Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 436816 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #1035 on: August 14, 2010, 06:57:20 PM »

lol WOW.  Why were you even "friends" with that woman in the first place?  So much facebook drama I do not partake in.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #1036 on: August 14, 2010, 06:59:42 PM »

Geez, I think I hate that chick and I dont even know her. She sounds like a giant DICK. Oh wait, exuse my lack of elegance in my wording, where are my manners? She sounds like a "penis erectus"
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 14, 2010, 07:14:39 PM »

lol WOW.  Why were you even "friends" with that woman in the first place?  So much facebook drama I do not partake in.

I wasn't-- she went after me based on a conversation I was having with someone who is my friend. 

For the most part, my Facebook experience is drama free....my friends are all colleagues or people who have similar views about religion/science/politics, so that's the first time something like that came up.   Even though the exchange was bizarre enough to find funny, it still isn't fun to have things like that said by someone you used to know.  For the record: 1) No, I did not cheat on her son, and 2) Yes, he was (probably still is) an asshole. 

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 14, 2010, 07:40:10 PM »

Question: Who agrees with this: (It's from the mandatory alcohol-education course my university is forcing everyone to take)

How to Help a Friend Who Has Been Sexually Assaulted

You chose: Ask Denise for details. You need to know the whole story before you can decide whether to help her.

The last thing your friend needs right now is to feel pressured into describing the details of the rape. It takes a lot of guts for a person to talk about a sexual assault, and you really ought to let your friend choose how she wants to talk about the incident.

More importantly, you should never question whether your friend is making this up. The truth is that people rarely make up stories about being sexually assaulted, and what Denise needs right now is for you to believe and support her.

You might also consider this option:

Believe your friend right away and assure her that she's not to blame.

I'm sorry but I don't think immediately believing everything they say is a smart thing to do. How many guys have been wrongly accused of rape? This just seems like a slippery slope to me.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make the airplane"

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 14, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »

I'm sorry but I don't think immediately believing everything they say is a smart thing to do. How many guys have been wrongly accused of rape? This just seems like a slippery slope to me.

Get back to them with a printout about the Duke lacrosse case.

alaric89

« Reply #1040 on: August 14, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »

In all fairness, the question states she was sexually assaulted. It doesn't say she just just claims it.
Evidently the hypothetical person being queried was standing there watching while the assault was happening.

You stand there like a potted plant while a Friend is sexually assaulted what do you do?

A: Rub one out.
B: drink a beer in a unmarked container.
C: Call the police.
D: All the above in sequential order A B C

A friend has just been raped, while you stood there not helping because that would have been dangerous to you. What do you say to him/ her?

A: Wow that was intense! High five!
B: Ask: Hey, what the fuck does reacting to sexual assault have to do with alcohol?
C: Give victim a drink of your unmarked drink, ask to borrow a towel.
D: offer sloppy secants

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 14, 2010, 08:13:58 PM »

In all fairness, the question states she was sexually assaulted. It doesn't say she just just claims it.
Evidently the hypothetical person being queried was standing there watching while the assault was happening.

You stand there like a potted plant while a Friend is sexually assaulted what do you do?

A: Rub one out.
B: drink a beer in a unmarked container.
C: Call the police.
D: All the above in sequential order A B C

A friend has just been raped, while you stood there not helping because that would have been dangerous to you. What do you say to him/ her?

A: Wow that was intense! High five!
B: Ask: Hey, what the fuck does reacting to sexual assault have to do with alcohol?
C: Give victim a drink of your unmarked drink, ask to borrow a towel.
D: offer sloppy secants

Sorry, I should have included more details on the course:

The scenario is that your friend calls you and says she is upset about something and when you arrive at her house, she tells you this story about the night before that she went home with a guy and doesn't remember all the details. You weren't there to witness what happened. All you have to go on is your friend's word.

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 14, 2010, 08:14:17 PM »

Get back to them with a printout about the Duke lacrosse case.

Great point!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1043 on: August 14, 2010, 10:59:51 PM »

I had one of my college friends (gal) accuse another college friend of mine (guy) of rape. It was one of those both-were-really-drunk situations. Didnt really sound like rape. Awkward! Never really took sides but had to talk to a fucking detective.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 14, 2010, 11:26:29 PM »

I had one of my college friends (gal) accuse another college friend of mine (guy) of rape. It was one of those both-were-really-drunk situations. Didnt really sound like rape. Awkward! Never really took sides but had to talk to a fucking detective.

If we as a society claim that all drunk sex is nonconsentual because drunk people are incapable of consent, we would have to begin putting tons of sorority girls in jail for rape.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #1045 on: August 15, 2010, 03:21:32 AM »

Quote from: Angry Mom
Dear Ms. Rillion,
Thank you for your "erudite" discourse on semantics and your equally brilliant observation of the wallowing habits of pigs, which, I must defer, to your personal knowledge of kindred habits.
I, too, had wonderful parents. My father was a scholar and a Judge. From my earliest youth, he taught me the beauties and intracacies of our language. He and I had many wonderful discussions covering a plethora of interesting subjects. With the many wonderfully descriptive and elegant words, in abundance, at our disposal, we never found that we were so insufficiently grammatically starved that we had to resort to filth to get our point across.
Apparently, it is different in your family.
In addition, MISS Rillion, my parents also taught me the honor and integrity of monogamy in one's relationships; a lesson, perhaps, you missed that day because you were out in the sty, consorting with your cohorts.

I would expect someone taught "the beauties and intracacies [sic]" of a language from "earliest youth" to make fewer errors while communicating with it. Angry Mom seems fond of redundancy, particularly with commas.
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #1046 on: August 15, 2010, 03:41:21 PM »

Ok, heres a question.

If a person is born deaf, what language do they think in?
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 15, 2010, 04:04:26 PM »

Ok, heres a question.

If a person is born deaf, what language do they think in?

American Sign Language (which I think I've heard is essentially international), most likely.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1048 on: August 15, 2010, 04:37:55 PM »

Whatever language they read in. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 15, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »

If nobody likes you and everybody hates you, why is the recommended course of action to go eat worms?  Do people like worm-eaters more, or is it an agenda to make oneself so miserable that people can't help but pretend to like you out of a sense of pity?  Or perhaps suicide by worm poisoning?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 42 queries.