Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1323631 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3015 on: May 17, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »

As I said a few weeks ago--people in New Hampshire better get their shit together and recognize that the shit they don't like other activists doing is the kinda shit that's gonna happen in a free society.  As for me, I'm good with it.  I can recognize and appreciate the benefits of both, and I think the losers who are going to take a collectivist view of the "wrong" activism practiced by others are going to be contemporary Don Quijotes--ironically, for want of support from other Don Quijotes.

I agree this is the sort of shit that would happen in a free society but we are missing a very important counter weight for stupid behavior. That being things like egging the offenders homes to show them what they are doing is not appreciated. No collectivist thinking here, just taking on the individual responsibility, in a non violent manner, to educate the young'ns that unacceptable behavior has consequences.

That would be a property violation, and inappropriate.

Eh, it is a minor one compared to the offense. Flashing one’s sagging old lady tits at a bunch of middle school kids is far more a violation of common sense and decency than a couple of eggs. Screaming shit through a bullhorn at a community gathering is just as idiotic. Freedom my ass. This is assholes being assholes. Some day they might grow up but odds of that happening are less if they are not shown antisocial behavior will not be tolerated. One would think by 12 years old they would know that but that does not seem to be the case. Who raised these people, wolves?
I am done.

Hmm.  I guess you've exposed yourself voluntarily then.  People have a right to be assholes if they're not harming someone or their property.*  This is basic shit.

* of course, that doesn't mean it's a good idea, which is an entirely separate question.  My concern is anyone who doesn't think things like this will happen in a free society isn't thinking things through...and for the record, I'd rather live in that society than the one we're in now.  You may choose to live somewhere it won't be allowed, but that wouldn't be "free" unless by agreement.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3016 on: May 17, 2010, 03:12:10 PM »

As I said a few weeks ago--people in New Hampshire better get their shit together and recognize that the shit they don't like other activists doing is the kinda shit that's gonna happen in a free society.  As for me, I'm good with it.  I can recognize and appreciate the benefits of both, and I think the losers who are going to take a collectivist view of the "wrong" activism practiced by others are going to be contemporary Don Quijotes--ironically, for want of support from other Don Quijotes.

I agree this is the sort of shit that would happen in a free society but we are missing a very important counter weight for stupid behavior. That being things like egging the offenders homes to show them what they are doing is not appreciated. No collectivist thinking here, just taking on the individual responsibility, in a non violent manner, to educate the young'ns that unacceptable behavior has consequences.

That would be a property violation, and inappropriate.

Eh, it is a minor one compared to the offense. Flashing one’s sagging old lady tits at a bunch of middle school kids is far more a violation of common sense and decency than a couple of eggs. Screaming shit through a bullhorn at a community gathering is just as idiotic. Freedom my ass. This is assholes being assholes. Some day they might grow up but odds of that happening are less if they are not shown antisocial behavior will not be tolerated. One would think by 12 years old they would know that but that does not seem to be the case. Who raised these people, wolves?
I am done.

Ignored.

davann

« Reply #3017 on: May 17, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »

I am done.

Ignored.

That is probably best. Lindsey doesn’t seem to around anymore to throw metaphorical eggs at us to stop this from becoming another brouhaha over antisocial behavior again. At least this one the antisocial behavior is restricted to Keene and the forum is not covered in pictures of pencils used in a way they were not meant to be used in.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: May 17, 2010, 04:50:43 PM »

Are you under the impression that w/o a monopoly on force there wouldn't be any?

Those guys are not the socio-economic type to have a DRO that will back you up when purposefully inciting strong emotional reactions from strangers, that's not going to be covered nor will the people that have a habit of doing it.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: May 17, 2010, 04:54:43 PM »

Are you under the impression that w/o a monopoly on force there wouldn't be any?

Those guys are not the socio-economic type to have a DRO that will back you up when purposefully inciting strong emotional reactions from strangers, that's not going to be covered nor will the people that have a habit of doing it.

You're fooling yourself if you think there won't be people doing it.  The "respectables" will have respectable DROs which will get them into nice clubs and big contracts, but the lowest level of society short of criminals will indeed do this shit...and the only "punishment" you can expect them to receive is loss of opportunity commensurate with its effects.  That is, if they didn't damage anyone and pissed a lot of people off, they might no be able to get on to the same golf course you can, etc.

