Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 431309 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #705 on: January 28, 2010, 06:29:46 AM »

Question:

Why do assholes with shitty cars have to have the most annoying and over sensitive alarm systems?  I just got home and set off this damn shitty civic's alarm system for the 4th time this week.  I put a Flowmaster 50 SUV series muffler on my Suburban just so that it would have a good sound but not be too loud!  It's really not that loud!  I got the quietest damned Flowmaster muffler they make that's designed to eliminate drone just so it could have a good sound but be relatively quiet.  And this fucker who just moved into my apartment complex has to have the most RIDICULOUSLY sensitive alarm system on their shitty ass early 90's Honda Civic!  NOBODY WANTS TO STEAL YOUR POS CAR!  TURN THAT SHIT OFF so I don't keep waking up the entire complex when I get home at 3AM.

I think I'm going to try and teach this person a lesson by repeatedly setting off the alarm as many times as possible in one day so it kills their damned battery.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 28, 2010, 08:06:49 AM »

I once had flowmasters on a chevy truck.  It was loud.  I hated driving through residential areas at night.  I never would have bought them myself but they came with the truck.  Over a couple of years I set off 3 alarms total and none at idle.  It was not quiet with good sound.  It was loud and obnoxious and rude.  If you're setting off his over-sensitive alarm you're waking up at least part of the complex anyway.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 28, 2010, 08:16:33 AM »

I once had flowmasters on a chevy truck.  It was loud.  I hated driving through residential areas at night.  I never would have bought them myself but they came with the truck.  Over a couple of years I set off 3 alarms total and none at idle.  It was not quiet with good sound.  It was loud and obnoxious and rude.  If you're setting off his over-sensitive alarm you're waking up at least part of the complex anyway.
The Flowmaster 40 series I had on my last Suburban was super loud and obnoxious.  The 50 series SUV is much quieter believe me.  I couldn't deal with another 40 series, but the 50 series isn't very loud, especially when the truck is just idling.

It sounds like this exactly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXWBqnbmgzE

Vs. the 40 series that sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlgo41ELZ0  Far more obnoxious.

Trust me, my truck is only loud when I open the throttle wide open.  It's their quietest muffler.  This person just moved in, and they have an oversensitive alarm system.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 28, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »

I used to date a guy who lived near downtown Dallas, across the street from a parking garage.  Unfortunately, the part of the parking garage right across from his bedroom window contained some sort of speed bump.  And somebody with a highly sensitive car alarm regularly parked right next to that bump.  This meant that when somebody else was working late at night (or whatever they were doing) and drove down the ramp and over that bump, it would set off that car's alarm.  It was the typical variable alarm:  WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO etc.  Every time somebody went over that bump.  Cue lack of sleep, murderous rage.

We went into the garage, located the car, and put a note under the windshield wiper.  Not "Fuck you, asshole," but just explaining what was happening and requesting that he park somewhere else.  And he did-- after that night we never heard the alarm again.   I'm a note-leaver by nature, and I know that's a passive aggressive thing to do, but in this case there really wasn't any choice-- it wasn't as if we could track the guy down and explain things to him in person, because we didn't know where in the area he actually worked or was hanging out.  To be honest I would've gotten some satisfaction out of shooting out his windows, but he probably had no actual idea of how much his car was disrupting the sleep of two very pissed off people across the street.  Sometimes people just need to be made aware, politely, of how much of a dick they are being and they'll cut it out.  Problem solved, everyone's happy. 

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #709 on: January 28, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »

WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO

Wonderful. :D
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 28, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »

WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO

This.  Personally I would like video of Rillion making these noises.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 28, 2010, 02:26:09 PM »

WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO

This.  Personally I would like video of Rillion making these noises.   :lol:

Sorry, I only make those noises during sex, and I'm not showing you video of that.  

"Having sex with her is incredible. It's just like a concert, I swear it is.  We throw Frisbees around the room. And when she wants more, she lights a match." -- Steven Wright
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:28:05 PM by Rillion »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 28, 2010, 02:38:03 PM »

WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO

This.  Personally I would like video of Rillion making these noises.   :lol:

Sorry, I only make those noises during sex, and I'm not showing you video of that.  

"Having sex with her is incredible. It's just like a concert, I swear it is.  We throw Frisbees around the room. And when she wants more, she lights a match." -- Steven Wright

Car alarm noises during sex...this sounds like an awesome prank I would pull.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 28, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »

... I'm a note-leaver by nature, and I know that's a passive aggressive thing to do, but in this case there really wasn't any choice--...

Really? I don't think note-leaving is passive aggressive. Notes are practical tools that serve a useful purpose. It is not like you were using it to be malicious, manipulative, or secretive. I'm glad it got you a result.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 28, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »

... I'm a note-leaver by nature, and I know that's a passive aggressive thing to do, but in this case there really wasn't any choice--...

Really? I don't think note-leaving is passive aggressive. Notes are practical tools that serve a useful purpose. It is not like you were using it to be malicious, manipulative, or secretive. I'm glad it got you a result.
Notes are probably a much nicer thing to leave than the dead battery I'd like to leave this person.

It's a good idea and I think I'll do it.  Just a suggestion to get their alarm system tuned so it isn't so sensitive.  It's not like I'm backing into my parking spot revving my engine or anything, it just idles as I roll into the spot very slowly.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 28, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »

I really, really hate confronting people.  And I read Passive Aggressive Notes a lot (it's hilarious, by the way, you should check it out).  So I don't think that leaving a note is always passive aggressive, but sometimes have a hard time telling when it is and when it isn't.  It's certainly better than screaming at someone, but it's not likely to make you their best friend either. 

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 28, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »

I really, really hate confronting people.  And I read Passive Aggressive Notes a lot (it's hilarious, by the way, you should check it out).  So I don't think that leaving a note is always passive aggressive, but sometimes have a hard time telling when it is and when it isn't.  It's certainly better than screaming at someone, but it's not likely to make you their best friend either. 

I'm a note person too.  I have a problem with talking to people, like my employees when they've done something that isn't exactly acceptable.  Either because I'll get mad or ask them why they did something so stupid, and to me that's crossing a line and it's just easier to leave them a note on occasion. 
         -George W. Bush

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 28, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »

In some scenarios, it is, but in this context, its the easiest way to get a point across, and not really passive-aggressive.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 30, 2010, 07:12:19 PM »

How does your online persona differ from your real-life persona?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 30, 2010, 08:18:46 PM »

How does your online persona differ from your real-life persona?

I swear more in real life.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 27 queries.