Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  flu
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: flu  (Read 33492 times)

todd

• View Profile
Re: flu
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2009, 10:54:52 PM »

You contradict yourself when you say the mind can create, and then say that mind cannot create disease.  

um, no.  the mind can create feelings, not diseases.  there is a difference.

you are using the logical fallacy of the argument from ignorance (since i can't figure out how x happens, it must be false).

let's take a hypothetical:  a newborn baby is born and the mother dies in childbirth- no maternal influence.  the baby then gets a fever; a spinal tap is performed; pus comes out.  a bacteria starts to grow.  the child gets sicker.  antibiotics are started.  the child still is sick.  cultures show that the doctors need to use a different antibiotic.  the medication is changed and the baby gets better.  a repeat spinal tap (generally not done) shows clear, sterile fluid.  infection=disease.

pain is real too.  when someone gets a cut, it hurts.  the doctor puts lidocaine into the wound to anesthetize it and the stitches don't hurt.  yes, the mind can help alleviate pain, but so can medications.

do you wash your hands?  if so, why?  that would be contrary to your whole world view. do you brush your teeth?  the bacteria in your mouth cause the cavities, but you don't believe in that.  do you bathe?  bacteria on your skin contribute to body odor, but they don't exist, right?

would you get surgery with non-sterile instruments and no anesthesia?  of course, you would never consent to surgery since they can't prove to you that your excrutiating belly pain is from your infected appendix rupturing.

please stop writing everything in bold text.

Kvitka

« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »

Kvitka, would you let a surgeon do surgery on you without sterilizing the instruments?

I already replied to you, I will only address people who are genuine and sincere in understanding what I am saying.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2009, 11:07:49 PM »

Kvitka, would you let a surgeon do surgery on you without sterilizing the instruments?

I already replied to you, I will only address people who are genuine and sincere in understanding what I am saying.

You are talking about the Law of attraction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction .Its easy to understand but hard to practice.
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »

The reason I think you are a crock of shit is that everyone dies.Argument over.

Kvitka

« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2009, 11:13:48 PM »

The reason I think you are a crock of shit is that everyone dies.Argument over.

What you think admits a doubt, because when you truly know something, thinking stops.  As long as you need to think, you're still in the process of understanding.

This is where you are wrong.  You are dead to this Truth in your ignorance, otherwise you wouldn't be so quick to state: "Argument over", but would investigate further.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:18:27 PM by Kvitka »

Kvitka

« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2009, 11:33:40 PM »

You contradict yourself when you say the mind can create, and then say that mind cannot create disease.  

um, no.  the mind can create feelings, not diseases.  there is a difference.

you are using the logical fallacy of the argument from ignorance (since i can't figure out how x happens, it must be false).

let's take a hypothetical:  a newborn baby is born and the mother dies in childbirth- no maternal influence.  the baby then gets a fever; a spinal tap is performed; pus comes out.  a bacteria starts to grow.  the child gets sicker.  antibiotics are started.  the child still is sick.  cultures show that the doctors need to use a different antibiotic.  the medication is changed and the baby gets better.  a repeat spinal tap (generally not done) shows clear, sterile fluid.  infection=disease.

pain is real too.  when someone gets a cut, it hurts.  the doctor puts lidocaine into the wound to anesthetize it and the stitches don't hurt.  yes, the mind can help alleviate pain, but so can medications.

do you wash your hands?  if so, why?  that would be contrary to your whole world view. do you brush your teeth?  the bacteria in your mouth cause the cavities, but you don't believe in that.  do you bathe?  bacteria on your skin contribute to body odor, but they don't exist, right?

would you get surgery with non-sterile instruments and no anesthesia?  of course, you would never consent to surgery since they can't prove to you that your excruciating belly pain is from your infected appendix rupturing.

please stop writing everything in bold text.

I will not agree with you saying what I believe and what I don't believe in order to fit your point.  In regards to your hypothetical where you say the child gets a fever, and this starts a whole chain of events... let me ask you, what was the cause of the fever?

You speak of effects, I speak of causes.  The causes are what is never seen in disease.  Cavities are easily cured by fillings.  Bacteria serves a purpose to decompose matter, as it must return to dust for new matter to be formed.  Your body has the force of decomposition acting on it consistently, it is a constant chemical change going on, however that does not cause disease.  There are events where there is no dispute about what caused the pain, the burn, the broken bone, etc.  Then there are "diseases" where the cause is never seen because it is spiritual, in the mind.

