Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Tax Resister Diet  (Read 72684 times)

blackie

Re: The Tax Resister Diet
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2010, 10:42:24 PM »

I don't get the seafood thing, especially stuff that looks like large bugs.

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2010, 10:53:06 PM »

I live on the Atlantic Ocean.  The seafood here is cheap, fresh, and brilliantly prepared.
The item in question "soft shell crab" is a delicacy and not enjoyed by most people.  They harvest them in the spring  when the crabs have molted their hard shell, remove a few organs and then cook the entire crab.  Yum

Here's a few land lover delicacies for you.

Kobe Beef Tar Tar

Bone Marrow

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2010, 11:58:54 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I crave meat so much I don't even know what to compare that craving to.  Sometimes it gets so bad it's the only thing I can think about...

But I hate the government more.

I have never violated this diet since I started it (except one piece of French Toast I bit into without thinking).  My resolve is a reflection of my will.  If I can do this, then I can do anything.

Pretty soon time will come for me to put my words into action.  I will jump on government bureaucrats like a starving wolf, and I will rip their guts to pieces!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:01:01 AM by Alex Libman »

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2010, 12:04:34 AM »

I dunno.
These don't look as tasty as the meat photos posted above.
Maybe it was the crude preparation?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:07:45 AM by WidespreadPanic »

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2010, 01:36:36 AM »

My references to violence are figurative and poetic, obviously, though the people they're directed at would certainly deserve it.

Oh, and that second photo is a known fake / art project.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2010, 04:12:20 AM »

OK, so I've decided to loosen up the "drink nothing but water" rule and the "no sweets" rule.  I'm stuffing my face with imported taxed regulated government-loving coffee right now.  Mmmm mmm!  :P

I can do without sweets in general, but coffee is what I've missed the most in the last few months.  Getting zero caffeine all this time did not fix my sleep cycles (I often work all night through and sleep during the day), but it only made them more difficult to adjust afterwards when I'd wake up at like 6PM and try to stay awake for ~26 hours to get back on a "normal" schedule.

I guess this makes it easier for the government thugs to poison me, because poison is much easier to hide in coffee than in water.  Luckily you all know that the chances of me suiciding myself or dying of natural causes or being hit by a truck or ever leaving this forum are pretty much zero, so if I disappear poisoned coffee is probably to blame.  :lol:

I'm still 100% strict on the other rules: vegan, no drugs, no alcohol, no smoking, etc.  I guess Free State gulchers will just have to learn to grow greenhouse coffee beans for themselves, which I'm sure many people will want to do anyway.

In other news, I've resolved to troll at least one "animal rights" forum a month to compensate for my veganism.  This happened when I was googling to find out if any animals are particularly sensitive to cold weather, and I found this disgusting forum thread with commie assholes applauding $500 fines for people who leave their animals outside for more than 10 minutes...  :x

You are all mentally deranged fascists!  There is absolutely no rational basis for "animal rights", which in reality violate human rights and place almost limitless power in the hands of the government.  Thugs who impose their arbitrary emotions on others deserve to fall victim to the same - how would you feel if someone forced you to wear a veil or pray to Allah five times a day?!

This is exactly why I didn't go vegan sooner, and the reason why millions of people would rather die 20 years early than go vegan - because they don't want to be associated with people like you!  :x

:x

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:27:23 AM by Alex Libman »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2010, 05:18:15 AM »

Perhaps we should refer to this bbs as the "Troll Home Base."

Keep us updated Libman!  Kicking the caffeine habit is a good idea, if you can do it, tell me how so I can too.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2010, 05:34:06 AM »

Alex, the reason you are craving meat so bad is because you're starving yourself.  Don't fuckin starve yourself you dipshit.  Eat some fuckin beef man.  Go buy some 99c/lb beef at Food4Less at least and grill it up and put it in some soup or a quesadilla or something at least.  Don't starve yourself of what your body really needs to survive.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2010, 05:57:19 AM »

Perhaps we should refer to this bbs as the "Troll Home Base."

