Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you drinking tonight?
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 121   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you drinking tonight?  (Read 367495 times)

inane

• View Profile
Re: What are you drinking tonight?
« Reply #1650 on: May 12, 2010, 01:13:00 AM »

Finishing off that whiskey
Astrology is as vacuous as the space it worships.
-Perry DeAngelis

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1651 on: May 12, 2010, 12:57:38 PM »

There's a sugar-free version of the non-cola Red Bull.  Of course it doesn't taste all that great, but you know...they never do.

As for what I'm drinking...pomegranate limeade from Trader Joe's. 

It's sitting in the fridge for tomorrow night. Tonight, I'll be trying sugar-free Wired.

Thus far, they are all about the same. Flavored water in brightly colored cans. I do believe the can does more to keep you awake than does the actual contents.

Probably.  I drank four sugar-free Red Bulls in one night and fell right asleep.   :lol:

Red Bull has the same effect on me. The last time I had one I finished  the can then promptly passed out.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #1652 on: May 13, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »

Red Bull has the same effect on me. The last time I had one I finished  the can then promptly passed out.

For the last of my seven midnight shifts, I saved the granddaddy of them all, the king, the one that started the entire energy drink fad, raging Red Bull. No wings, at least none that I could detect. Maybe half a wing. But then, an emu has wings too, but it can't get off the ground.

Tonight, I'm off, and so it's on to other things. Rum, for instance.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 25, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »

Tonight is cups of hot black coffee and glasses of ice water.
In approximately 2.5 weeks, I'll be enjoying limoncello:

Will top off the carafes with a bit of everclear tomorrow. Need to up the alcohol content a little from the 80 proof vodka, so that it doesn't freeze after I add the simple syrup in 10 days.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

ForumTroll

« Reply #1654 on: May 25, 2010, 10:00:24 PM »

I think you're not supposed to use any of the white part of the peel when making stuff like that. Makes it bitter.

I'd start over with a handle of Everclear and just use a lemon zester to get the top part of the peel only.

Yeah, I know, I'm a spoilsport.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 25, 2010, 10:42:42 PM »

I think you're not supposed to use any of the white part of the peel when making stuff like that. Makes it bitter.

I'd start over with a handle of Everclear and just use a lemon zester to get the top part of the peel only.

Not a spoilsport. I adjusted as I went. Grabbed the wrong peeler when I started the 2nd bottle. After the first lemon, I switched back to the peeler I used yesterday & got it pretty thin. Very little pith.
I was going to use the zester, but read conflicting recipes that said I needed to use more lemons if zesting instead of peeling. So, I opted for thick skinned lemons, so I had an easier time skimming the peeler across the top.

Just in case though, I'll check the first bottle before adding the sugar, to make sure it's not bitter. Don't need it until close to end of June, so I'll have time to start over.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1656 on: May 25, 2010, 11:22:45 PM »

Not a spoilsport. I adjusted as I went. Grabbed the wrong peeler when I started the 2nd bottle. After the first lemon, I switched back to the peeler I used yesterday & got it pretty thin. Very little pith.
I was going to use the zester, but read conflicting recipes that said I needed to use more lemons if zesting instead of peeling. So, I opted for thick skinned lemons, so I had an easier time skimming the peeler across the top.

Just in case though, I'll check the first bottle before adding the sugar, to make sure it's not bitter. Don't need it until close to end of June, so I'll have time to start over.

That sounds nice. 

A long while back, a friend of mine had this big brown upright cooler, with a spout on it.  Like an upright suitcase, kinda, but plastic.  We filled it with chopped up watermelon, maraschino cherries, cans of chunked pineapple, a couple gallons of vodka, and a big bottle of Everclear.  It went over well.  But I always knew something was missing - lemon zest. 

We set it on the edge of the kitchen table, pouring cups from the spout.  Smoked a fuck-ton of dope.  Then my girlfirend started dirty-drinking off the spout, letting it pour down her tits.  Then my friend Scott went outside and beat some guy with a raingutter downspout, while the girlfriend gave a bunch of people blowjobs.  There was a lot of the booze left, so I filled a big 2-liter bottle and left.  There was bound to be cops soon. 

I think that was the Summer of the Blue Mustang.  Yeah!  Because then I started fuckin' Lori - who i met at someone's wedding (no clue whos wedding it was), and she wore the lycra camel-toe shorts in the Mustang, and then I wrecked it, dumped Lori, and got the Monte Carlo.  I think.

But anyway, Everclear - gotta watch that stuff. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 26, 2010, 02:50:28 PM »

Southern Comfort.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

ForumTroll

« Reply #1658 on: May 26, 2010, 02:55:57 PM »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 26, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »

Southern Comfort.

Splurging, eh?
Eh.  I dig the stuff every once in a while.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1660 on: May 27, 2010, 05:58:27 PM »

SoCo is way too sweet. 

BobRobertson

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 27, 2010, 06:55:43 PM »

Tullamore Dew.
"I regret that I am now to die in the belief that the useless sacrifice of themselves by the generation of 1776 to acquire self-government and happiness to their country is to be thrown away by the unwise and unworthy passions of their sons, and that my only consolation is to be that I live not to weep over it."
-- Thomas Jefferson, April 26th 1820

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #1662 on: May 27, 2010, 07:47:37 PM »

Keystone Ice.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

inane

• View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 31, 2010, 10:26:38 PM »

screw driver
Astrology is as vacuous as the space it worships.
-Perry DeAngelis

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #1664 on: May 31, 2010, 10:29:58 PM »

Diet 7Up
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 121   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  What are you drinking tonight?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 27 queries.