Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1323978 times)

blackie

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3270 on: July 28, 2010, 09:01:53 AM »

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=21089.msg325847#msg325847

Russell:
We had to kick Ethan out  of our place on Monday. Even after I asked him to change his behavior, he continued to act inappropriately towards children. So we had to send him packing monday night. I said a couple words to him. John asked him specific  questions about actions and his use of the phrase "cuddling" in regards  to a child. Kat let her softball bat do the talking.

Feel free to ask any of us questions. Ethan can also post responses and explanations here. This issue had to go to the entire community because he has not changed yet.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: July 28, 2010, 09:07:43 AM »

So, this Ethan guy is a bit of a pedophile?  The FSP definitely doesn't need that PR.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3272 on: July 28, 2010, 10:47:47 AM »

Oh lawddd.

yamnuska

« Reply #3273 on: July 28, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=21089.msg325847#msg325847

Russell:
We had to kick Ethan out  of our place on Monday. Even after I asked him to change his behavior, he continued to act inappropriately towards children. So we had to send him packing monday night. I said a couple words to him. John asked him specific  questions about actions and his use of the phrase "cuddling" in regards  to a child. Kat let her softball bat do the talking.

Feel free to ask any of us questions. Ethan can also post responses and explanations here. This issue had to go to the entire community because he has not changed yet.

That's a pretty calm and patient group of peole, I would of had my shotgun out if someone was going round and talking to children about cuddling. Perhaps a few shots from a taser to help him adjust his behavior. What a sicko.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: July 28, 2010, 11:11:02 AM »

I really don't know what to think, not having been there, but the first thing that comes into my mind is how disincentivized practically anyone is to show any kind of real affection (and in this context, I'm talking genuine asexual) toward anyone who is not a potential "legitimate" sex partner.

Don't get me wrong, anyone could turn out to be a creep, but I'm wondering how many times my grandfather or a family friend would have been accused of being a pedophile in today's hysterical environment.  Once again, this is not to say that the concerns aren't warranted, but from what I read, I just don't see that there's anything to really go by.

If I were ready to imply someone should be a pariah, I'd be inclined to have a really good talking with the kids, and possibly with someone who actually knows something about creepy behavior.

*For what it's worth, I don't have kids, nor am I in a position to fully understand parenthood, or parent's feelings.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:14:16 AM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

ForumTroll

« Reply #3275 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:33 AM »

but I'm wondering how many times my grandfather or a family friend would have been accused of being a pedophile in today's hysterical environment.  

I don't think people realize how much more affectionate children are to begin with. I used to watch a neighbors kid sometimes, and used to freak out a bit when she would initiate normal 6 year old kind of "loving cuddly touchyness". And hey, what kid can resist a big squishy fat guy? I'd always have to separate myself from the situation a bit, for fear of being walked in on and it looking "weird".

You know what I mean? Like, it would be OK if the parents were around...but not when you're alone with the kid? I dunno, I guess it's been beaten into my and everyone elses brain that you can't touch children at all or something. No wonder people don't want to babysit anymore.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:31:47 AM by BonerJoe »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: July 28, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »

but I'm wondering how many times my grandfather or a family friend would have been accused of being a pedophile in today's hysterical environment.  

I don't think people realize how much more affectionate children are to begin with. I used to watch a neighbors kid sometimes, and used to freak out a bit when she would initiate normal 6 year old kind of "loving cuddly touchyness". And hey, what kid can resist a big squishy fat guy? I'd always have to separate myself from the situation a bit, for fear of being walked in on and it looking "weird".

You know what I mean? Like, it would be OK if the parents were around...but not when you're alone with the kid? I dunno, I guess it's been beaten into my and everyone elses brain that you can't touch children at all or something. No wonder people don't want to babysit anymore.

It's not affection from kids - I think everybody understands nothing is amiss when a kid runs up and gives enthusiastic hugs, hangs on a family friend or sitter, or hops in a lap at table or desk. That's all completely normal, at least to anyone who has kids or is around them on a regular basis.

It's when an adult goes around asking for that type of attention that it raises red flags. Especially if it's not a family member or close friend. My oldest son is swarmed by 5-10 year olds every time we go to the neighborhood pool. Nobody thinks anything of it, because they know him, and one of the girls swarming him is his little sister. If he walked into a pool and offered to toss kids, parents would be smart to be a bit suspicious.

