Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1323597 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3855 on: January 07, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »

Wrong thread...

... unless you're spreading your love around New Hampshire.

It still has to be in a dramatic way.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BonerJoe

« Reply #3856 on: January 07, 2011, 11:52:46 PM »

Humans are not designed to be sexually monogamous!

Projection.

Of course.

Amazing Richard

« Reply #3857 on: January 08, 2011, 03:13:56 AM »

Monogamy is for slaves.............and control freaks.........and control freaks are slaves to their desire to control.

You are a slave!

You just need to disengage yerself from The Matrix.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: January 08, 2011, 03:37:22 AM »

I'm a relationship anarchist, the traditional concept of marriage is so stupid. Humans are not designed to be sexually monogamous!

"I will love you in my whole life"
"Til death to us apart""

How can someone make that promise? This doesn't make any sense in my world, I always strive to keep my word and I would never make a promise like that, because I know there's a high probability I wouldn't be able to keep it. 

I reject societies message of monogamy as having the moral ground.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your personality is going to be making this a nonissue for you. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3859 on: January 08, 2011, 08:13:51 AM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that your personality is going to be making this a nonissue for you. 

carolynjane4

• View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: January 12, 2011, 12:29:27 PM »

So...  This past weekend, I came to visit Keene for the 2nd time.  (The first was in July 2010, after meeting some people at PorcFest.)  One of my friends from the July visit (with whom I had exchanged some dialogue since then) seemed completely uninterested in talking to me while I was there, and removed me as a Facebook friend sometime during or after my visit to Keene.  (I generally try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I sent him a message asking if he de-friended me, and his response was, "Uh, yeah.")  So...  WTF?

If you are a straight male, over 25, and not involved in performing arts (theater, musical theater, a band, etc.)...  Nobody wants your drama!  (Well, I guess nobody wants anyone's drama, but it tends to be less expected from people who match this description.)

I guess my question is, if I don't intend for this to be my last visit to Keene (which I don't), should I try to probe for why this guy seems to be pissed at me?  I have a few guesses, all of which would be based on misconceptions.  Or should I just let it go, and write him off as not worth my time?  I am really big on accountability and getting to the bottom of things, so I guess it bothers me a little more than it should.  I guess what annoys me the most is that he seemed to value me as a friend at some point, but then wrote me off without even confronting me about whatever it is that now bothers him about me.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: January 12, 2011, 12:32:27 PM »

Sounds like a topic for Porc Therapy

carolynjane4

• View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: January 12, 2011, 12:35:45 PM »

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: January 12, 2011, 12:39:14 PM »

So...  This past weekend, I came to visit Keene for the 2nd time.  (The first was in July 2010, after meeting some people at PorcFest.)  One of my friends from the July visit (with whom I had exchanged some dialogue since then) seemed completely uninterested in talking to me while I was there, and removed me as a Facebook friend sometime during or after my visit to Keene.  (I generally try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I sent him a message asking if he de-friended me, and his response was, "Uh, yeah.")  So...  WTF?

If you are a straight male, over 25, and not involved in performing arts (theater, musical theater, a band, etc.)...  Nobody wants your drama!  (Well, I guess nobody wants anyone's drama, but it tends to be less expected from people who match this description.)

I guess my question is, if I don't intend for this to be my last visit to Keene (which I don't), should I try to probe for why this guy seems to be pissed at me?  I have a few guesses, all of which would be based on misconceptions.  Or should I just let it go, and write him off as not worth my time?  I am really big on accountability and getting to the bottom of things, so I guess it bothers me a little more than it should.  I guess what annoys me the most is that he seemed to value me as a friend at some point, but then wrote me off without even confronting me about whatever it is that now bothers him about me.

Speaking as a straight male (there is a gradient) over 25, this doesn't seem like thread quality drama to me.  People unfriend people on FB all of the time for a variety of reasons.  You already asked him about it.  I guess I'm missing the drama but I'll go add you on FB right now :)

Perhaps it was temporary jealously?  People are complicated and stuff.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:41:19 PM by HR Puff and Stuph »
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: January 12, 2011, 03:02:07 PM »

So...  This past weekend, I came to visit Keene for the 2nd time.  (The first was in July 2010, after meeting some people at PorcFest.)  One of my friends from the July visit (with whom I had exchanged some dialogue since then) seemed completely uninterested in talking to me while I was there, and removed me as a Facebook friend sometime during or after my visit to Keene.  (I generally try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I sent him a message asking if he de-friended me, and his response was, "Uh, yeah.")  So...  WTF?

If you are a straight male, over 25, and not involved in performing arts (theater, musical theater, a band, etc.)...  Nobody wants your drama!  (Well, I guess nobody wants anyone's drama, but it tends to be less expected from people who match this description.)

I guess my question is, if I don't intend for this to be my last visit to Keene (which I don't), should I try to probe for why this guy seems to be pissed at me?  I have a few guesses, all of which would be based on misconceptions.  Or should I just let it go, and write him off as not worth my time?  I am really big on accountability and getting to the bottom of things, so I guess it bothers me a little more than it should.  I guess what annoys me the most is that he seemed to value me as a friend at some point, but then wrote me off without even confronting me about whatever it is that now bothers him about me.

I wouldn't bother.  If he's pissed then its his problem. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3865 on: January 12, 2011, 03:43:36 PM »

I guess my question is, if I don't intend for this to be my last visit to Keene (which I don't), should I try to probe for why this guy seems to be pissed at me?

Many libertarians have the social skills of a World of Warcraft addict with Aspergers Syndrome.  Is it possible he had come to the conclusion that there was serious dating potential?  And then did you not immediately accept a marriage proposal when you met in person or something along those lines?

See, in your mind, you were probably having a nice chat with people in Keene and making friends.  Meanwhile, in his mind, fireworks are going off-- "OMG!  A girl is talking to me!  She likes me!  She really likes me!"  And then maybe he met you in person and the electricity wasn't there he was expecting and you've broken his heart and shattered his dreams.

I have no idea who you're talking about but this would prolly fit about half the guys in Keene.  So yeah, probably a breakdown in communication.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:45:43 PM by Dalebert »

Sovereign Curtis

• View Profile
    • http://porcfest.com
« Reply #3866 on: January 12, 2011, 05:12:09 PM »

I guess my question is, if I don't intend for this to be my last visit to Keene (which I don't), should I try to probe for why this guy seems to be pissed at me?

Many libertarians have the social skills of a World of Warcraft addict with Aspergers Syndrome.  Is it possible he had come to the conclusion that there was serious dating potential?  And then did you not immediately accept a marriage proposal when you met in person or something along those lines?

See, in your mind, you were probably having a nice chat with people in Keene and making friends.  Meanwhile, in his mind, fireworks are going off-- "OMG!  A girl is talking to me!  She likes me!  She really likes me!"  And then maybe he met you in person and the electricity wasn't there he was expecting and you've broken his heart and shattered his dreams.

I have no idea who you're talking about but this would prolly fit about half the guys in Keene.  So yeah, probably a breakdown in communication.

This

davann

« Reply #3867 on: January 12, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »

Many libertarians have the social skills of a World of Warcraft addict with Aspergers Syndrome.

Nice and accurately put. Well done. 

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: January 12, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »

Many libertarians have the social skills of a World of Warcraft addict with Aspergers Syndrome.

Eric Cartman came to mind.

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #3869 on: January 12, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »

Johnson called in last night about somebody spending their legal defense fund on hookers and blow. That sounds like some drama.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 27 queries.