I swear, I once came across a dial-up PCBoard BBS called The Troll's Cave:lol:

I'm pretty sure it was around since the 1980s, so no reference to the modern terminology there.

Yeah, I like to post the tales of my trolling adventures where I know they won't be deleted, and others are welcome to go there and do some sockpuppeting after they ban me.  ;)

Keep us updated Libman!  Kicking the caffeine habit is a good idea, if you can do it, tell me how so I can too.

I guess you missed it - I said I've had zero caffeine for the past ~3 months and drank nothing but water, not even herbal tea or green tea decaf, ending last night.  Only made me more drowsy with no positive effects compared to moderate coffee consumption.  (Excessive coffee consumption does cause problems though.) 

Alex, the reason you are craving meat so bad is because you're starving yourself.

No, quite the opposite.  I eat enough beans and bread to feed a small army, and plenty of veggies as well!  I get about 3000 calories every day, about 20% of which is from protein.  (And that's without really trying, because I really do like leaf vegetables and legumes - I could even average 40% protein if I really wanted to, but that's probably too much even for bodybuilders.)  I also get enough iron and almost enough calcium - plus I take generous amounts of high-quality vitamin supplements to be sure.

[...]  Go buy some 99c/lb beef at Food4Less at least  [...]

The best you'd get for 99c/lb (and only if your timing is right) is half-spoiled beef that's >30% fat, which means >65% fat calories.  I'd eat that pound of beef in one sitting, getting more than one day's maximum of cholesterol in a single meal, and I'd still be hungry.  That same 99c could buy a meal of beans and barley that is far more nutritious, with far less poison and with more protein too!  Most important of all, this meat would be far more difficult / inefficient to acquire in a Galt's Gulch type situation, which is what this diet is all about!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:15:50 AM by Alex Libman »

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2010, 06:06:55 AM »

Trust me, there are proteins in meat that you can't get anywhere else.  You need those proteins.  There's a reason your body is craving meat.  Because you fucking NEED it.  And I can get 99c/lb beef that's not half spoiled or mostly fat at the Food4Less near my house.  Sure it's not very tender and it's not great, but it works fine for quesadillas and stews.  Bump the price up to 3 bucks a pound and you might be able to find some on sale tri tip.  I just got some VERY GOOD tri tip for 5 bucks a pound at costco yesterday.  Already ate some of it and it was delicious.  Sure you have to carve/trim it yourself, but who cares?
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2010, 06:38:53 AM »

You mean essential amino acids or something else?  I use NutritionData.com to check that I get a full amino-acid profile in all my major recipes, which is actually taking it too far because you don't need to combine them in one meal, just every 1-2 days.  Do you honestly think the vegan bodybuilders in below photographs aren't getting enough protein?!

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIcSuA2b_Wc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIcSuA2b_Wc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

And I don't think a Galt's Gulch is going to have a Food4Less store materialize out of thin air, and even if it did the meat prices would be closer to 99 dollars per pound than 99 cents!  For the millionth time, this is all about gulching and tax resistance, not the discount bin in the government-loving supermarket in your neighborhood!

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2010, 07:53:37 AM »

If you're in Michigan, there's absolutely no sales tax on food.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2010, 07:58:05 AM »

Well I'm not going to complain about Libman starving himself to death.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:11 AM »

If you're in Michigan, there's absolutely no sales tax on food.

Oh...  I guess that means there are only 150 taxes on a loaf of bread then...

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »

I support what you are doing. But if you simply must have coffee, you may be able to attenuate the damage by buying large amounts (for obvious reasons) from individuals (also for obvious reasons). There is a whole coffee section on eBay; maybe you can work out an arrangement with someone like gino535, bagboy25, or the.blue.bell.mountain.coffee.
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet

// ]]>

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 32 queries.