Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Question Thread  (Read 436404 times)

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
Re: The Question Thread
« Reply #990 on: August 04, 2010, 10:54:49 PM »

Why do people think that by dressing all nice things will get better, as if people dressing sloppy is the cause of all our problems, (ie. we will somehow go back to the good old days, whatever the fuck those are.)? I bring this up as I heard a podcast where some lady who moved to NH called in to FTL about how people dress all sloppy, I don't know, maybe she wants them to dress in a suit and have a top hat, I know she is a free stater but she sounded like a bloody statist, fuck, she'd have a fucking shit hemmorage if she saw me dressed up as a sex kitten lolita.

Clearly, you must post pics yourself dressed up as a sex kitten lolita.

Not for us, but for the old ladies.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Bill Brasky

« Reply #991 on: August 04, 2010, 11:18:33 PM »

fly tape.

---

People who dress nice generally have other facets of their personality under control.  Its part of a larger process.  They keep their property nice, they pay their bills, they have a nice job, and they don't do that exploding jar-in-the-ass thing that occasionally surfaces here -- probably in the next two posts...

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #992 on: August 05, 2010, 05:03:52 AM »

Why do people think that by dressing all nice things will get better, as if people dressing sloppy is the cause of all our problems, (ie. we will somehow go back to the good old days, whatever the fuck those are.)? I bring this up as I heard a podcast where some lady who moved to NH called in to FTL about how people dress all sloppy, I don't know, maybe she wants them to dress in a suit and have a top hat, I know she is a free stater but she sounded like a bloody statist, fuck, she'd have a fucking shit hemmorage if she saw me dressed up as a sex kitten lolita.

Clearly, you must post pics yourself dressed up as a sex kitten lolita.

Not for us, but for the old ladies.

Pics or it didnt happen.... :D
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 05, 2010, 05:33:49 PM »

fly tape.

How many people here actually know what this is and have seen them in use?

I remember them hanging in the country stores and my grandparents' place when I was a kid.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 05, 2010, 05:39:31 PM »

the best is old fly tape, while fossilized flies on it

you could also set your a/c to about 40°F

ForumTroll

« Reply #995 on: August 05, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »

Shit is sticky.

How do I know?

This is why being tall sucks. Fly paper in hair. Yeah.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 05, 2010, 07:27:31 PM »

So since Prop 8 got struck down in CA a close friend who lives there wants me to become her wife. She's offering to drive to Michigan to pick me up and meet my parents, then we can drive to CA together.

The question is, how long will Prop 8 stay struck down until the CA government passes a constitutional amendment banning it again (which Prop 8 wasn't)?

Trillian

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 05, 2010, 08:35:28 PM »

fly tape.

How many people here actually know what this is and have seen them in use?

I remember them hanging in the country stores and my grandparents' place when I was a kid.

I saw someone hang up gallon size zip locks of water above a door and say it was for flies. They explained how it was supposed to work, and why but I can't remember.  I never really saw that it did anything though.

For some reason fly tape creeps me out, I think I'm going to spray the house really well and after the fumes leave, never open my door again.

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 05, 2010, 08:52:06 PM »

you should invest in some toads...battle toads

or you could move to frogtown

either way you couldnt go wrong

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 05, 2010, 08:59:47 PM »

So since Prop 8 got struck down in CA a close friend who lives there wants me to become her wife. She's offering to drive to Michigan to pick me up and meet my parents, then we can drive to CA together.

The question is, how long will Prop 8 stay struck down until the CA government passes a constitutional amendment banning it again (which Prop 8 wasn't)?

Its being appealed, so I don't see any sudden changes to the status quo.

You're ok with a trip to CA?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 05, 2010, 11:47:54 PM »

Its being appealed, so I don't see any sudden changes to the status quo.

You're ok with a trip to CA?

I'm more than okay with it, especially with someone I'd actually want to be with.

Also

you should invest in some toads...battle toads

Is this Battletoads?

yamnuska

« Reply #1001 on: August 06, 2010, 04:31:40 AM »

fly tape.

---

People who dress nice generally have other facets of their personality under control.  Its part of a larger process.  They keep their property nice, they pay their bills, they have a nice job, and they don't do that exploding jar-in-the-ass thing that occasionally surfaces here -- probably in the next two posts...

Perhaps in your experience, in mine they have usually been the opposite not to mention total stuck-up assholes and douchebags. I think the whole, "They are dressed nice so all their shit must be together and smell like roses," thought process is an urban myth. People like soldiers, cops, IRS employees, they all dress nice, have a nice job, but does that mean they have it all together, hell no. I'd go so far as to say I worry about people dressed nice as having an underhanded agenda more often than the slobs I see. Yea, slobs are disgusting and they need to scrub up, but I don't judge people by what they wear (well, most of the time), as I'm usually wrong. It's the whole 1950's, daddy wearing a suit, mommy wearing a dress and little tommy wearing dress shoes to school bullshit, the most fucked up people I have ever met have been dressed very nice, it's a fallacy, a total fucking lie.

alaric89

« Reply #1002 on: August 06, 2010, 07:57:28 AM »

For some reason fly tape creeps me out,

Me too. When I was a little kid, I saw the "joggertape" Saturday Night Live skit, always felt weird around the tape since.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #1003 on: August 06, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »

I think its creepy. My uncles cabin always had a ton of flytape. I had to put some of it up at work the other day, and a roll fell into a tub of melted cheese  :? yuk yuk yuk
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

davann

« Reply #1004 on: August 06, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »

I'd go so far as to say I worry about people dressed nice as having an underhanded agenda more often than the slobs I see.

I dress nice and I do have an underhanded agenda.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 101   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  The Question Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 32 queries.