Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1323583 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3375 on: August 06, 2010, 09:03:14 PM »

Stage 1: Do activism.
Stage 2: Bring more activists.
Stage 4: Profit.

I'm curious about Stage 3: something like "do work?"
It's a reference to South Park's "Underpants Gnomes"
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: August 06, 2010, 09:46:31 PM »

Stage 1: Do activism.
Stage 2: Bring more activists.
Stage 4: Profit.

I'm curious about Stage 3: something like "do work?"

It's a reference to South Park's "Underpants Gnomes"

Ah.  Forgot.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3377 on: August 06, 2010, 09:49:48 PM »

We'll see, once all the "troublemakers" are in jail.

How much time do you think they'll do?

Maybe enough for them to finally think "Hey, maybe I am being retarded about some things..."

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: August 06, 2010, 09:51:07 PM »

We'll see, once all the "troublemakers" are in jail.

How much time do you think they'll do?

Maybe enough for them to finally think "Hey, maybe I am being retarded about some things..."

I LOL'd!

ForumTroll

« Reply #3379 on: August 06, 2010, 09:53:09 PM »

But seriously, if they are not Jury trials as Brad is suggesting on the FK forum, then the decision is up to the judge. And the regulars have not been known to be lenient as of late. Are there any habitual offender laws/sentencing guidelines in NH?

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #3380 on: August 06, 2010, 10:07:59 PM »

Giving the court system more money through fees and fines by getting arrested just seems counter productive to me. Destroying their property would make more sense. Im not suggesting anyone do that, but at least it would put a burden on the city instead of money in their pockets.

imagine 5 yrs from now when they have possibly 10 times more CD Keene people......

The city goons are gonna be like "WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!! PAYDIRT!!!"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:16:36 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3381 on: August 07, 2010, 01:36:53 AM »

Giving the court system more money through fees and fines by getting arrested just seems counter productive to me. Destroying their property would make more sense. Im not suggesting anyone do that, but at least it would put a burden on the city instead of money in their pockets.

imagine 5 yrs from now when they have possibly 10 times more CD Keene people......

The city goons are gonna be like "WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!! PAYDIRT!!!"

Yeah, getting everyone these massive fines is rather counter productive. I agree with you, civil disobedience is good, but so is real resistance.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #3382 on: August 07, 2010, 02:22:15 AM »

Ian stated in the thread that it is not his goal to educate statists, it's just to bring more of these kinds of activists to Keene.
Is he trying to increase the KPD budget or something?

Hm. 

My pulse is 84.  My BP must be thru the roof.

blackie

« Reply #3383 on: August 07, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »

But I agree with your concern and that is where I really see all these minor charges causing problems if at all - 5 or 7 years down the road in the context of a federal case.  I'm just talking about worst case scenario.  Maybe it would never happen, in which case, awesome.
I could see it happening sooner than that, if they piss someone off enough.

http://www.shac7.com/case.htm
Protests Across State Lines

The only charges in the indictment that were not conspiracy charges were federal stalking counts. The government's case on these charges was built around the premise that organizing or participating in home demonstrations across state lines becomes stalking.  Never mind the fact that there were clearly police present in the video shown of the protests, and if anyone had done anything illegal, they clearly would have been arrested.

In order to convict the defendants on these charges, the jury had to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that the people whose homes were being protested were not only in fear for their lives or of being physically harmed as a result of the protests, but also that this was a reasonable fear, and that the protestors intended for them to feel this way. With such a high burden of proof required, and the knowledge that this was never the intent of the defendants, these charges appeared impossible to get a conviction on.

Andrew Stepanian was convicted, and was spent 6 months out of 26 in a Communication Management Unit. IIRC, he is the first person to be released from a CMU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication_Management_Unit
Compared to other inmates, those placed in the CMU have little contact with the outside world.

