Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos

Poll

Do you think they are sexy?

Both are sexy.
- 78 (37.7%)
Piercings are sexy, tattoos not.
- 14 (6.8%)
Tattoos are sexy, piercings not.
- 19 (9.2%)
Not sexy at all.
- 96 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos  (Read 58563 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2007, 01:46:05 PM »

Piercings, tattoos...now all you need is a Harley.  The women will flock to you.  You know, even more than they already do. 

Harleys (and sport bikes, for that matter) = compensating.

Ummm,  noooo...  They're vehicles, for recreation.  You fire them up and they go Blammo!  And then you go for a nice ride, stop and have a slice of pizza, park and have a smoke somewhere, and take it home.  A nice way to spend a few hours out in the air.  Like a boat, or skiing, or target shooting, or sitting at the beach, or throwing a frizbee with your dog.  Its pointlessness is its own explanation.  Passengers do get a thrill, though. 

Don't get me wrong, I love motorcycles.  [...]

I just hate Harleys and sportbikes, because they're impractical.

Sportbikes, not my thing.  Fad, just like the hogs were in the last decade.  I prefer the classically styled, and Harleys by design, as far as that goes.  No different than the model Rillion shows above.  If its the Sportster (but a tad bigger than the 883) thats fine, or could be the Kawa, Yamaha, I don't really care.  I wouldn't turn down an affordably priced Harley, if its as good a deal as some of the imports.  But you won't find one. 

People do pay too much for the Harleys.  Because the new ones are expensive, that leads all the normal Joes to think their piece of shit is worth $7,000 - fifteen years old with 60k on it.  Like hell it is, when I could get a brand new Yamaha for the same price, with a warranty. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »

The inker at the $85 place told me he estimates two full day sessions for my back piece, which are $550 a day.  I'd go insane sitting there that long getting inked, I think I'll go for an hour at a time or something like that, every couple weeks. 

Yeah, I think the longest I'd be able to put up with would be about two hours.  And the tattooer would need to be a damn good conversationalist. 

* I'm into the Japanese modernist stuff, bold colors, cartooney, very splashy looking.  Like this:

Pretty.  Very pretty.  I dig it.   Love the attention to detail, especially the color variation on the face and scales. 

I'm fantasizing about doing a vaguely Japanese-style, colorful version of my leafy sea dragon (see avatar), probably on the right shoulder.  But it's going to take some savings first.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »

I guess judging from that example of style, you could probably discern that I'm not into all the badass skulls and bones stuff.  Or the tired old chick-with-rack, hot-ass-and-stiletto-heels.  Some love it, I'm ambivalent... but for me personally on my body, it's fail.  There still needs to be some kinda kick-ass male imagery, for mine I mean...  but with some class, you know?

Yeah, two hours is plenty.  My only experience was about 2 hours, and it was on meat.  Shoulder muscle, no rattling the needles across bone.  The back is different as you know, the shoulderblade is gonna be under a large chunk and thats gonna hurt.   

The leafy dragon would rock, personal meanings always FTW.  Without trying to wrap the comment in warm and fuzzy, I'd wonder how that would translate to skin.  I looked at that thing for close to a year and had absolutely no clue what it was.  Its kinda amusing, for the longest time, I thought it was an areal shot of some mountain region, like an island in the Japanese chain, something like that.  In my defense, it was ignorance on my part, I've never heard of one and the photo is small.  However, there are options, it could be cartooney, photographic, symbolistic (the shape in a bold line, like a zodiac symbol).  And for the most part, other peoples observations don't matter much anyway, except that the whole concept of an image is for humans to view with their eyeballs and extract some meaning from it.  I guess I'm saying most peoples observations don't matter, only the ones you have some sort of personal relationship with, platonic or otherwise. 

I think I'm gonna have to GIS that creature, see if Natn'l Geographic or Discovery has some aquatic close-ups. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 09, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »

The leafy dragon would rock, personal meanings always FTW.  Without trying to wrap the comment in warm and fuzzy, I'd wonder how that would translate to skin.

I think it would work if I weren't trying for photo realism (which I don't want anyway) and went for something a little more fairy-tale dragon-esque, something that looks more like a sketch, like so:

...but with plenty of artistic license.  I think it would look quite nice water-color style, more orangey than yellowy though so as to stand out against my white-ass skin.   But I like the idea of a real creature that looks so fantastical.  Especially since it looks that way for a very mundane reason-- blending into the surrounding seaweed.  I think they're a very pretty testament to the powers of evolution.  Saw them for the first time at the Dallas World Aquarium, and they took my breath away.  Unfortunately, they're also endangered.  In southern Australia there's a leafy sea dragon festival every year, since that's (I believe) the only place they live.

