Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  If you could choose

Poll

to be bisexual, would you choose to be.

Yup
- 18 (40%)
Nep
- 26 (57.8%)
Other
- 1 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: If you could choose  (Read 24726 times)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: If you could choose
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2007, 11:29:15 AM »

Don't know if this is hot. I'm kind of worried that I'm posting this.  :shock:

Oh, for the days when reasonable men resolved their disputes with logical discussion instead of violence.

[youtube=425,350]p3WTelB4NAE&NR=1[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3WTelB4NAE&eurl=
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 11:10:48 AM by dalebert »

aquabanianskakid

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »

This gets me hot.

[youtube=425,350]BkgMbU-we1o[/youtube]

I've always loved that video in a non sexual way of course.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2007, 01:19:24 AM »

Just for the record, every single asshead who plops a youtube video into this forum will get bitchslaps from me if they dont include the link.

Every time I view the thread.

This means if you plop these shit heaps in the thread and I view the thread five times, you will get five bitchslaps, and then I will seek out Error's last post and bitchslap it, because I have no other way to show my anger at the stupidity he created.  The YouTube button is a piece of shit. 

I dont care if you quote it, you'll get bitchslapped if there is no link.

Quote your sources, people.  Provide the link.

wtfk

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2007, 12:12:10 PM »

Just for the record, every single asshead who plops a youtube video into this forum will get bitchslaps from me if they dont include the link.

This means if you plop these shit heaps in the thread and I view the thread five times, you will get five bitchslaps, and then I will seek out Error's last post and bitchslap it, because I have no other way to show my anger at the stupidity he created.  The YouTube button is a piece of shit. 

1) You could get a browser that works.
2) You could pull the ID from the youtube tag and put it in on the youtube web site.
3) You could nicely ask the people who implemented the youtube button to make the feature include the link.

Most of us have a hard time tracking each other's bugs.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2007, 02:33:57 PM »

1) You could get a browser that works.
2) You could pull the ID from the youtube tag and put it in on the youtube web site.
3) You could nicely ask the people who implemented the youtube button to make the feature include the link.

Most of us have a hard time tracking each other's bugs.

I do have a browser that works. 

I won't bother investigating.

I have asked numerous times for people to include the link, and many have complied with my simple request out of courtesy.

Nicely asking for any upgrades in any features around here always gets either no reply or a snippy comment. 

I've mentioned the failings of the youtube button many times, and I've also mentioned the failings of the server upgrade they did months ago which resulted in post time-outs when the past one did not have this flaw.   

Any other form of media is commonly sourced with a link, such as books and newspaper articles or web pages which the info is c/p'd from, yet this is not given the same "sources please" treatment. 

I'm not interested in your difficulty tracking anyones bugs.  Quote your source or get slapped.  Whenever I put anything here, I provide the link, and if it's youtube I never imbed the player into the page because it slows the page down.  I don't like to see "gathering data from img.youtube.com" sitting in the corner of my browser, constantly throwing packets of data to and from my machine to youtube and back.  It removes my option to communicate with that file.  Maybe I don't want my IP address associated with that file.  Ever think of that?

wtfk

« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »

Many of us have dealt, for years, with web sites whose authors insist on only checking for Internet Exploder compatibility, or don't check for compatibility with browsers that come with the OS, such as Safari.  These troubles are a fact of life, and blaming others for them is unnecessary.

The youtube ID is in the post.  It's something like: v=3A6ICAlcREw

Therefore, the attribution is provided.

I don't see how accessing it is going to give your IP to anyone except youtube--which is the cost of using their service.  It's not an issue.  You may notice that I already started including a link, but it has nothing to do with the threat of bitchslapping people for not including it.  It had to do with just becoming aware that some not only are unable to post youtube links, but are unable to read them.  Before, I'd believed only the former was true.

By the way, Dalebert's first youtube video on this page was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grGrN_nuWg8 .
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 02:54:53 PM by wtfk »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2007, 03:37:40 PM »

I don't see how accessing it is going to give your IP to anyone except youtube--which is the cost of using their service.  It's not an issue. 

