steps to prevent your child from being abducted/raped. (Hire guards, install lo-jack, vaginal defense system, etc) (But wouldn't this be less likely to happen in a free market system, as some of those people looking to have sex with children will be able to and therefore the incidence of child rape will go down.)

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: May 18, 2010, 11:55:27 AM »

Dennis would be well within his rights to have the guy brought to arbitration for pissing on his grass.

I suggest you re-read Denis' post. He was proposing a scenario where someone was peeing just outside of his property line. Not on it or into it.

I did, three times, I still see the guys feet planted 2" from the property line and the creepy (drunk) leering stream flying over the property line and landing on his grass.

I will admit that if this drunk is pissing and leering and not on Dennis' property, in either person or by-product, then Dennis has no case and no cause. Dennis should build a fence to stop random passers-by from soliciting his apparently sexy children.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 12:05:52 PM by sandm000 »

davann

« Reply #3041 on: May 18, 2010, 12:33:18 PM »

Throwing eggs is initiating force against someone. How could it not be? You hurl a missile (the general term missile) at me and it somehow doesn't equate to using force? So you'd be cool if I started tossing hard boiled eggs at your windows? With a potato cannon? Don't be surprised when one of your egg tossing friends gets shot, because the sound of the egg popping against the house made an ex-marine a little twitchy.

See this is the issue with hard core libertarian types and why everyone that is sane will never take them seriously. They take stuff to the extreme each and every time. Egging someone’s house is not initiating violence. Lighten up Francis.

Flashing tits at 12 year olds is not an initiation of force either, just really juvenile. But I guess to a hard core libers it is balls to walls activism. And if you suggest someone should put these retards in their place you risk being labeled a statist. Eh, why bother with these tards? Far more fun just to egg their home.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3042 on: May 18, 2010, 12:37:51 PM »

Stranger Danger is Bullshit.  It's more likely your kid will be hit by lightning than someone will touch them with a penis. 

It's also far, FAR more likely that when a molestation does happen, it's someone very close to the child who already has convenient private access, usually a relative or even a parent but occasionally an unrelated care-giver.  The stereotype of the guy driving by in a car and offering candy or lurking in play parks is not unknown, but it's rather rare.  And so, as with many problems where emotionalism distorts it, resources for dealing with the problem are all horribly mismanaged.

But I digress.  Back to drama...

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: May 18, 2010, 12:49:10 PM »

re what davann said...

does that make it right?

Burning crosses and throwing eggs is not violence. I agree actual use of violence would be wrong.

It baffles the mind someone could say something so stupid.  A cross burning (in the yard of the person being intimidated, which is how it's been done) is a credible threat, and a property violation.  Egging is a property violation.  

ForumTroll

« Reply #3044 on: May 18, 2010, 12:52:54 PM »

re what davann said...

does that make it right?

It baffles the mind someone could say something so stupid.  A cross burning (in the yard of the person being intimidated, which is how it's been done) is a credible threat, and a property violation.  Egging is a property violation. 

This is why he's on ignore.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 29 queries.