Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: The Tax Resister Diet  (Read 72879 times)

AL the Inconspicuous

Re: The Tax Resister Diet
« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2010, 05:17:46 PM »

I don't like thinking about it as Mexican food.  The ingredients may be Mexican (except the rye bread, soy sauce, and some of the spices), but they were chosen for pragmatic reasons.  Just beans and things that complement them in taste, digestion, and nutrition.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 04, 2010, 05:20:52 PM »

I don't like thinking about it as Mexican food.  The ingredients may be Mexican (except the rye bread, soy sauce, and some of the spices), but they were chosen for pragmatic reasons.  Just beans and things that complement them in taste, digestion, and nutrition.

So the stuff in Mexican food wasn't chosen for pragmatic reasons?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2010, 05:33:42 PM »

That actually sounds right tasty.  Did you bake the bread?

No, not yet, but that is something I will look into in the future.  Most bread you get in this country is major fail.  I don't like to buy anything pre-sliced: it really does taste better if you cut it yourself, and stays fresh longer too.  (Though sometimes I actually like bread that's a little firmer, as did my father before me.)  German stores often have excellent rye bread, but it's usually pretty expensive for a gulcher for whom bread is a major staple.  Farmer's markets sometimes have people who bake and sell excellent bread: I especially like sourdough.

And how do you make avocado butter?  Just mush it?

Pretty much yeah, just cut a few ripe avocado in half, remove the pit, use a spoon to scoop out the green buttery goodness, add spices to taste, and mush (or mash?) it with a fork into a smooth spread.  I usually like to add crushed garlic and a little soy sauce, but I've also tried lemon juice, chopped cilantro leaves, ground cumin, even Tabasco sauce, etc.

Another thing I often spread on bread is canned tomato paste (the thick paste, not the watered-down sauce), also mixed with crushed garlic and other spices.

That sounds like Guacamole to me.
Avocado, onion, salt, pepper is the most basic gucamole. Add lemon juice so it doesnt turn brown.

Yeah you could add other stuff too like cilantro, tomato, seasonings, peppers (various), etc.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »

So the stuff in Mexican food wasn't chosen for pragmatic reasons?

(I also can't stand Taco Bell because of the positive Che Guevara references in commercials.)

blackie

« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »

Avocado, onion, salt, pepper is the most basic gucamole. Add lemon juice so it doesnt turn brown.

Yeah you could add other stuff too like cilantro, tomato, seasonings, peppers (various), etc.
I do avocados, green onions, lime juice, cilantro, tomato and garlic.

Garlic press FTW.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2010, 05:41:39 PM »

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2010, 09:42:05 PM »

From the "Frugal Tax Resister Diaries" thread:

(0)  Please take some time to think about the logic of agorism before mocking others.

No shit, megatard.  I fucking told you like a hundred times you can buy meat on the DL, and leather is nothing more than external meat.  So stfu.

And I debunked your folly 101 times, and will again for as long as you continue to repeat yourself.  There's simply no rational reason for a serious agorist to eat meat, given that obtaining it "on the DL" is a very wasteful and even dangerous habit.  But fur and leather can come from anywhere, even an animal shot 100 years ago!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:44:53 PM by Alex Libman »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2010, 10:25:29 PM »

From the "Frugal Tax Resister Diaries" thread:

(0)  Please take some time to think about the logic of agorism before mocking others.

No shit, megatard.  I fucking told you like a hundred times you can buy meat on the DL, and leather is nothing more than external meat.  So stfu.

And I debunked your folly 101 times, and will again for as long as you continue to repeat yourself.  There's simply no rational reason for a serious agorist to eat meat, given that obtaining it "on the DL" is a very wasteful and even dangerous habit.  But fur and leather can come from anywhere, even an animal shot 100 years ago!

You obviously don't understand supply-demand.  When there is a demand, there will usually be profit in the supply.  However the market price works itself out in relation to alternatives is irrelevant.  It doesn't matter if you like it.  It doesn't matter if you agree with the optimum usage of another persons time or property. 

You seriously lack vision, and you keep proving it by making all these strong arguments against something that would ultimately be none of your business, which you'd simply choose not to buy like anything else you don't like.  You seem to understand and accept variety in every other situation, and even agree that it is good for a diverse economy.  But in this case, you're so wrapped up in your own ego, you lose the ability to rationalize a really fuckin' simple topic - and I think its fucking hilarious for someone who claims to be as intelligent as you do.  Its enormously gratifying to see you play out such a colossal failure, especially for so long. 

