Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Black (Market) Pride

Poll

What activities do you most admire?

Drug dealing
- 8 (27.6%)
Arms dealing
- 10 (34.5%)
Pimping
- 0 (0%)
Illegal Loans & Gambling
- 4 (13.8%)
Euthanasia
- 5 (17.2%)
back street abortionist
- 2 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black (Market) Pride  (Read 4548 times)

bakerbaker

Re: Black (Market) Pride
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 02:40:43 PM »

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »

Black market gun means not registered to you.

"...all I know was that when he tripped over the dog's chew toy I saw my chance...
...I grabbed the gun from his hands and...
...shot him with it...                              ...I feared for my life and that of my family...
...I hardly knew what was happening...
...all so fast...                   ...thought that was it for me...

...did I mention that it was his gun?"
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 12:58:03 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

How many guns do you suppose people have regardless of the law? (criminals and law abiding citizens.)

..and what about the country? No more fox hunting and such?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

fatcat

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 07:11:17 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

How many guns do you suppose people have regardless of the law? (criminals and law abiding citizens.)

..and what about the country? No more fox hunting and such?

Fox huntings gone, and there are still shitloads of guns around.

There are millions of guns in the country, not just left over shit from the gun ban and farmers shotguns, there have been recorded uses of Mac-10s in the past 5 years.

The gun war is just as blatantly a failure as  the drug war, and that failure is as blatantly ignored by media/public/government as with the drug war too.

'Guns off the streets' is all i hear, its as if they're still trying to get them banned.

* In the year ending June 2005, there were 10,979 firearm offences recorded in England and Wales (excluding offences involving air guns).
    * This is a 6% increase from 2003/04 and continues the pattern of annual increases every year since 1997/98.
    * In fact, the current number of firearms offences is almost twice that of 1997/98.
    * Firearms were involved in 1,206 more serious incidents of violence against the person (other than homicide) in 2004/05 than in 2003/04.
    * In less serious incidents of violence against the person, firearms were involved in 4,568 offences – a 31% increase from 2003/04.
    * Firearms were used in 73 homicides in 2004/05 (under one in ten of all homicides), five more than the previous year.
    * There were 2,659 firearm robberies in 2004/05 (4% of all robbery offences) – down 9% from 2003/04.
    * 412 firearm offences resulted in serious injury in 2004/05 – down 6% from 2003/04.

I don't think there has been one recorded use of a gun in self defense that didn't get some sort of jail time since the hand gun ban.

Really its hard to stress the point enough if you're from america, It's not like people in the jury are going to look at the evidence and see if you were at risk and see if you tried to avoid killing them if you didn't have to kill them. If you even touched the gun you're guilty.

"Only people who want to kill people have guns, everyone knows that, look at America they have tons of guns and tons of gun crime"

Self defense here is non existence, if you kill someone its murder, no ifs no buts. You can just about get away with it if you use your fists to defend against a burglar, but there have been recorded cases of burglars prosecuting for assault when they were attacked.

As I've said before, and hard as it is to believe, its simply just not worth the risk of jail time. Shit, even taking the gun home to my house is too big a risk, its a mandatory 5 year sentence just for owning one. I'll take my chances with heavy doors and a baseball bat if I'm at home, and if I'm in a car I'll use a tire iron. Anything else that would be remotely useful as a weapon outside of my house will get me done on offensive weapons act (hint: anything they say is an offensive weapon is an offensive weapon), and as I mentioned before I'm far more likely to be searched walking about than to be attacked.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 07:15:36 PM by fatcat »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 10:55:12 PM »

Crazy. What the hell sparked it, the rush to ban guns?

Sounds like the US in a few more years (or maybe just a few more hurricanes).
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

AntonLee

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 12:23:29 AM »

gonna have to start burying guns.

fatcat

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »

Crazy. What the hell sparked it, the rush to ban guns?

Sounds like the US in a few more years (or maybe just a few more hurricanes).

There has been a long running sentiment of dependence on authority and fear of those willing to defend themselves, but it all really culminated in the Dunblane School Massacre

Which led to the outright handgun ban.

And in case your wondering, there wasn't a peep from the media in terms of the large rise in gun crime and burglaries, so don't expect reality to keep your rights safe over there in the US
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Black (Market) Pride

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.