Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1321634 times)

ForumTroll

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3075 on: May 22, 2010, 09:04:47 AM »

And doesn't someone have any juicy drama to post ad get this thread back on what it was about....good, old fashioned drama. :)

I've got some juicy drama about a politically inclined FSP'er who...oh, nevermind...that would be rude.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:08:45 AM by BonerJoe »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3076 on: May 24, 2010, 12:23:48 AM »

Sundays podcast was boring (I stopped halfway through). Partially because I have already read the cracked.com article they are reading on air. Partially because they should have practiced more before hand.

Edit: I heard on the Skeptics Guide podcast that they were given advice to make three podcasts the first time and then throw them out, then make one for real. This would serve to iron out the kinks. It would be more difficult with a live one but I'm sure they could figure it  out.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:26:02 AM by anarchir »
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

digitalfour

« Reply #3077 on: May 24, 2010, 07:52:27 AM »

Sundays podcast was boring (I stopped halfway through).

So you didn't listen to Hannah?

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: May 24, 2010, 11:08:55 AM »

What?  A woman was on FTL and I missed it?  Holy fucking Christ.  That is momentous. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: May 24, 2010, 03:52:01 PM »

Sundays podcast was boring (I stopped halfway through). Partially because I have already read the cracked.com article they are reading on air. Partially because they should have practiced more before hand.

Edit: I heard on the Skeptics Guide podcast that they were given advice to make three podcasts the first time and then throw them out, then make one for real. This would serve to iron out the kinks. It would be more difficult with a live one but I'm sure they could figure it  out.

Why throw out the practice runs, when someone wants to hear them?    and I can assure you, someone wants to hear them.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3080 on: May 24, 2010, 06:11:10 PM »

We had tens of listeners last night!

Seriously though, as I understand it, the podcast listeners and cam viewers was pretty high.  Mark and Ian are already playing it safe by having this experiment on a night when no radio stations can have their airwaves contaminated by the inexperienced host-wannabees.  I think the pressure of some listeners needs to be there for us to be motivated and to really learn.  We're supposed to talk to just each other for 3 hours?  Hell, how else will we get callers and learn how to interact with them?

I hate that the first few moments of the first ever Sunday show had me stumbling over the phone number switch but I felt like we smoothed things out reasonably well as the show went on.  I definitely feel the 2nd half was better than the first half, FWIW.  Listening to some of the show this morning gave me some feedback for how I can improve next time.  In an attempt to keep things lively, my speech was often too rushed and lacked proper enunciation.  There also wasn't enough talk about butts and various deviant sexual topics.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3081 on: May 24, 2010, 11:33:30 PM »

I definitely feel the 2nd half was better than the first half, FWIW. 

Damn! You said that because you knew that was the part I hadnt listened to, didnt you?! Now I have to go back and download it again to finish the podcast.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: May 25, 2010, 08:19:53 AM »

I like the idea of a FTL farm league. I don't know if this belongs in the Drama thread, though.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: May 25, 2010, 08:35:28 AM »

Everyone has to start somewhere.  I applaud these guys for making an effort to learn how to do things by themselves.  Who knows when Ian will decide it's time to get arrested again.  The more people there are capable of keeping the show going in some capacity or another, the better.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3084 on: May 25, 2010, 03:34:18 PM »

Mark mentioned something I specifically said on Mondays podcast. It it weird I'm so happy about this?  :lol:

blackie

« Reply #3085 on: May 26, 2010, 09:29:40 PM »

Can someone with an account at NHfree.com grab a scan of the article and post it here?

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=20792.msg323319#msg323319

It's related to this thread
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=20782.0
Today we had a fire at Mike's place and Murrle came and hasseled us about it. When we refued to put it out the fire department came and put it out.

Russel almost got arrested for this. It happened on Monday. I was in Grafton burying my dog around that time. I saw people cleaning the fire truck.

digitalfour

« Reply #3086 on: May 26, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »

ForumTroll

« Reply #3087 on: May 26, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »

In b4 whining.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3088 on: May 26, 2010, 09:47:53 PM »

I wonder if Eukreign here (where the fuck did he go?) put the fire out, since he's supposedly still a member of the volunteer fire department. If he did, he sold out yo.

davann

« Reply #3089 on: May 26, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »

Mike Barskey should send the town a bill for Right of Way.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 28 queries.