Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Carpool from Manch for Porcfest
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Carpool from Manch for Porcfest  (Read 4455 times)

vaporstation

• View Profile
Carpool from Manch for Porcfest
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:47:23 AM »

My girlfriend and I (possibly an additional friend as well) will be arriving at Manchester Airport at 11:30 PM on June 19, and will be staying the night at the downtown Radisson nearest the airport.

We have another room booked at the Radission for June 26, for our morning flight back to Dallas on June 27.

I was wondering if anyone in the Manchester area might be willing to give us a lift to and from Porcfest, preferably someone who wouldn't be too inconvenienced by our schedule?

We can always rent a car, but I'd really just rather not spend the money unnecessarily seeing as we don't plan on doing any driving once we arrive at Roger's Campground, until, of course, on the 26th when we head back to Manch and back to our hotel.

We have shuttles scheduled to pick us up from the airport on June 19, and to drop us back off at the airport on June 27.

Thanks in advance, and we totally understand if no one can accommodate us!
Eric

BonerJoe

Re: Carpool from Manch for Porcfest
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 04:52:32 AM »

No car? I hope you plan to bring a couple day's food with you at least then. Unless you like lots of walking to go to the town 2 miles away, or eating gyros and baklava for 3-4 days...heh.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:54:03 AM by BonerJoe »

Riddler

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:34:41 AM »

No car? I hope you plan to bring a couple day's food with you at least then. Unless you like lots of walking to go to the town 2 miles away, or eating gyros and baklava for 3-4 days...heh.

c'mon....there's that dude w/ the breakfast sammiches

BonerJoe

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »

c'mon....there's that dude w/ the breakfast sammiches

Yeah, that's me and Mandrik. Like I said, gyros. lol

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:33:34 AM »

sounds good - just too far from arkansas

Riddler

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:45:49 AM »

Yeah, that's me and Mandrik. Like I said, gyros. lol

cool.
can i set my tshirt operation up next to you guys?

vaporstation

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »

Actually, we decided to bring our dog, so we'll be renting a car after all.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »

That solves the problem of what to eat as well!
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Sovereign Curtis

• View Profile
    • http://porcfest.com
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 08:20:58 AM »

That solves the problem of what to eat as well!

I lol'd, well played sir

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 10:21:11 AM »

Roger's has a restaurant and a store with all the food and drinks anyone would need while camping.  Plus, their is an official FSP meal.  Plus there will likely be a dozen or so vendors selling different types of food.

I did enjoy that "Radission" and "I'd really just rather not spend the money unnecessarily" parts.  You can find a hotel in Manchester for like $65 per night and one in Nashua for under $50 with specials.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

BonerJoe

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »

Roger's has a restaurant and a store with all the food and drinks anyone would need while camping.  Plus, their is an official FSP meal.  Plus there will likely be a dozen or so vendors selling different types of food.

I did enjoy that "Radission" and "I'd really just rather not spend the money unnecessarily" parts.  You can find a hotel in Manchester for like $65 per night and one in Nashua for under $50 with specials.

Roger's restaurant is only open from Wednesday til Saturday, IIRC. And only serves breakfast. The store seemed to only have junk food. They are getting their early in the week.

Oh, it's Keith. Nevermind. Just doing his usual bullshit.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »

I came prepared with food but hardly ate any of it due to all the vendors and meals but I did spend money.  I was making enough selling pancakes to buy a variety of food for myself and still stay well ahead money-wise.  I'd say if you eat from vendors or the main grill area, you'll prolly average $5 a meal.  This will be my first year since I switched to a low carb diet though so I will prolly come very prepared again and not assume I can just eat what other people are selling.

Riddler

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 03:26:53 PM »

The store seemed to only have junk food. [/quote]

aren't they catering to primarily hop-heads?
stoners dig on junk food as a mainstay.........

hophead 1:
''dude, what's for dinner?''
hophead 2:
''pork rinds, m&m's, cheezewhiz on powdered mini-donuts, mountain dew....and for dessert......
  beef jerky w/ coolwhip

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 11:51:33 PM »

Roger's restaurant is only open from Wednesday til Saturday, IIRC. And only serves breakfast. The store seemed to only have junk food. They are getting their early in the week.

Correct.  It is only open 4 days for several hours so long enough for everyone to eat at least one meal on those days.  The store sells way more than junk food, I'm not even sure why you would say something like that.  I repeat, there will be like a dozen people (groups) selling food at Porcfest.  Of course, even if someone got a ride, they could stop at a store along the way or walk to a store from their hotel in Manchester before they went to Rogers.  Additionally, I've found that a lot of people will give you free food at Porcfest, and you don't even have to ask for it.  A lot of people bring burgers, hot dogs or something else and they bring enough to share with others.

I'm really not sure why you are trolling but it's all good :)
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 12:37:24 AM »

Correct.  It is only open 4 days for several hours so long enough for everyone to eat at least one meal on those days.  The store sells way more than junk food, I'm not even sure why you would say something like that.  I repeat, there will be like a dozen people (groups) selling food at Porcfest.  Of course, even if someone got a ride, they could stop at a store along the way or walk to a store from their hotel in Manchester before they went to Rogers.  Additionally, I've found that a lot of people will give you free food at Porcfest, and you don't even have to ask for it.  A lot of people bring burgers, hot dogs or something else and they bring enough to share with others.

I'm really not sure why you are trolling but it's all good :)

Its not trolling. Appears to be the rare thing called "alternate points of view."
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Carpool from Manch for Porcfest

// ]]>

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 32 queries.