If the behavior of the fellow in this latest bit of FSDrama was making both kids and parents uncomfortable, then I am very glad they showed him the door. Sure, it might just be a case of a socially inept individual with boundary issues... but they'd already talked with him, and didn't think that was the case.

----
One little thing that bugged me though... what's with the "Another Fed outed" as a response? That's a joke right? Please tell me that any & all creeps, along with anybody caught in unacceptable behavior are not seriously being labeled "Feds"?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #3277 on: July 28, 2010, 12:15:18 PM »

One little thing that bugged me though... what's with the "Another Fed outed" as a response? That's a joke right? Please tell me that any & all creeps, along with anybody caught in unacceptable behavior are not seriously being labeled "Feds"?

I read that as a reference to a different person, the "brigitte" mentioned, though even that may not have been serious.

Frankly the situation Kat described would not bother me in someone I trusted to let into my house anyway. But I think that's where the boundary issues are in this case, these folks just don't vet their associates at all, then when one gets a little "weird" they're swinging baseball bats.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3278 on: July 28, 2010, 12:16:42 PM »

They are hinting that there has been other issues with him. I think the Fed moniker is just a joke, though.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: July 28, 2010, 12:40:53 PM »

So, this Ethan guy is a bit of a pedophile?  The FSP definitely doesn't need that PR.

Ethan is not involved with the FSP in any way.  He is not a participant, a friend or anything.  He doesn't agree with the statement of intent and is not about the FSP.  He doesn't even morally think he is able to join the FSP.

He is a self-proclaimed anarchist.  I have no idea if he is a pedophile but even if that was true, I highly doubt it would hurt the overall view of anarchists in the minds of the general population.  And anyway, nothing in that thread of now mentions anything at all that is 100% sexual.  Anarchists are only a step above terrorists.  Anyone that actually calls themselves an anarchist, holds signs calling cops thugs and so on likely has many public relations issues.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:54:02 AM by HR Puff and Stuph »
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3280 on: July 28, 2010, 01:43:08 PM »

When it comes to issues of this nature, I'm sure its better to be safe than sorry.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

blackie

« Reply #3281 on: July 28, 2010, 02:01:09 PM »

When it comes to issues of this nature, I'm sure its better to be safe than sorry.
Yeah. Ethan should have stabbed Kat. You can't take chances when someone is coming at you swinging a bat.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3282 on: July 28, 2010, 04:41:36 PM »

But I think that's where the boundary issues are in this case, these folks just don't vet their associates at all, then when one gets a little "weird" they're swinging baseball bats.
Yeah, well, that's just the nature of "private protection services", also affectionately known as "vigilante mobs"

At least it's not the tyranny and violence of the state -- it's the much more acceptable violence of Peaceful People!

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: July 28, 2010, 09:16:50 PM »

Anarchists are only a step above terrorists.

Wait, what?

That's likely how 10s of millions of Americans feel.  Certainly most anarchists know that the very use of the term anarchy makes them look poorly in the eyes of most.  It's interesting that some people still identify with the term.  Things that make you go hmm.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:56:44 PM by HR Puff and Stuph »
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #3284 on: July 28, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »

Certainly most anarchists know that the very use of the term anarchy makes then look poorly in the eyes of most.  It's interesting that some people still identify with the term.  Things that make you go hmm.

It constantly causes me ambivalence.

An - not; used to make words that have a sense opposite to the word (or stem) to which the prefix is attached. Used with stems that begin with vowels and "h".

Archy - From Latin -archia from Ancient Greek ἀρχός (archos), “‘leader’”

It's really the best word, if words are meant to describe things correctly, which they are.

There is no description I like more, (Well, I refuse to give up Market Anarchist but it still has the dirty A-word in there and most people hate it but me.) but yes, it's got bad mojo attached to it.

But there's nothing better out there.

Voluntaryist - Does not describe what it is and isn't a real word.

Free Marketeer - Sounds faggy and pretentious. Also, like you should be on the damned Mickey Mouse Club.

Stateless - No way to make it into a word that is applicable to a person. "Statelessist" sounds like snake vomit.

Shire Society -ian? -ist? -arian?  Sounds like fuckin' Hobbit cosplay shit.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 32 queries.