Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Taxes
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 3507 times)

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
Taxes
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:11:12 PM »

Whose rights do I violate by not paying taxes?  If no one's, then why am I being punished?

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Taxes
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »

Its the Law!

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 05:03:39 PM »

Its the Law!

Isn't the law some people claiming the right to tell me what I can or cannot do with my property?  So are you saying the people doing business as the government have a right to boss me around and am therefore violating their rights by not paying?

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:06:41 PM »

No, I'm not saying that....Most laws suck and are to be .....considered...

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:13:45 PM »

Why consider it if I am not violating anyone's rights?  How is the law applicable to me if no one has a right to make laws that are applicable to me?

davann

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 05:26:45 PM »

Why consider it if I am not violating anyone's rights?  How is the law applicable to me if no one has a right to make laws that are applicable to me?

Why? Because they will take most of your freedoms away and throw you in a rape cage. That is the fact of it when you don't do what the IRS tells you to do. More power to you if you are willing to make that sacrifice.

IMO, it is better just to use their own rules against them and get as much as your can back. When the numbers still are not a wash, commit welfare fraud until they are. If a crack whore in the ghetto can figure out how to do you should be able to do and get away with it.

Or, take yard tools out of your neighbors garage that works for government. He doesn’t own them. They are yours if you got stolen from. You would just be reclaiming stolen property. Do things like that until you get all your money back.

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 05:39:34 PM »

Why consider it if I am not violating anyone's rights?  How is the law applicable to me if no one has a right to make laws that are applicable to me?

Why? Because they will take most of your freedoms away and throw you in a rape cage. That is the fact of it when you don't do what the IRS tells you to do. More power to you if you are willing to make that sacrifice.

This thread is about the legitimacy of taxes.  I don't think anyone is denying the government is violence.  I am trying to find out if there is any legitimacy to the violence.

davann

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »

Why consider it if I am not violating anyone's rights?  How is the law applicable to me if no one has a right to make laws that are applicable to me?

This thread is about the legitimacy of taxes.  I don't think anyone is denying the government is violence.  I am trying to find out if there is any legitimacy to the violence.

Oh, in that case, no. But you are asking the choir. Of course most people here are going to say no. You might want to try and ask in different place. You might get an answer from the other side of things.

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »

Oh, in that case, no. But you are asking the choir. Of course most people here are going to say no. You might want to try and ask in different place. You might get an answer from the other side of things.

I was hoping maybe there were some detractors here...

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 06:20:19 PM »

I was hoping maybe there were some detractors here...

I think taxes are yummy. In fact, I think they should be higher.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »

I never shop during tax holidays.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Taxes

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.