Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Responses to the latest Israel-bashing thread
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Responses to the latest Israel-bashing thread  (Read 1825 times)

avshae

Responses to the latest Israel-bashing thread
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:11:43 AM »

I will delete strawman Zionist apologist responses to [my new Israel bashing] thread.   They are intellectually dishonest and the whole point of a hijack free zone is so that discussions can continue with out trolling. 

Enjoy your new hatred and racism outlet, we won't get in the way (cuz you delete us).

BTW just to set the record straight, an opinion that differs from yours is not necessarily "intellectually dishonest" nor "trolling". However deleting an opinion which differs from yours is, by definition, intellectually dishonest.

I know that in places such as Iran and Gaza, opinions opposing to that of the ruling power are quieted, but this here is a liberty-oriented forum. You can't do Fascist Islamic censorship here.

So for those of you who didn't have a chance to read before they were deleted, here are the responses and rebuttals to LieLover's tyrannically-edited thread. You can add more here (don't to it on LL's thread she will delete it).

avshae

Re: Responses to the latest Israel-bashing thread
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 01:29:19 AM »

Israeli ambassador to the US Michael Oren said that his government refuses international investigation into the attack on the Freedom Flotilla in international waters.   Does anyone really think that Israel is going to actually investigate anything or are they going to whitewash and release torrents of propaganda?  Actually testimony and smuggled out footage.  Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlkj7gUl0wc&feature=related Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuODT3cPSGU&feature=related

Just wasted 20 minutes of my life viewing those videos. Nothing new, except more hearsay ("we were below deck and heard shots, no doubt the IDF was shooting to kill without provocation ..."). Yes Your Honor, conclusive proof. What the video does show is that all the injured and casualties from the passengers were young or middle-aged men, shown in other footage as actively participating in the violence, and linked by intelligence to various Islamic die-hard martyr clubs such as IHH. Passengers who did not participate in the violence were not harmed.

IDF attempted to jam signals and they confiscated video equipment and footage.  If Israel had wanted to investigate the contents of the ship and had nothing to hide.  They could have done so in the daylight with all cameras free to document all the events.

It was Turkish-backed IHH and other movements who initiated this obvious propaganda maneuver, which was pure provocation and had nothing whatsoever to do with charity. In that case what makes you think the IDF was obligated to play the media game in a way that would be convenient to the other side?

Excuse me for not viewing the rest of the your "testimonies", I think 20 minutes of my time is more than enough.

avshae

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 01:56:51 AM »

Don't use AOL
Saving up to get away from windows my next computer will be an Apple
Don't have a Motorola
Don't use Shopping.com
AMD not Intel

I'm still boycotting PHP because of Israel.   :x

Ah, the ol' boycott. First attempted by Arab countries against Israel in the 60s, which only made Israel stronger and more independent. Did you know that up until the 80s there was no Pepsi in Israel, only Coca-cola? Because to import to Arab countries, Pepsi had to obey the Arab league boycott of Israel back then. So Pepsi got to sell to Saudi and Libya, while Coca-cola was "Stuck" with tiny Israel.

Well as it turns out Coca-cola made more profit selling to a few million Israelis than Pepsi made in the entire Muslim world. :-). So now there is Coca-cola and Pepsi in Israel, with Coca-cola leading the market since it is a more traditional brand in Israel.

As for the Intel/Microsoft/AOL/PHP/Checkpoint boycotting, Admiral Naismith wrote an excellent thread which explains just why this is silly. The thread was deleted by lielover, I'll try get it reposted here.

But you guys forgot Google, Cisco, Marvell, and Broadcomm (large R&D facilities in Israel). Most file-zipping technologies and many network encryption/security protocols. Do you know how many silicon chips are developed in Israel? I believe second to only the US.

I think your best course of action if you want to truly boycott Israel, is to not buy a computer and stay off the Internet all-together. Any network communication you initiate is probably handled by Israeli technology and routed by Israeli-developed hardware. Matter of fact they're thinking of adding a new chapter about this in the new edition of "The Elders of Zion" :-).

TheHx

• Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
    • Antigov.info
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 04:24:46 AM »

Izrael is nothing without the backing of the United States.

:D :D :D

Do you use the megaphone?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaphone_desktop_tool
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:27:18 AM by TheHx »
I work with you to design at a low cost on a plan you can handle
http://www.coroflot.com/public/individual_work.asp?individual_id=343623&

Alex Libman

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »

First attempted by Arab countries against Israel in the 60s, which only made Israel stronger and more independent.

No, what made Israel stronger is religious fanaticism and government theft funneling money from abroad.

[...]  Well as it turns out Coca-cola made more profit selling to a few million Israelis than Pepsi made in the entire Muslim world.  [...]

I think you are citing a very old statistic completely out of context.  Israel's economy is now dwarfed by UAE alone!

[...]  But you guys forgot Google, Cisco, Marvell, and Broadcomm (large R&D facilities in Israel).  [...]

I'm not boycotting any company that ever touched Israel, just the major companies in my line of work that are based there.  The presence of so many high-tech companies in Israel is a result of government steering, nepotism, and political bias more than it is merit.

Matter of fact they're thinking of adding a new chapter about this in the new edition of "The Elders of Zion" :-).

They should, and they should release it properly identified as political satire.  As such, it could regain its rightful place as one of the most portent and accurate pieces of literature ever published.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 05:43:11 PM »

No, what made Israel stronger is religious fanaticism and government theft funneling money from abroad.

Troll, you're going to continue that myth, aren't you. Most Israelis are secular.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Alex Libman

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 06:32:14 PM »

Israel itself is a religion to millions of people who donate, steer, and steal money for its cause.  You can fool others, but you can't fool me.  I've seen things with my own eyes, and within my own family.

blackie

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 06:45:02 PM »

There is nothing wrong with bashing Israel, same as any other government. There is plenty of room for improvement.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 10:10:49 PM »

There is nothing wrong with bashing Israel, same as any other government. There is plenty of room for improvement.

lol.  They cant be that intelligent they landed on the only place in the middle east that has no oil.....
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Alex Libman

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 10:54:46 PM »

That's bullshit, there's oil everywhere.  Where digging takes place is determined by extraction economics and politics.  Extracting oil is bad for a country's economic development (i.e. the "Dutch disease"), so you do it where you have friendly third world monarchies.  Israel occupies the most strategically important piece of land in the world, at the crossroads of three continents, which is why all those "holy land" fairy-tales were invented in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:58:04 PM by Alex Libman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Responses to the latest Israel-bashing thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.