It is an issue.  If I'm not accessing it by choice, yet my machine is communicating with the imbedded player and sending data without the provision of their service.

But since I have no choice in what people post, I might as well be able to benefit from seeing the fucker if I choose.

The only way I can access that link is to reply with a quote, then copy the url and paste it into my browser and go there manually. 

At some point, I probably disabled something in windows, not the browser.  I use firefox and get nothing, and used to use IE and got nothing with that, either.  I'm not about to go tweaking the defaults in My Computer settings to see a thing and disrupt everything else which works perfectly.  By the way, I have clicked imbedded youtubes in other websites and THEY play, just not here.  No clue why. 

And its not a threat, its a peeve.  Like I said, every other thing we swap is accompanied with a url link.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who cant simply click on the stupid little screenshot and get it to play.  So, I announced my displeasure at the functionality of that option, and the result of my annoyance will be bitchslaps.  Cause and effect.  I don't care if you agree with it. 

This concludes my debate in this matter. 

wtfk

« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2007, 04:21:31 PM »

You can choose not to use this BBS.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »

Obviously.  You're my hero for pointing out something so blatantly stupid. 

I can also criticize its flaws, and bitchslap for any reasons I wish.  Which is better than doing it simply because I have anger issues and use it as an extension of my penis. 

That is my reason, and I've announced it publicly, unlike some small-minded pissbucket monkeyfucker who likes to hide.  Up til now, I haven't used it except in rare cases.  Proof of that is immediately visible by checking your karma.  If I abused it, yours would be several million in the hole.  But I'd be ashamed of myself for abusing a feature like that, and giving noobs an impression of a person appearing to be a jackass by having a huge negative number, or using my super-godlike powers to modify their title to say "shithead", rather than taking the few minutes necessary to explain my opinion with some written words.     

I can think of a few who are several hundred lower than they should be thanks to such childish actions.  So, I'll just play the game like everyone else since it appears to be the accepted method. 

wtfk

« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2007, 05:44:28 PM »

Oh, look...someone's stuck in asshole mode again...not to mention making bullshit claims he can't substantiate.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2007, 05:49:23 PM »

Oh, look...someone's stuck in asshole mode again...not to mention making bullshit claims he can't substantiate.

Claims?  Such as?  And toward whom? 

wtfk

« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2007, 05:50:51 PM »

Pretty much all of them, as usual.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »

Obviously.  You're my hero for pointing out something so blatantly stupid. 

If I abused it, yours would be several million in the hole. 

Those are the only two lines directly aimed at you.  If you choose to wear the rest of those shoes, be my guest. 

wtfk

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2007, 06:18:57 PM »

Hmm...I seem to recall saying "bullshit claims he cannot substantiate"--not who they were leveled at.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2007, 08:49:39 PM »

Hmm...I seem to recall saying "bullshit claims he cannot substantiate"--not who they were leveled at.

Why are you even addressing me? 

I made a straight up comment, and as we both understand perfectly well your input is not required, yet you continue.  As I mentioned, it is cause and effect.  I couldn't care less about your approval of my actions.  Do your own thing, act your own way.  Feel free to post your vids in any manner you wish.  None of my original commentary was addressed specifically to you, it was a general announcement to be considered by anyone who cares to read it.  Should they choose to accept or reject my comment is absolutely none of your fucking business.  If they choose to consider it and say "Hm, never thought of that."  I'll appreciate the inclusion of a link.  If not, I hit the button.  Very simple, even you can probably understand it in your severely limited mental capacity. 

You follow me around like a little girl, begging for candy.  Please stop, it makes you look strange.  You may sit at my feet if you wish, but keep quiet about it, I'm trying to communicate with some interesting people and it becomes a distraction to continually deal with your droolings. 

And understand this:  You can stick your substantiations up your ass.  I explained how I DON"T operate, nothing more.  I don't sit around all fucking day hiding from the world or bitchslapping people for days and weeks and months.  That is not to be confused with anything else.  If you can draw a parallell between what I don't do and anyone elses behavior, thats not my fault. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  If you could choose

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.