THAT was exactly my point.  It's not that there won't be "rules" in society, but you can choose to take the consequences of breaking some of them, and some monopoly force agency won't be swooping in to make sure everyone's punished for the slightest offenses.

Addendum:
added missing word: damage
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:52:13 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: May 17, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »

... but the lowest level of society short of criminals will indeed do this shit...and the only "punishment" you can expect them to receive is loss of opportunity commensurate with its effects. ...

THAT was exactly my point.  It's not that there won't be "rules" in society, but you can choose to take the consequences of breaking some of them, and some monopoly force agency won't be swooping in to make sure everyone's punished for the slightest offenses.

Right, they might get their ass kicked and no one would care.  Didn't mean to come off as saying this wouldn't happen in anarchotopia.  I'm saying that if it did, in a town like Keene, they'd have already got their ass kicked or scared into promising to stop and no one would come to their rescue cuz it'd be a waste of resources. 

It would probably go something like this:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5lsY5BaKhuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5lsY5BaKhuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: May 17, 2010, 05:09:34 PM »

They might or might not.  It depends on how trivial the ass-kicking is.  A heated exchange and a couple of blows--maybe not.  A hospital bed--count on action.  The BIG thing that will change in a free society, which no one seems to take into account, is NO PUBLIC PROPERTY.  That means the owner of the property will tell you what you best not be doing, and if you can't work out terms with him, you're not going to get access to his road, park, or whatever.  If what you're doing is trivial, like showing boobs, he may decide you're not worth dealing with.  If you're beating up his customers, it'll be an issue.

Think of it like what goes on in bars now, but without the big brother agencies who tell them how to run them.  They'll tolerate some scandal, but not violence.

By the way, there never will be an anarchtopia.  The term is offensive to intelligence.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:13:09 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3022 on: May 17, 2010, 05:33:15 PM »

the lowest level of society short of criminals will indeed do this shit...and the only "punishment" you can expect them to receive is loss of opportunity commensurate with its effects.
Fuck that.

Some creepy drunk guy leers at my kids while taking a piss 2" off my property, I am paying my DRO to pick his ass up, shake him down for the cost of removal, and cart him to the nearest available Free Keene Zone. He can hang with the hippies there.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3023 on: May 17, 2010, 05:37:33 PM »

the lowest level of society short of criminals will indeed do this shit...and the only "punishment" you can expect them to receive is loss of opportunity commensurate with its effects.
Fuck that.

Some creepy drunk guy leers at my kids while taking a piss 2" off my property, I am paying my DRO to pick his ass up, shake him down for the cost of removal, and cart him to the nearest available Free Keene Zone. He can hang with the hippies there.

Wow.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3024 on: May 17, 2010, 05:47:03 PM »

If you think (Insert a thing here that you want to do) will get you some more freedom, go for it! However, don't fucking try to tell me that the thing I'm doing isn't enough.

Who's telling you what to do besides Keith the Fed? I'm just sick and tired of fellow liberty lovers telling people who piss off statist fuckwads what to do. AND people who encourage the initiation of force...especially this thread. It's making me fucking sick.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: May 17, 2010, 06:17:24 PM »

re what davann said...

the ku klux klan used to (in some cases still does) burn crosses on black people's property to show that they aren't welcome there.

does that make it right?
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: May 17, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »

Fuck that.

Your DRO is going to have a shitty rating if abuse people who didn't damage you and aren't even on your property.  FWIW, I'm not saying this guy's DRO is going to be highly-rated either, but at least his isn't doing violence (so far as we understand the situation.)

davann

« Reply #3027 on: May 17, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »

re what davann said...

the ku klux klan used to (in some cases still does) burn crosses on black people's property to show that they aren't welcome there.

does that make it right?

If that was the societal norm who am I say yea or nay? I am not arrogant enough to claim I know best. If I lived there I would be egging the cross burners houses when I could get a way with it though.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: May 17, 2010, 07:27:42 PM »

Fuck that.

Stranger Danger is Bullshit.  It's more likely your kid will be hit by lightning than someone will touch them with a penis. 

ForumTroll

« Reply #3029 on: May 17, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »

Fuck that.

Your DRO is going to have a shitty rating if abuse people who didn't damage you and aren't even on your property.  FWIW, I'm not saying this guy's DRO is going to be highly-rated either, but at least his isn't doing violence (so far as we understand the situation.)

Denis would rather initiate violence then deal with freedom. Fucking fake anarchists...
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.