Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1321594 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #975 on: June 09, 2009, 09:27:37 PM »

Condoms are perfect and never break.

Condoms never break my ass!

that's because you're not using enough lube for it to go in

There are many, many reasons why a condom will break, and most of them have nothing to do with there not being enough lube.  Off the top of my head, Inferior brand, pinholes, age, bad latex... 

Conjugation is not your friend. 

fatcat

« Reply #976 on: June 09, 2009, 09:37:10 PM »

Love how you keep editing your posts to soften them after I've responded, Fatcat.

I edit the majority of my posts after the fact when I think of more shit to say, its not some conspiracy to make you look like an asshole.

I stand by my point that the kind of common ideas of leopard can't change its spots, once a [blank] always a [blank], are ostensibly illustrative, but fundamentally unhelpful and empty.

I can see that it looks like I'm misrepresenting your point, what you said was more complex and subtle than how i responded, but my intention was to rail against the common sense idea that people don't really change and that a few actions can be used to define an entire person.

I'm not just talking about cheating here, the same kind of belief is common place around criminals, liars, and pretty much any kind of infraction.

I certainly don't write in a way that is endearing to friendly banter, but I don't see why you have to get so hostile with all the name calling shit, although your generally level headed so I guess I'm probably being more of an asshole than I'm aware of.

The people who have behaviors (whatever they may be) and suddenly turn a 180* are the exception to the rule.  Most people do what they do and keep on doin' it.  The ones who change are usually impacted by some kind of life-changing event that completely alters their perceptions - like a born-again, with or without the god part. 

Well I don't think either of us have any stats on the matter, and I think you probably notice people with habitual character traits more than those who do things one off or in a more random/less predictable manner.

For example, in my early teens, me and a friend would go out late night/early morning and steal shit out of peoples unlocked cars. I didn't think it was okay at the time, and I haven't done anything like it since, but there wasn't a switch that flipped in my head one day that I thought, oh I definitely shouldn't do that anymore.

Of course people who have cheated on people all their life are likely to keep doing it, but thats representative of underlying character traits, I don't think its particularly to do with them trying it once and then developing some sort of habitual character trait as a result.

I'd be interested to see the stats on how many people cheat once or twice but don't ever do it again their whole life. I don't think things are so die cast as you're either in one group "cheaters", or the other "not cheaters", or even that the majority of people who cheat are "cheaters" for life, while its a minority that do it as a one off.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 09, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »

Isn't Nick "Coconut" the guy who co-hosts the Free Minds TV show?

No. That's Nick M, famous for being on FTL and Free Minds TV

I'm Nick Ryder, not famous for being a FreeKeene blogger and videographer.
www.youtube.com/gloriouscoconut

blackie

« Reply #978 on: June 09, 2009, 09:48:30 PM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=1061.msg10399#msg10399

cyberdoo78:
As I believe that Ivy is both pleasurable to look at and mentally appealing

To each his own.

blackie

« Reply #979 on: June 09, 2009, 10:09:11 PM »

WTF?

Sam didn't change out of the jail clothes when he got out.

Also, he has a real lawyer now, and is going to ask for a continuance. Can you complain about not getting a speedy trial if you ask for a continuance?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:18:03 PM by blackie »

BonerJoe

« Reply #980 on: June 09, 2009, 11:00:54 PM »

He must smell pretty.

blackie

« Reply #981 on: June 09, 2009, 11:08:16 PM »

He should wear those clothes during the trial.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #982 on: June 09, 2009, 11:16:27 PM »

Love how you keep editing your posts to soften them after I've responded, Fatcat.

I edit the majority of my posts after the fact when I think of more shit to say, its not some conspiracy to make you look like an asshole.

I stand by my point that the kind of common ideas of leopard can't change its spots, once a [blank] always a [blank], are ostensibly illustrative, but fundamentally unhelpful and empty.

I can see that it looks like I'm misrepresenting your point, what you said was more complex and subtle than how i responded, but my intention was to rail against the common sense idea that people don't really change and that a few actions can be used to define an entire person.

I'm not just talking about cheating here, the same kind of belief is common place around criminals, liars, and pretty much any kind of infraction.