If you understand how thoughts form into beliefs and affect the mind which in turn affects the neurotransmitters or fluids of the body which in turn affect the physical matter of your body, than you would understand and take responsibility for every word and every thought you will to accept and share with the world.  If you can invent things through your mind and shadow them forth into the natural world outside the body, whats stopping you from affecting your body with an invention of the medical faculty called "disease"? Where is the limit on how much the mind can do?

I wash my hands and bathe to clean myself for purpose of being clean, not to prevent any so called "disease".  If you clean the outside of your body to prevent disease, why do you not clean your mind of the dirt that affects your happiness?

Take a look at this article in regards to how it may appear that medicine of itself helps when in fact it is the patients belief:

http://endofdiseases.com/file/is_there_any_curative_quality_in_medicine.html

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:59:01 PM by Kvitka »

Kvitka

« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2009, 12:06:09 AM »

You are talking about the Law of attraction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction .Its easy to understand but hard to practice.

No, that is not what I am talking about.  I am speaking of mind being matter which is directed by our beliefs (opinions) or wisdom (Science, Truth), and the effect on the body shows which is in control.  Disease is a bad effect, it cannot be wisdom, but must be an error.  To correct an error one must apply a science.  The science is what I speak of, not the law of attraction, but the separation between Truth and Error for happiness of man.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:10:29 AM by Kvitka »

blackie

« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2009, 12:09:08 AM »

I think you are using the word "science" wrong.

Kvitka

« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2009, 12:11:11 AM »

How would you define the word science in the right way?

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2009, 08:23:49 AM »

How would you define the word science in the right way?

1) Observe phenomenon.
2) Formulate hypothesis as to cause and nature of phenomenon.
3) Conduct controlled experiments to confirm or reject hypothesis. Repeat experiments numerous times by others.
4) Set forth theory for the observed phenomenon based on the experimental results.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 08:25:24 AM by mikehz »
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2009, 08:34:42 AM »

No, that is not what I am talking about.  I am speaking of mind being matter which is directed by our beliefs (opinions) or wisdom (Science, Truth), and the effect on the body shows which is in control.  Disease is a bad effect, it cannot be wisdom, but must be an error.  To correct an error one must apply a science.  The science is what I speak of, not the law of attraction, but the separation between Truth and Error for happiness of man.

Death happens .There is no error in this statement.You cannot change the outcome of this no matter how much you love yourself.From the sounds of things you love yourself fairly regulary.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »

But I am pure at heart. Why must my pursuit of knowledge be cut short by you?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

BonerJoe

« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »

"My son, 11 yr, was diagnosed with swine flu on friday. Started him on Tamiflu about 7 pm and everything was fine. About 11:30 that night, he woke up screaming. He didn't know where he was and thought everyone was dead. He kept saying he was sorry and he didn't want to die. He was also talking like a 3 year old - didn't make any sense. We called the dr and she thought it was just hallucinations from the flu but his fever wasn't high so she wanted to look it up in her book. Called back about 2 minutes late and said it was from the Tamiflu. The very last side affect listed was delirium and self injury especially in children. It was basically like a mental breakdown. It lasted for about an hour and we finally calmed him down and he came out of it. Needless to say, my other boys or myself will be taking Tamiflu or the swine flu vaccination."

digitalfour

« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2009, 07:59:15 PM »

I just learned about an hour ago that my cousin in Texas has been diagnosed with swine flu.  :(

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2009, 08:14:22 PM »

"My son, 11 yr, was diagnosed with swine flu on friday. Started him on Tamiflu about 7 pm and everything was fine. About 11:30 that night, he woke up screaming. He didn't know where he was and thought everyone was dead. He kept saying he was sorry and he didn't want to die. He was also talking like a 3 year old - didn't make any sense. We called the dr and she thought it was just hallucinations from the flu but his fever wasn't high so she wanted to look it up in her book. Called back about 2 minutes late and said it was from the Tamiflu. The very last side affect listed was delirium and self injury especially in children. It was basically like a mental breakdown. It lasted for about an hour and we finally calmed him down and he came out of it. Needless to say, my other boys or myself will be taking Tamiflu or the swine flu vaccination."

BJ, who is this quoting? The last sentence was missing at least one word and was somewhat confusing.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  flu

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.