Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1321118 times)

BonerJoe

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3810 on: December 30, 2010, 07:20:36 PM »

It's introverts infighting, though. So it's just a lot of passive aggressive shit being thrown around without getting to the meat of the problem.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: December 30, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »

How do introverts fight?  Are you kidding?

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: December 30, 2010, 07:48:54 PM »

His whole existence is a Greek tragedy.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: December 30, 2010, 07:52:55 PM »

His whole existence is a Greek tragedy.

his pic is creepy

BonerJoe

« Reply #3814 on: December 30, 2010, 07:55:26 PM »

?

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: December 30, 2010, 07:57:23 PM »

yea, it is.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3816 on: December 30, 2010, 08:20:23 PM »

All explanations so far seem plausible but I'm wondering if there's maybe too much infighting.. the sort of stuff documented in this thread. That drama as a constant would drive me off.

This isn't complicated at all and all this over-analyzing isn't called for.  The announcement was barely made before the cancellation and there are hardly any speakers announced and practically zero promotion.  The organizers have already said what the problem was.  Not enough was done soon enough.  Whoever was running it dropped the ball.  Liberty Forum is suffering from not-enough-Christopher-Lawless-itis.  That's the technical term for it.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: December 30, 2010, 09:24:46 PM »

All explanations so far seem plausible but I'm wondering if there's maybe too much infighting.. the sort of stuff documented in this thread. That drama as a constant would drive me off.

This isn't complicated at all and all this over-analyzing isn't called for.  The announcement was barely made before the cancellation and there are hardly any speakers announced and practically zero promotion.  The organizers have already said what the problem was.  Not enough was done soon enough.  Whoever was running it dropped the ball.  Liberty Forum is suffering from not-enough-Christopher-Lawless-itis.  That's the technical term for it.

Good to know.

Though I was referring to people moving outta NH, not the canceled event :)
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: December 30, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »

What is it that you don't understand about people moving out of NH?  Some folks left for college.  Some people left because they ran out of money (no job or low paying job and horrible money management), 1 guy left to farm in the county, a couple folks were run off, some people stopped caring a lot about liberty, some people were just visiting for a few months in the Live Free or Die state as an adventure, one guy is moving to a near-by state for more money but plans to come back, one guy left because he had incredible anger and control problems, a few people moved away to take care of sick/dying family members and so on.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: December 30, 2010, 10:59:41 PM »

What is it that you don't understand about people moving out of NH?  Some folks left for college.  Some people left because they ran out of money (no job or low paying job and horrible money management), 1 guy left to farm in the county, a couple folks were run off, some people stopped caring a lot about liberty, some people were just visiting for a few months in the Live Free or Die state as an adventure, one guy is moving to a near-by state for more money but plans to come back, one guy left because he had incredible anger and control problems, a few people moved away to take care of sick/dying family members and so on.

Calm down man. Inquiring minds and all that..
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #3820 on: December 30, 2010, 11:06:59 PM »

Calm down man. Inquiring minds and all that..

Keith doesn't like people who look at all the facts a lot of the time. Just pay attention to the positive and ignore anything negative.

I... Disagree with Keith about this particular topic. Blinders don't make what you're not seeing go away. Just makes you blind to it.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: December 30, 2010, 11:16:49 PM »

Keith doesn't like people who look at all the facts a lot of the time. Just pay attention to the positive and ignore anything negative.

I... Disagree with Keith about this particular topic. Blinders don't make what you're not seeing go away. Just makes you blind to it.

What are your random words about and how to they relate to what everyone else is talking about here?  Are you just trying to create drama to make this thread even more entertaining  :D
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3822 on: December 30, 2010, 11:57:40 PM »

Keith's answer seemed pretty accurate to me.  I do, however, feel that Ian oversells Keene.  I've sensed unreasonable expectations in potential new movers inquiring about things on the Free Keene forums.  Some of them seem to have this image of a vast network of people and resources that just isn't here (yet).  Maybe Ian is too good a salesman.  Of course, not all the movers are Keeniacs.

I know one guy is moving because he's been here a year already and we haven't overturned the local government and fixed all the tyranny yet.  Claims it's because we're not organized enough which translates to "You're not doing things MY way!"   :roll:

I knew I was where I wanted to be because I'm around the right kind of people.  If the FSP completely fizzles, I still know I'm in the right place.  I guess I don't feel as much attachment to other places I've lived as many people do.  I feel at home here more than anywhere I've lived.  I feel more connection to liberty lovers than I feel to blood or old friends who are statists.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #3823 on: December 31, 2010, 12:29:34 AM »

What are your random words about and how to they relate to what everyone else is talking about here?  Are you just trying to create drama to make this thread even more entertaining  :D

I understand that you don't see it, but from the outside, it seems like all you ever do is defend people who do crappy stuff, apparently just because they're "One of ours." or something. You almost always jump in and defend every single person who has bad behavior event.

When people do asinine things, it should be pointed out, not defended no matter the cost.

Calling what I said "Random words" and "Creating drama" is nonsense.

There is no place in your world for a gadfly. That's sorta an issue with you, not me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:45:17 AM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

yamnuska

« Reply #3824 on: December 31, 2010, 02:24:15 AM »

As long as porcfest doesn't get cancelled. As for people moving away, that happens, my guess is that at some point a "figure head," of the liberty movement will move away, people come and go, it's going to happen. I think people need to give this experiment 10 years (2020), then pass judgement. The thing is if 50,000 movers end up in NH just think of the libertarian/free marketeer infighting and dick swinging that will go on, that alone will be worth the price of admission.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 27 queries.