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2010, 10:42:48 PM »

You bringing up "supply-demand" clearly demonstrates that you have no idea what's going on.  If simply buying your freedom was possible then there'd be no need for any of this!

And, yes, my ego is what it's all about.  I don't expect others to follow my commandments, I only publicize my own thought process about what is right for me and try to lead by example.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2010, 02:19:23 PM »

You bringing up "supply-demand" clearly demonstrates that you have no idea what's going on.  If simply buying your freedom was possible then there'd be no need for any of this!

And, yes, my ego is what it's all about.  I don't expect others to follow my commandments, I only publicize my own thought process about what is right for me and try to lead by example.

Who will supply the transistors you need to eat?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »

Backpedal, backpedal.  Supply-demand has everything to do with it.  You keep insisting there is no valid reason for anyone to eat meat, period.  You keep insisting there is no valid reason to produce meat, because it isn't financially rewarding in a cost-benefit ratio as compared to other uses of standing acreage.  Your failure to make the simple connection between the two is a laughable failure of logic so huge, its really mind-boggling.  It ignores almost the whole pie in a pie chart.  People have wants, their appetites are typical as a cross section and that wouldn't change much.  I grant you that there may be a little more granola in this crowd because of the social awareness being greater than the typical per capita numbers, but its not enough to overlook the supply chain entirely. 

Whitewashing the subject with crap like "freedom" and "tax resister" just because it doesn't dovetail with your personal tastes is moronic.  It illuminates your maladjustments and lack of awareness of your personal impact on the social order.  You equal one, no more no less.  Get that through your thick fucking skull before you blunder through another sociopathic decade. 

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »

Who will supply the transistors you need to eat?

Focusing my diet on foods that can be economically grown by agorists in New Hampshire might be intended to be able to buy my food from...

• (A)  North Korean prostitutes

• (B)  the cast of Seinfeld

• (C)  agorists in New Hampshire

• (D)  magical flying elephants

Anyone?  Anyone? 

Supply-demand has everything to do with it.

I demand freedom from government.  Where's the supply?

You keep insisting there is no valid reason for anyone to eat meat, period.

I didn't say that.  I agree that meat, cheese, eggs, coffee, beer, etc are all quite tasty.  But, as Mr Spock would say, they're....  illogical!  Especially for a movement trying to grow a reliable and nutritious food supply on limited amounts of land without it being BrianTravised away by the thugs.  It logically follows that such a movement would have to move away from the government-encouraged SAD (Standard American Diet) what's focused on animal products, and it's easier to quit all of them cold turkey rather than allow those things at an occasional opportunity.  It's like with smoking: most people either crave to smoke every day or they quit completely, usually there is no in-between.

So, yes, Alex Libman only eats vegetables, grains, legumes, and mushrooms that are nutritionally and agriculturally efficient in NH's climate.  I ain't keeping it a secret, and I ain't forcing it on anybody else - obviously.  I have every reason to believe that what I'm doing is beneficial for a whole list of aforementioned reasons, and you've failed to make a single point to the contrary. 

Deal with it.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2010, 07:34:28 PM »

But transistors must be manufactured.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »

But transistors must be manufactured.

I wonder if Hitler had a Jewish playmate like you early in his childhood...

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »

Other forms of Agorism or Counter-Economics (collected from various sources):

Smuggling (humans, cigs, drugs)

Prostitution

Gold/Food Hoarding

Providing Sanctuary

Underground Railroads

Using Midwives

Unregistered Weapons/Cars/etc.

Avoidance of Regulations
   Unregulated Food Delivery
   Exotic Reptile Breeding (animal breeding)
   Exotic Mushroom Cultivation
   Speakeasies
   Private Insurance Agencies
   Ammo Creation
   Farming
   Brewing Soda
   Brewing Beer
   Gun Modifications

Buying or Producing Unapproved Food

Child Labor

Bartering

Illegal Immigration

Illegal Use of Substances (weed, etc)

Illegal Sex Acts

Competing Currency

Free Cab Services

Document Provider

File-sharing
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Tax Resister Diet

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.