Compare this:

to a Chinese dragon:

...and you can kind of get an idea of what could be done with it.   I've designed the other tattoos I have, but don't trust my skill enough for this one. 

I looked at that thing for close to a year and had absolutely no clue what it was.  Its kinda amusing, for the longest time, I thought it was an areal shot of some mountain region, like an island in the Japanese chain, something like that.  In my defense, it was ignorance on my part, I've never heard of one and the photo is small. 

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of detail is lost in the picture.  Maybe I should change it.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 09, 2007, 09:36:37 PM »

for tattoos- when the fund are available- i like graffiti and plan on getting some of that mixed in with klimt, scheile- and some drawings my kids make.

for a bike- stuff like this (check his site, not very well designed, but the bikes are right up my alley: http://www.motocustomzinc.com/)

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Bill Brasky

« Reply #260 on: December 11, 2007, 03:36:03 AM »

sport bikes are a fad????  :lol:

stunt riding is a fad,  sport bikes have been going strong since the 70's if not prior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_bike

Nobody said anything about stunt riding, and you're off by about a decade.  Modern sport bikes aka crotch rockets were first introduced in the US around '86, and gained popularity from there. 

Noun   1.   fad - an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"
craze, furor, furore, cult, rage
fashion - the latest and most admired style in clothes and cosmetics and behavior

As opposed to "classic"

clas·sic  (klsk)

n.
1. An artist, author, or work generally considered to be of the highest rank or excellence, especially one of enduring significance.
2. A work recognized as definitive in its field.

c. One that is of the highest rank or class: The car was a classic of automotive design.
4. A typical or traditional example.

And by the way, john, you're displaying some of that old obsessive behavior again.  It just proves that you're still Bala.  I saw right through it, then and now.  I took a load of shit by saying you weren't Bala nine months ago, that you were some deranged fanboi, and I was right.  And I'm right this time, too.  You simply can't keep it in check. 

You can say whateverrrrr you want about me, all it does is repeatedly show how fucked up you are. 

Its funny as hell that I can go to work for one day and all you can do is obsess about me.  And people like yourself, arguing is pointless, you're incapable of seeing anything except for a returned volly, and you get all lightheaded from the attention and throw another retarded comment back. 

Go out on the web, type tattoo into google, 30 million hits.  Its a hell of a lot more studied that your passion for riding bicycles is.  People have been marking their skin since the dawn of time.  Probably 20% or more of the people here have ink.  So, go ahead, lets hear more. 

I am seriously thinking about it, thats what you're supposed to do with permanent things.  The cost is a factor, just like in any purchase.  I have other shops to check into.  I might travel, but I'd rather not.  No different than a wide-screen TV, a car.  I knew of a girl from a few years back who drove a couple hundred miles to have a chest piece done by a guy she wanted to do the work, had to get a hotel for a few days.  The set her back probably two grand by the time she was done, between the gas, the hotel, and paying the guy to do the ink. 

P.S.   You're a dick. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #261 on: December 11, 2007, 03:45:27 AM »

The leafy dragon would rock, personal meanings always FTW.  Without trying to wrap the comment in warm and fuzzy, I'd wonder how that would translate to skin.

I think it would work if I weren't trying for photo realism (which I don't want anyway) and went for something a little more fairy-tale dragon-esque, something that looks more like a sketch, like so:

...but with plenty of artistic license.  I think it would look quite nice water-color style, more orangey than yellowy though so as to stand out against my white-ass skin.   But I like the idea of a real creature that looks so fantastical.  Especially since it looks that way for a very mundane reason-- blending into the surrounding seaweed.  I think they're a very pretty testament to the powers of evolution.  Saw them for the first time at the Dallas World Aquarium, and they took my breath away.  Unfortunately, they're also endangered.  In southern Australia there's a leafy sea dragon festival every year, since that's (I believe) the only place they live.

Compare this:

to a Chinese dragon:

...and you can kind of get an idea of what could be done with it.   I've designed the other tattoos I have, but don't trust my skill enough for this one. 

I goog'ed it after last time, they're pretty neat.  I'm on wiki, reading, cool, cool, and the fuckin things can get up to 18'' long! 

Definitely an interesting animal.  I'd be curious to see how you finally make the transition from the photo to the piece, thats a tough one.  For a change, I'm stumped. 

