Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1321108 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #2985 on: May 17, 2010, 09:14:18 AM »

It is if you're a woman and you lift up your shirt and point them at a school bus.

No one did that.  They were topless on a hot day along with a bunch of guys whom no one paid any attention to.  This sounds like a really creative interpretation of events to take a completely passive act and make it sound aggressive.

That's the impression given by the news story. Like it or not, that's how the event is going to be remembered by most folks.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

ForumTroll

« Reply #2986 on: May 17, 2010, 09:58:50 AM »

You know what I can't stand? Fellow "liberty lovers" being on the statist side of this argument.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: May 17, 2010, 10:09:32 AM »

You know what I can't stand? Fellow "liberty lovers" being on the statist side of this argument.

Saying the timing/location could have been better chosen is not the same as being on the statist side.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

ForumTroll

« Reply #2988 on: May 17, 2010, 10:17:39 AM »

Saying the timing/location could have been better chosen is not the same as being on the statist side.

So, tell us, which time and location would have been the best so no statist's brains were harmed?

This is why I say you're on they're side, because you come off as wanting to protect their wish to initiate force.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #2989 on: May 17, 2010, 10:43:52 AM »

It's been at 4:20 since it started and I think the time chosen was pretty appropriate for a 4:20 event.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: May 17, 2010, 10:48:13 AM »

So, tell us, which time and location would have been the best so no statist's brains were harmed?

This is why I say you're on they're side, because you come off as wanting to protect their wish to initiate force.

How about not right as school is letting out for the afternoon?

I'm not saying they had no right to do it - I am saying it was a bad idea to do something that looks as though it was chosen expressly to offend as many as possible. Sure, it didn't really harm anyone. At most, it leads to lots of snickering & jokes between the kids, and uncomfortable conversations with parents. But many parents didn't see it that way. And some of those parents are starting a petition to create a new law to restrict the topless women. That's right... it might become a restriction because of the protest.

It's a matter of doing something which fits the environment. I think the 420 smoke breaks are great. Having a seat on a park bench & lighting up is just like all the tobacco smokers who would do the exact same thing.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #2991 on: May 17, 2010, 10:53:47 AM »

That's the impression given by the news story. Like it or not, that's how the event is going to be remembered by most folks.

Yes, I realize there are some really pig-headed people out there and that they won't get over their weird hang-ups and double-standards until enough women act like they're not ashamed of themselves for a while and the sky doesn't fall.  I'm not talking to those people.  I'm talking to a so-called libertarian on the FTL forums who's using their same bass-ackwards hyperbolic accusatory language when you know what really happened, and what didn't happen.

ForumTroll

« Reply #2992 on: May 17, 2010, 11:01:14 AM »

I'm also thinking this happens because people have "grown up"...strike that: "given up" and decided to integrate with the force initiators.

davann

« Reply #2993 on: May 17, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »

As I said a few weeks ago--people in New Hampshire better get their shit together and recognize that the shit they don't like other activists doing is the kinda shit that's gonna happen in a free society.  As for me, I'm good with it.  I can recognize and appreciate the benefits of both, and I think the losers who are going to take a collectivist view of the "wrong" activism practiced by others are going to be contemporary Don Quijotes--ironically, for want of support from other Don Quijotes.

I agree this is the sort of shit that would happen in a free society but we are missing a very important counter weight for stupid behavior. That being things like egging the offenders homes to show them what they are doing is not appreciated. No collectivist thinking here, just taking on the individual responsibility, in a non violent manner, to educate the young'ns that unacceptable behavior has consequences.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: May 17, 2010, 11:06:36 AM »

Yes, I realize there are some really pig-headed people out there and that they won't get over their weird hang-ups and double-standards until enough women act like they're not ashamed of themselves for a while and the sky doesn't fall.  I'm not talking to those people.  I'm talking to a so-called libertarian on the FTL forums who's using their same bass-ackwards hyperbolic accusatory language when you know what really happened, and what didn't happen.

And now I know how Denis feels every damn day.

Disagreeing with the way one particular event was staged doesn't mean I don't agree with the ideas behind it.

I peel out of my top in public on a regular basis, standing right by my truck when I'm done with a long ride or run. I get disapproving looks occasionally. However, if a class from the elementary school down the street from the park were using it's garden space/outdoor classroom in the park at that time, I'd walk to the restrooms at the other end of the park.

blackie

« Reply #2995 on: May 17, 2010, 11:14:55 AM »

They were topless on a hot day along with a bunch of guys whom no one paid any attention to.
Are they planning on every Tuesday being hot?

Why was that one chick wearing a hoodie if she was so hot?

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: May 17, 2010, 11:54:25 AM »

They were topless on a hot day along with a bunch of guys whom no one paid any attention to.
Are they planning on every Tuesday being hot?

Why was that one chick wearing a hoodie if she was so hot?

Figure sculpting, so she didn't have a visible muffin top.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: May 17, 2010, 11:55:11 AM »

Just because thier shouldn't be a law doesn't mean they're not offensive assholes going out of their way to be offensive assholes.  I don't want to lock them in a cage but they're still some rude-ass assholes.  My GF says Keene is absolutely out of the question because of this and even if she hadn't they're still just WT assholes being WT assholes as loudly as possible and no one wants that regardless of religious, racial or political affiliation.

As far as initiating force on them...  I'm not entirely opposed to it.  I wouldn't stop the parent who felt like a few of them needed a good ass kicking.  Fuck them, they're assholes.  Maybe sometimes assholes should get hit in the mouth to prevent them continuing to be assholes.  They weren't just minding their own business w/o shirts on.  They were gathered for the specific purpose of drawing attention to themselves and thier titties and they chose as public a place as possible with unusually high middle school traffic to do it in....  assholes.  They should be ostracized.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:13:03 PM by Ecolitan »

ForumTroll

« Reply #2998 on: May 17, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #2999 on: May 17, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »

While I don't agree with Ecolitan on the justifiability of "Activists" being harmed, I think that the likelihood of it starting to happen at some point to be very high.

It's an issue that I've thought quite a bit about, and something that I don't think the activists have seriously considered much, because it hasn't happened yet. (Well, in any serious way.)

Harassment and violence against Free State activists by non-government people is bound to happen at some point.

That sort of thing usually starts with vandalism. Slashed tires, that sort of thing, and escalates to "Go home freetards" graffiti and the random beer bottle chucked at someone.

Of course, government people will be trying REAL HARD (tm) to find the culprits.

Just to be sure, I'm not saying it's okay, I'm saying that it's gonna happen.

I hate making up scenarios, but what happens when some pissed off soccer mom open hand slaps some girl for flipping her boobs out at her kid? In a crowd of Free Staters? Yeah, they like the NAP, but once someone violates it, there is a good contingent of liberty type people who don't seem to know when to quit, on the retaliation front. I can imagine said soccer mom getting a serious beatdown by multiple people.

Imagine that headline for a minute.

LOCAL MOTHER BEATEN BY MULTIPLE IMMIGRANT ANTIGOVERNMENT OUTSIDER "FREE STATER" ASSAILANTS, "SHE STARTED IT." THEY SAY

This is the sort of shit that will happen, at some point.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:35:39 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 28 queries.