Visitation

The standard for inmates is unlimited contact on their visitation day, once each week or biweekly. The CMU permits two hours, twice per month, and are non-contact, meaning the visitor and inmate are in separate rooms with viewing through a glass window and talking via telephone. All conversations must be in English unless special permission is granted 10 days in advance.

Mail

Prisoners can usually send and receive unlimited mail, where incoming mail is checked for contraband, then delivered to the inmate. With the exception of correspondence with lawyers & the courts, letters sent to and from the CMU are read, copied and evaluated before being released, which results in delays of a week or more.

Telephone

Convicts in the general population are permitted 300 phone minutes per month; rules in the CMU allow one call per week, limited to 15 minutes, and it must be in English unless special permission is granted 10 days in advance. The duration of the single call can be reduced to 3 minutes at the discretion of the warden.

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #3384 on: August 07, 2010, 10:13:05 AM »

Smeg and Ian can hook up now!

That would be perfect.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I'm wondering, what happened to Julia?
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3385 on: August 07, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »

That would be perfect.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I'm wondering, what happened to Julia?

This has been answered several times on the BBS.
Q: Where is Julia?
A: She left town and is doing her Panera work elsewhere.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: August 07, 2010, 10:45:18 AM »

That would be perfect.

This has been answered several times on the BBS.
Q: Where is Julia?
A: She left town and is doing her Panera work elsewhere.

Yes, it's been answered, but I think twice before, unless I missed a few.

;-)

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3387 on: August 07, 2010, 12:01:45 PM »

This thread is so, so full of Drama Win.

As for the Keeniacs, it's like watching the Soviet Union collapse. You knew it had to happen, it was just a matter of time. Same principle as the US economy. But I digress...

These are people who don't give a flip about what other people think. They manage to make enemies out of ordinary small-government types. Then they manage to make enemies out of libertarians. Then they manage to make enemies out of other anarchists. Now they're just pissing off each other.

It's like asking a hippie, "how's that 'everyone live together in a commune with no possessions' thing working out for ya?"

And now this:
http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=3705.0
Quote from: Jay
What kind of freedom is being preserved or regained by this kind of "activism"? How is this helping your image?
[...]
If the goal is to achieve a voluntary society, acts like these aren't paving the way.

I think that, once again, blackie (and ox, in this case) hit the nail on the head. All these "victories" where the judge "is moved to Do The Right Thing" and ignore a parking ticket or some other stupid BS... that crafty judge is just building a case where he can take a few people away, and make examples of them. One of these days it's not going to be a fun weekend in the pokey, or a case where the "activist" can leave anytime he wishes, just by giving his name.

It's going to be multiple years in a real, actual prison with real, actual, kick-your-pansy-ass-and-rape-you badasses. And all the "victory in court" situations will be revealed to in fact be victories... for the prosecution.

But, I'm sure it'll be good press. Right?

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: August 07, 2010, 12:53:31 PM »

Whoever had over, stand up and claim your prize.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #3389 on: August 07, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »

So, this Ethan guy is a bit of a pedophile?  The FSP definitely doesn't need that PR.

Ethan is not involved with the FSP in any way.  He is not a participant, a friend or anything.  He doesn't agree with the statement of intent and is not about the FSP.  He doesn't even morally think he is able to join the FSP.

He is a self-proclaimed anarchist.  I have no idea if he is a pedophile but even if that was true, I highly doubt it would hurt the overall view of anarchists in the minds of the general population.  And anyway, nothing in that thread of now mentions anything at all that is 100% sexual.  Anarchists are only a step above terrorists.  Anyone that actually calls themselves an anarchist, holds signs calling cops thugs and so on likely has many public relations issues.

Not all anarchists are only a step above terrorists.  I'm one of those so called anarchists, and you don't see me running around and wanting to blow things up or acting like these civil disobedience fools doing what they are doing and getting themselves arrested. I guess that's the difference between the leftist anarchists and the anarcho capitalists is that the anarcho capitalists don;t want to destroy things.  We just want to be left alone.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 27 queries.