Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Is America approaching a time of armed revolution?

Poll

Is America approaching a time of armed revolution?

Yes.
- 26 (48.1%)
No.
- 22 (40.7%)
Other, explain.
- 6 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Is America approaching a time of armed revolution?  (Read 24865 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Is America approaching a time of armed revolution?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 01:51:40 AM »

On a scale of 1-10, how batshit is your mom? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 02:03:01 AM »

What do you rank most conservative Christians?

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 02:09:48 AM »

I voted for other.

At the moment I believe that pax americana will go the route of pax romana. When it does, there won't have to be an armed revolution. And I think this is going to happen relatively soon. Maybe as early as a few years, when the Feds go bankrupt from Social Security and their stubborn refusal to fixing or abolishing it, maybe after a few years, if/when a depression hits, because I also think we're close to another one of those.

I do kinda hope I'm wrong.

America isn't a powderkeg yet. When the US is a powderkeg, we'll know, and then all it'll take to set it off is one little spark.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:14:23 AM by Keti »

ladyattis

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 02:39:25 AM »

I agree in part only because the social climate as I've seen here in Kansas is not hostile toward the federal government. Once a universal distain for it becomes the general, and serious, 'tone' of conversation I'll bet then there won't be much time between 'talk and walk.'

-- Bridget

Taors

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 02:50:42 AM »

I agree in part only because the social climate as I've seen here in Kansas is not hostile toward the federal government. Once a universal distain for it becomes the general, and serious, 'tone' of conversation I'll bet then there won't be much time between 'talk and walk.'

-- Bridget

I don't see that happening down south any time soon. The only places I've heard disdain for the federal government is up north near NH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkkbAyibomE&eurl=

"Well he's from Texas he's gotta be right dur dur durrr". Also, how many of those people were wearing Dallas Cowboys hats? :lol:

lordmetroid

• Agorist of the Libertarian Left
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 05:08:37 AM »

Seems to be the only way you can get your freedom is from a revolt. If there is any validity behind these claims: THE UNITED STATES IS STILL A BRITISH COLONY. Then it is even more pressing that a revolt is made and not only against the US government but against britain itself.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 10:19:09 AM »

I certainly hope not. I don't want to see an armed revolution. Instead, I want the change to come about as it ought to, through a gradual shifting in the general attitude of the public. The place to make this come about is academia and popular culture.

As I've pointed out before, it takes only to change the thinking of a small number of core trend-setters. Most people just follow the opinions of this group. Right now, the average person, on first hearing about libertarianism, doesn't take it seriously, as it goes against the grain of all he or she has heard. Thirty years from now, it'll be different, and the average person, when confronted with statism, will respond differently. "What? Oh, that's been tried. Everyone knows that the government that governs best governs least."

CA called in the other night with the claim that no society every changed without armed conflict. This is untrue. Canada is much the same as the U.S. in culture and freedoms, and yet never fought a revolution. The Russian people finally stood up to their Soviet masters, and the communist collapsed. The same happened all over Eastern Europe. India finally became free of Britain. It can, and does, happen without violence.

Without libertarianism being the view of a very sizable portion of the public, any armed revolt is doomed to failure. The use of violence at this point would set the movement back by decades, and perhaps destroy it altogether.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Jason Orr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 10:49:25 AM »

The state will collapse financially before the political climate is ripe for revolution, if you ask me.
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money”

--Alexis de Tocqueville

Brent

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 11:14:19 AM »

I agree with Jason.  The US govt. can't sustain its financial situation much longer.  We ran a 750 billion dollar deficit last year.  The national debt is currently about 8.7 trillion dollars, or $29,000 per capita.  This debt increases by about 1.6 billion dollars per day.  We could very well end up with a democratic president in '08.  If congress stays democratic, we would likely end up with a catastrophic Universal Health Care service.  If that happens, look for the economy to be in deep shit as well as the US govt.  It seems to me that our economy can only barely suppourt the government we have, much less adding on a UHC system in a grossly overweight country.

Buy gold.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:15:28 PM by Brent »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 01:52:28 PM »

Standing and fighting is not how victory will be achieved if/when everything gets violent. Yes, of course you should keep your powder dry, but by god, dying in the street like a dog, only to have your corpse paraded on the news as another dead kook is not a noble or worthwhile end.

Keep your mouth shut and your eyes opened. When they start talking about curfews or checkpoints in your town, grab your bugout bag. If you aren't prepared, well, good luck to you.

If you really think that hanging around and fighting a guerrilla war is what you want to do, well, good luck to you with that as well. We'll be busy getting the hell out of Dodge to help you out. 

This is all wild postulation that assumes the worst scenario. I'm not assuming the worst, but I'm damn well gonna be prepared if something bad happens.

Run and hide or be a martyr.

Personally, I'd rather live for what I believe in that die for what I believe in.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

ladyattis

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 01:58:12 PM »

I think we'll have to fight though, only because looters only know one thing: force. It doesn't mean a knock down drag out fight, not even our Founding Fathers did that. They fought dirty, so shall we when the time comes.

-- Bridget

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 02:06:57 PM »

I think we'll have to fight though, only because looters only know one thing: force. It doesn't mean a knock down drag out fight, not even our Founding Fathers did that. They fought dirty, so shall we when the time comes.

-- Bridget

I'll not comment apart from repeating part of my previous post:

"Keep your mouth shut and your eyes opened."

Some people are already fighting dirty. They're working smart and they aren't getting caught.

Johnny_

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »

Keep your mouth shut and your eyes opened. When they start talking about curfews or checkpoints in your town, grab your bugout bag. If you aren't prepared, well, good luck to you.

There are roadblock checkpoints and minors have legal curfews in some areas (I grew up in one of them: any minor out after dark gets a fine, a stern talking to, and a free ride home care of Officer McSmiley).

All I'm saying is that if you're just waiting for this, precedent has been set for a while.  My pulled from my ass prediction for adult curfew (probably of just convicted felons at first...): 15 years.

Anyway, my $0.02 on the issue is that the right time would be after some kind of financial collapse, when people are more open to it.  Right now, well, some of us might *want* it to happen now but I'm sure it would fail.

[sarcasm on]Mostly because that kind of talk makes you all terrorists--hell, it makes you enemy combatants because that kind of talk morally aides the enemy of freedom: terrorists.  Which is what you are.  So have fun in the gulag--I mean Gitmo.[sarcasm off]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 02:18:36 PM by Johnny_ »

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 03:29:47 PM »

The state will collapse financially before the political climate is ripe for revolution, if you ask me.

Yep. Keep your real assets together, because some shit is gonna go down.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 04:16:04 PM »

I don't know how it's gonna hit the fan, but the old saw: "Get out of the city." has never seemed more appealing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Is America approaching a time of armed revolution?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.