Don't change the avatar, thats you after this long. 

The dragon sorta looks like the one I already have.  Water dragon, no rear legs, serpentine. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #262 on: December 11, 2007, 09:25:15 PM »

Brasky,

The yamaha RD 350 was one of, it not the very first sport bike ... 1975 or 1976.

as for you and your piercings/ tattoos .... sure they are popular, and they are trendy

what I call into question is a 35 year old man dribbling on and on about getting it done.

your a dork brasky, you know it, I know it, and your tattoo artist will know it..

This, you mean?  Really?   

1974  I probably have one of these fuckin pieces of shit buried in my parents attic, I think they gave them away at the dentist with a tooth cleaning.  LOL, look at the rear springs on this thing.  They never actually meant for you to drive these things.  You're supposed to hang it off a branch on your Christmas tree. 

1954   Heres a sport bike, 20 years earlier.  Stuff like this was rare.  *This* is the origin of sport bikes, but there was little or no market for these kinds of bikes.  Bikers liked big, solid bikes, in the 50's 60's and 70's.  Motorcycling began from soldiers returning from WW2 and Korea in the mainstream American culture.  They learned on big heavy Indians.  Euro bikes just didn't come here. 

1954  170 MPH  Moto Guzzi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_Guzzi      (Pic's huge, go look unless you're lame and ignorant.)

And then I guess you'll try to tell me if you put a faring on this, it'll be a "sport bike" too, right?  Wow, 1965!  (But you'd be wrong, its only a 305cc, The '74 up top is a 350cc.  Neither qualify.  Generally speaking, modern sport bikes begin at 500cc )

They'd been working on improving sport handling and reducing weight/drag for years.  Thats nothing new.  I can tell you didn't read a damn thing in the sport bike link, which defines modern sport from the old school, which were based on post-war models.  The classics such as Harley and Indian retained their "classic" styling in the post-war, and upped engine size as opposed to reducing body weight, allowing them to maintain the classic body style and not worry about weight.  Move your retard face along with the words, "Modern Sport Bikes Were Not Introduced And Popularly Accepted On US Soil Until The Mid Eighties." 

You are pointless.  Again.  Reverse engineering an argument is another sign.  The 70's models of those Jap bikes were all loosely based on European evolution from -again- post war models.  The same thing happened with cars.  American cars got bigger with more horsepower, Euro cars got smaller and more economical, due to fuel problems, I guess.  The bikes lost weight, and therefor became more fuel efficient.  As engine technology improved, speed increased -or- engine displacement shrunk to conserve fuel and weight. 

And the result was...  Those goofy little putterboxes like the Honda Pup, and upwards from there.  Those ridiculous little piles of Jap junk weren't sport bikes, they were death sleds.  They weighed nine pounds and went fast because there was nothing to 'em  IF you got the bigger engines that came as options.  They cost like $30.  Thats not sport, thats fuckin retarded. 

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2007, 10:24:33 PM »

ill take any of those brit bikes- and the guzzi too!

brasky- i had a 70-something Harley/AMF when i was 17. -buuut, never got to ride it cause i could never find any parts for it. ended up getting stolen by some biker.

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 12, 2007, 02:04:26 AM »

had no idea that the bowling AMF was the same company...

not much into harleys- too flashy for me.

a good in between would be the bikes from Exile- you know of them?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2007, 02:14:54 AM »

exile cycles- think he had a stint on a bike building show on discovery or something.

http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=22

that bike is about a close as it gets between cafe racers and crusers..

hes been credited to having been the first to popularize using fat rear tires up front.

Travis

« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2007, 04:27:03 AM »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »

Very nice body.  Very cliche tattoos.  I'm sick of the stars and the cookie cutter flowers that every tattooer learns as an apprentice (see: chest, left arm). 

Would love to get a parody tattoo, something like a panther riding a motorcycle away from a flaming skull with a pinup mermaid sitting on top of it, chased by a dragon.  But I'd be afraid people would take it seriously. 

Dr Killgreedy

« Reply #268 on: December 16, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »

:shock:

this is nice, but looks drawn on
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 02:32:51 PM by Dr. Killgreedy »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 16, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »

:shock:

Ha!  That lady is committed to her fatness.  Good for her, I guess. 

this is nice, but looks drawn on

Actually, it's entirely possible to do cherry blossoms in that watercolory-looking style.  I think it requires using a smaller needle, not sure.  The trunk looks a bit weird to me, though. 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 36 queries.