Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Lower the Barr?

Poll

How much will you contribute to Bob Barr's campaign if he gets the LP nomination (and no other noteworthy libertarians stay in the final race)?

Nothing, not even my vote
- 32 (57.1%)
Nothing except my vote
- 10 (17.9%)
Less than $10 (and my vote)
- 0 (0%)
$10 or more
- 1 (1.8%)
$20 or more
- 0 (0%)
$30 or more
- 0 (0%)
$50 or more
- 2 (3.6%)
$75 or more
- 1 (1.8%)
$100 or more
- 2 (3.6%)
$200 or more
- 1 (1.8%)
$300 or more
- 0 (0%)
$500 or more
- 1 (1.8%)
$1000 or more
- 0 (0%)
$1500 or more
- 0 (0%)
$2000 or more
- 0 (0%)
The legal maximum
- 1 (1.8%)
I'm ineligible to donate / vote in U.S.
- 5 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Lower the Barr?  (Read 37472 times)

Alex Libman

Re: Lower the Barr?
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2008, 01:35:50 PM »

You've already made your point.  Move along.

Taors

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2008, 01:39:08 PM »

Now you've really done it.

rabidfurby

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »

People change.  Didn't you see that YouTube video of Barr on shrooms signing Amazing Grace and sobbing frantically?  :lol:

People can change, but people can also stay the same. I'm not willing to give some career bureaucrat the benefit of the doubt just because he claims to be all libertarian and stuff now.

And the LP nominee, for better or worse, is the public face of libertarianism that the rest of the country sees. If Barr is still a statist on such a basic issue as ending the War on Drugs, he has no place within 500 feet of the LP, much less as its primary spokesperson.
Dude he said he's a Federalist on it, like Paul is on abortion

"Leave it to the states" is the biggest cop-out in the motherfucking world. I'm not happy about Ron Paul's usage of it, but it's not as despicable as Barr using it, since abortion is something that libertarians can disagree on and still be principled - it boils down to a metaphysical argument, rather than a political one.

The War on Drugs, on the other hand, is completely cut-and-dried. It's the quintessential victimless crime in today's society. The fact that Barr still supports it shows that he does not grok the non-agression principle, and is not truly a libertarian.

Quote from: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/bob_barr_on_hannity_colmes.html
BARR: No, I would not vote to legalize heroin and crack, Sean.

Bob Barr supports the initiation of force to achieve political and social goals. He either lied or completely misunderstood when he signed the LP Statement of Intent. He is not a libertarian, so he should not be chosen to represent libertarianism to others.

Taors

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2008, 08:07:29 PM »

People change.  Didn't you see that YouTube video of Barr on shrooms signing Amazing Grace and sobbing frantically?  :lol:

People can change, but people can also stay the same. I'm not willing to give some career bureaucrat the benefit of the doubt just because he claims to be all libertarian and stuff now.

And the LP nominee, for better or worse, is the public face of libertarianism that the rest of the country sees. If Barr is still a statist on such a basic issue as ending the War on Drugs, he has no place within 500 feet of the LP, much less as its primary spokesperson.
Dude he said he's a Federalist on it, like Paul is on abortion

"Leave it to the states" is the biggest cop-out in the motherfucking world. I'm not happy about Ron Paul's usage of it, but it's not as despicable as Barr using it, since abortion is something that libertarians can disagree on and still be principled - it boils down to a metaphysical argument, rather than a political one.

The War on Drugs, on the other hand, is completely cut-and-dried. It's the quintessential victimless crime in today's society. The fact that Barr still supports it shows that he does not grok the non-agression principle, and is not truly a libertarian.

Quote from: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/04/bob_barr_on_hannity_colmes.html
BARR: No, I would not vote to legalize heroin and crack, Sean.

Bob Barr supports the initiation of force to achieve political and social goals. He either lied or completely misunderstood when he signed the LP Statement of Intent. He is not a libertarian, so he should not be chosen to represent libertarianism to others.

Exactly.

Ron Paul is running as a REPUBLICAN and he has come out against the War on Drugs many, many times throughout the years and even on the campaign trail. Bob Barr is a fucking joke.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »

How is he?

Taors

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2008, 08:13:24 PM »

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »

How is he?

Fine, thanks for asking.

Can he walk after you've done with him? Or is the blood gushing from his asshole not stopped yet?

Taors

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2008, 08:20:26 PM »

How is he?

Fine, thanks for asking.

Can he walk after you've done with him? Or is the blood gushing from his asshole not stopped yet?

Some kid tried to break through my front door with a spiked iron dildo earlier. I had my body guards take care of him. My asshole is perfectly content at the moment.

Alex Libman

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2008, 11:06:15 PM »

[youtube=425,350]J4YUwR-E5hk[/youtube]

Taors

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2008, 01:04:05 AM »

Alex, check my signature.

You are supporting the continuation of the War on Drugs. You are supporting intervention in Iran, South America, and other places around the world. You are supporting taxation and foreign aid. You are supporting the "surge" and wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. You are supporting military tribunals. You are supporting the Patriot Act. You are supporting Bush-lite.

It's sickening.

How does that make you feel?

Taors

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2008, 07:44:06 AM »

Admit that you support government force, Comrade Libman.

Alex Libman

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »

I support reducing it using whatever means available.

What are YOU doing to reduce government force?

JWI

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2008, 01:29:12 PM »

Not voting for Bob Barr.

Alex Libman

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2008, 01:38:17 PM »

Not voting for Bob Barr.

Does McCain like to slap your butt while you french him?

JWI

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2008, 01:53:29 PM »

Not voting for Bob Barr.

Does McCain like to slap your butt while you french him?

He can't reach.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Lower the Barr?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 35 queries.