Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1323940 times)

sandm000

• View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #2175 on: September 29, 2009, 09:12:08 AM »

I don't think it's fair to call Ryan a "con man"
It seems like he had some serious money issues, that led to (or were exacerbated by) some serious 'fessing-up-the-truth issues, but those things seem to really have affected only those people that (a) lived with him, and/or (b) lent him money. Meanwhile, as an activist, I thought he did a pretty darn good job, in terms of sign waves, talking to the politicians, talking to the media etc., etc.

It's not fair to call him a con man, but he lied to get money and stole money? Exploiting human emotions to gain a monetary advantage is the definition of a con man, or would you rather call him thief?

Meanwhile, would you have paid him to be an activist if he had asked for money?

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2176 on: September 29, 2009, 10:36:13 AM »

Hmmmm... I didn't know about some of this stuff... I guess I didn't know him too well!

BonerJoe

« Reply #2177 on: September 29, 2009, 10:44:13 AM »

Hmmmm... I didn't know about some of this stuff... I guess I didn't know him too well!

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: September 29, 2009, 02:23:24 PM »

I don't think it's fair to call Ryan a "con man"
It seems like he had some serious money issues, that led to (or were exacerbated by) some serious 'fessing-up-the-truth issues, but those things seem to really have affected only those people that (a) lived with him, and/or (b) lent him money. Meanwhile, as an activist, I thought he did a pretty darn good job, in terms of sign waves, talking to the politicians, talking to the media etc., etc.

I'm OK with conman....but if slime ball works better for you, I'm OK with that as well. He is a conman in the sense that he cons people into thinking he is something he is not. He repeatedly told his roommates that he was doing one thing when he was doing another. He took their money to pay bill and didn't pay them.....and took more than the bills even were so that he was actually profiting from it.

Being an good activist in my opinion does not give you an out to be a slime ball.

BonerJoe

« Reply #2179 on: September 29, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »

Being an good activist in my opinion does not give you an out to be a slime ball.

People can be a slime ball in many different ways...

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #2180 on: September 29, 2009, 03:37:07 PM »

Being a slime ball is no excuse for stealing. You can lie about who you are and risk your own credibility which is stupid. But he had a verbal agreement right? He accepted someones money as payment then broke the agreement. He took the money and didn't deliver. Isn't that in effect stealing?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:47:15 PM by Hideaki »

blackie

« Reply #2181 on: September 29, 2009, 04:11:41 PM »

You guys are just racist against gays.

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #2182 on: September 29, 2009, 04:37:07 PM »

Being gay is a race?

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: September 29, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »

Being gay is a race?

It's as much as race as being black or white, since there aren't separate human races.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

BonerJoe

« Reply #2184 on: September 29, 2009, 06:42:26 PM »

Being gay is a race?

It's as much as race as being black or white, since there aren't separate human races.

In after.

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #2185 on: September 29, 2009, 07:27:59 PM »

Being gay is a race?

Scientifically speaking I think the concept is rejected as far as categorizing humans but politically and socially it's not. Race is still seen as a categorization of people based on mostly visual heritable traits. You could argue that being gay is genetic or not. Doesn't really matter. Saying someone is racist against gays just sounds funny to me. Racism is usually tied to people of skin color regardless but not of actions.

"Homophobia (from Greek homós: one and the same; phóbos: fear, phobia) is defined as an 'irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals'"

Wiki says that but to me it sounds weird too since I thought phobia was just an irrational fear. And I'm starting to realize I'm so bored at work that I'm spending time on labels when I really don't give a shit.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: September 29, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »

Race was not a positive term.  It was created to justify hurt of people in one culture to people in another culture.  It is often still used for that, although some people are confused and think they are using race for positive things, nowadays.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2187 on: September 29, 2009, 07:40:53 PM »

Race was not a positive term.  It was created to justify hurt of people in one culture to people in another culture.  It is often still used for that, although some people are confused and think they are using race for positive things, nowadays.

The only person who should care about your race is your doctor, for medical purposes.

It is ok to care and inquire as to other's culture of course, so as to be respectful.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #2188 on: September 29, 2009, 07:41:15 PM »

As far as it's history I have no idea how it was created. I just call shit as I see it in today's society. Just like libertarian became a fucked up label. Anarchy/Anarchist sounds bad to public as well. Free Marketeer not many people know. Anarcho-Capitalist isn't very wide spread either. Did words start off with a certain meaning? Don't definitions change over generations. Fuck, faggot, bitch, etc. None of it really matters I guess. People love to get technical over a mainstream pretence. Still doesn't change widely accepted views or notions.

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #2189 on: September 29, 2009, 07:44:04 PM »

The only person who should care about your race is your doctor, for medical purposes.

It is ok to care and inquire as to other's culture of course, so as to be respectful.

I don't really care it's not like I view any "race" inferior or "alien". Everyone is human regardless of ethnicity or cultural background. Anyone should be free to enjoy what makes them unique. Call it race or anything you want.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 32 queries.