I certainly don't write in a way that is endearing to friendly banter, but I don't see why you have to get so hostile with all the name calling shit, although your generally level headed so I guess I'm probably being more of an asshole than I'm aware of.

The people who have behaviors (whatever they may be) and suddenly turn a 180* are the exception to the rule.  Most people do what they do and keep on doin' it.  The ones who change are usually impacted by some kind of life-changing event that completely alters their perceptions - like a born-again, with or without the god part. 

Well I don't think either of us have any stats on the matter, and I think you probably notice people with habitual character traits more than those who do things one off or in a more random/less predictable manner.

For example, in my early teens, me and a friend would go out late night/early morning and steal shit out of peoples unlocked cars. I didn't think it was okay at the time, and I haven't done anything like it since, but there wasn't a switch that flipped in my head one day that I thought, oh I definitely shouldn't do that anymore.

Of course people who have cheated on people all their life are likely to keep doing it, but thats representative of underlying character traits, I don't think its particularly to do with them trying it once and then developing some sort of habitual character trait as a result.

I'd be interested to see the stats on how many people cheat once or twice but don't ever do it again their whole life. I don't think things are so die cast as you're either in one group "cheaters", or the other "not cheaters", or even that the majority of people who cheat are "cheaters" for life, while its a minority that do it as a one off.

Right.  More stats.  Refer to your statistics IRL on the fly.  Theres something to be said for sound judgement, which will often prevent being a participant in a problem. 

In the larger sense, it's a kind of prejudice you develop.  The people who act like that, look like that, often do certain things.  Maybe you can keep your genetals to yourself, but I'm not gonna put myself in a position where I'll be surprised if you don't - if I know thats typical of your past behavior. 

JWI

« Reply #983 on: June 09, 2009, 11:16:42 PM »

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 09, 2009, 11:30:51 PM »

Maybe Bill wasn't arrested. It sounds like the grandparents got the kid, with the help of the police.
I was with Bill today, driving him around to the court and jail. While I kinda feel like Tammy does about the whole situation, I kinda felt sorry for him which is why I helped out.

1st off, While Bill was talking to the Bureaucrats at the local jail, I had a cig break outside and walked around the side of the building to where the inmates were playing in the fenced-in yard and nearly got arrested. As I walked back to the front door where the lobby was, a CO came out and started yelling at me, saying wth was I doing back there, to which I replied just sayin hi to the inmates. Then he got more pissed and said that this is jail and you can't say hi to the inmates, to which I said: my apologies, I had no idea. Lastly, he said in the most high-pitched/bitchy tone that if I went around there again, I would be arrested by the Laconia police. At least he held the door for me on the way back in. :roll:

Then, we headed back to the restaurant in Bristol and the police chief, his stooge and 4 state troopers where waiting for us as we pulled up. I was open carrying while wearing my Ron Paul MIA shirt and the chief said if you even reach for your gun, it will be the last thing you ever do. I responded by saying, I would never do such a thing and I don't take too kindly to that insult. The whole time he was talking to me, he never looked me in the eyes but I was surrounded by his goons. Moving on, before they took Bill around the corner for a chat, I was smoking a cig and they insisted that I go in the restaurant even though it's illegal to smoke in NH food places. So I did, and that's when Bill came back telling me that the po's were taking the kid. In the mean time, I was making small talk to the chief's stooge, telling him of my BA in CJ and that I'm a licensed PI. That kind of broke the ice and he was chilled out at that point. The chief then said I should leave, and I high-tailed it outta there - never to go back. End of story. What a long fuckin day... It was nice to attend the Taproom Tuesday/seatbelt termination celebration party which had at least 120 people.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:04:44 AM by Rebel »

blackie

« Reply #985 on: June 09, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 09, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #987 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59:15 AM »

I hope you had the decency to tour Boylston St. 

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 10, 2009, 01:44:59 AM »

I failed in that regard. Why though?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #989 on: June 10, 2009, 02:31:36 AM »

I failed in that regard. Why though?

Stomping grounds of a fictional private eye. 
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 27 queries.