Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Chris Matthews Unloads On Protester Who Carried Gun To Obama Event
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris Matthews Unloads On Protester Who Carried Gun To Obama Event  (Read 9537 times)

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
Re: Chris Matthews Unloads On Protester Who Carried Gun To Obama Event
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »

"Why were you carrying a God-Damned gun to a presidential event?"

So when will Chris Matthews be receiving his half-a-million dollar fine from the FCC?

he won't.  he's on cable.

if that be the case, cable broadcasts need to start dropping more F-bombs and showing more naked titty.

Ever see the shield?  No titties, but that was probab;y the most violent police show I have ever seen...  and it shows what cops are really like.  lol
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

upperdeck

• submit and obey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 09:37:34 PM »

I wanted William to just answer Matthews question on..."Why are you carrying a gun to this town hall meeting?"......"Because...I can."

I'm not sure that the FSP was represented well on this one....On another report, it was stated that "The man with the gun was a member of the FSP...a group of secessionists in NH."   While that may be the goal of many in the FSP...that is not the mission.

I think he said more than because I can.  He answered it well the very first time it was asked.

The FSP wasn't mentioned on Hardball.  It was mentioned many times though, though I'm not sure it was mentioned on TV.  I understand that especially some papers got the facts of the FSP wrong.  That is too bad.  It happens a lot.  Don't believe something just because you see it or read it from the news.  Most long reports have at least something wrong.  

Now you (we) know, and knowing is half the battle.

He was on "Inside Edition" and the FSP was mentioned....He also had an FSP  T-Shirt on.  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:36:38 AM by upperdeck »
Sometimes it just feels good to take a shit in the woods.

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 11:50:35 PM »

Update ... William Kostric (the guy with the gun) will be on "Inside Edition" at 3PM EST today

Begging your pardon, but this is the guy with the gun.

Kostric is a guy with a gun. And he came across as very reasonable. Someone should point out to Chris Matthews that all those people with badges and/or earpieces were armed too; maybe he can berate one of them on his show.
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »

And then there was the nice middle-aged lady with the gun at the same event...
http://freestateblogs.net/concealed_weapons_at_obamacare_protest

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »

Perhaps there is a real fear and realization on the part of many of the condescending political overlord caste that the angry mobs might not be too far away from becoming well-armed angry mobs. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 01:50:54 PM »

Perhaps there is a real fear and realization on the part of many of the condescending political overlord caste that the angry mobs might not be too far away from becoming well-armed angry mobs. 

Please refer to the textbook sections relating to 1865, 1963, 1981 Mr. Muppet. 

Cowcidile

• Cruel Tyrant Cason
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2009, 11:33:43 PM »

Does T Roosevelt count? He was running for president. Why no mention of Mr. Garfield?

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2009, 12:26:52 AM »

How about a big hand for Chris Matthews, everyone.  He'll be here all week.  Tell your friends.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

fatcat

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »

I gotta agree with iprik here.  I didn't watch the footage of this, but this is not the type of event where you're going to need a gun for any possible reason other than just to cause a ruckus.  So you gotta wonder why he brought it.  And one of the things going through a lot of people's heads has to be assassination.  Why else bring weapons around a major head of state?  This has got to be one of the safest places in New Hampshire at the time.  Seriously, who was he planning to shoot?  I'm all for freedom, but come on, a little common sense please.

The main reason to open carry is to bring attention to the fact that it isn't illegal, This guy just showed that off on a national level. The fact that he wasn't a jibbering lunatic on air gives it that much more validity.

Do you think this stunt is going to make it more, or less likely for open carry to be restricted in NH?

bearing in mind the near universal condemnation from the media. People don't care how sane or reasoned this person is. The mere fact he was carrying a gun near the president and he wasnt a police is enough to condemn him as a nut in the vast majority of the populations eyes.

coupled with the hysteria over Obama being the next JFK. coupled with increased obama/democratic support in NH

I've seen news reports compare him to Lee Harvey Oswald over the "tree of liberty" connection.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2009, 08:34:35 PM »

"When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Cowcidile

• Cruel Tyrant Cason
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2009, 08:35:33 PM »

Well those people clearly don't know that Oswald was innocent, JFK was an inside job! come on everyone chant along!

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2009, 11:25:55 PM »

Do you think this stunt is going to make it more, or less likely for open carry to be restricted in NH?
Absolutely no impact whatsoever.

Contrast with open carry in the State House itself. That does have an impact.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/08/17/20090817obama-scene.html

A man, who decided not to give his name, was walking around the pro-health care reform rally at 3rd and Washington streets, with a pistol on his hip, and an AR-15 (a semi-automatic assault rifle) on a strap over his shoulder.

"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Cowcidile

• Cruel Tyrant Cason
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 06:53:59 PM »

Well I guess chris mathews can't yell at this guy, it would be racist after all.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 12:36:39 AM »

Well I guess chris mathews can't yell at this guy, it would be racist after all.
That's what I was thinking.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Chris Matthews Unloads On Protester Who Carried Gun To Obama Event

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 33 queries.