Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  ACLU
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ACLU  (Read 4729 times)

Zephae

ACLU
« on: November 15, 2005, 03:39:49 PM »

At least some, if not many, of our concerns on our liberty are being fought for by the ACLU.  Sometimes they may go too far or not far enough, but do remember they are human too.  Support them with a small donation.

Edit: this is from TN_FSP and he asked me to post it here so...

Understandably, some freedom loves do not want to donate money to the ACLU.  However, you may still use its detailed research and vast network to spread freedom.  Just sign up for ACLU Alerts and the ACLU will email you every time they are working on a freedom issue.  If you disagree with the ACLU's position; then, just delete the email- otherwise, act on it.

https://secure.aclu.org/site/SSurvey?SURVEY_ID=1421&ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS

Thanks much TN!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 07:19:47 PM by Zephae »

Brandon

Re: ACLU
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:49:01 PM »

Or I can spend my money on extra ammo to fight off the government when the ACLU manages to push a total gun ban through the Congress. :)

Zephae

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 09:51:29 PM »

Or I can spend my money on extra ammo to fight off the government when the ACLU manages to push a total gun ban through the Congress. :)

Hey, everyone has their own views.  Some can just yell louder.

TN_FSP

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 12:21:26 AM »

The ACLU very rarely works against the 2nd Amendment.  However, they frequently work against several others.

Anyway, if you sign up for ACLU alerts- highly recommended- you will get an email every time the ACLU wants to help you email, call, or fax a government worker.  You can decided to delete the email or act on it.

Click here to go to the website where you sign up for emails (free of course)

https://secure.aclu.org/site/SSurvey?SURVEY_ID=1421&ACTION_REQUIRED=URI_ACTION_USER_REQUESTS

mbd

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:27:44 AM »

At least some, if not many, of our concerns on our liberty are being fought for by the ACLU.  Sometimes they may go too far or not far enough, but do remember they are human too.  Support them with a small donation.

Or sometimes they are just totally WRONG. Donation? I don't think so. Those guys are pro-affirmative action.

Zephae

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 08:01:46 AM »

Or sometimes they are just totally WRONG. Donation? I don't think so. Those guys are pro-affirmative action.

Them being wrong is a matter of personal perception, but its your money do what you want.

mbd

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 12:30:17 PM »

Them being wrong is a matter of personal perception, but its your money do what you want.

Exactly. And

but its your money do what you want.

is much better than

Support them with a small donation.

My money doesn't go to an organization who might support me on something and doesn't support me on something else. the efforts cancel themselves out.

Zephae

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 07:27:11 PM »

but its your money do what you want.

is much better than

Support them with a small donation.

My money doesn't go to an organization who might support me on something and doesn't support me on something else. the efforts cancel themselves out.

Rather than going into a long explanation of why this is wrong i'll just leave everyone to read the edit at the top of the page.  But if you wish to know PM me and i'll explain it.

mbd

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 01:25:42 AM »

Rather than going into a long explanation of why this is wrong i'll just leave everyone to read the edit at the top of the page.  But if you wish to know PM me and i'll explain it.

How eloquent. Thank you for sparing everyone.

Zephae

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 07:43:40 AM »

How eloquent. Thank you for sparing everyone.

Sparing no one but my self a long explanation that really shouldn't need to be explained if you think about advertising.

sfliberty

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 10:12:41 AM »

You can just give to the efforts that you support.  Again, sign up for the alerts and then when one comes through that you support, give to that cause.  But when one comes through that you don't support, give to FTL, or DownsizeDC.org, or the Free State Project, something.

AlexLibman

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 08:17:42 AM »

The policy states:

"The ACLU agrees with the Supreme Court's long-standing interpretation of the Second Amendment [as set forth in the 1939 case, U.S. v. Miller] that the individual's right to bear arms applies only to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia. Except for lawful police and military purposes, the possession of weapons by individuals is not constitutionally protected. Therefore, there is no constitutional impediment to the regulation of firearms."

Who defines what a "well-regulated militia" is?  How hard is it to start one, in NH and otherwise?

Gay_Libertarian

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 07:54:56 PM »

How many of the people excoriating the ACLU were of the same mind as those who blasted me as a purist for similar criticisms against Downsize DC?

velojym

• Mostly Harmless
  • Existence is Theft!!! *drool*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 08:33:11 PM »

Hmm, I've never been impressed with the ACLU and the way they tend to operate. There are many organizations which
are far more honest (it seems to me) and far more deserving of my time and money.
Until they start pulling for all of our rights, not just a few PC ones (oh, and inventing a few "rights" for some people), they can forget any involvement from me. But I don't think
that's much of a threat to them anyway.
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
-Ayn Rand

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 10:26:38 PM »

Who defines what a "well-regulated militia" is?  How hard is it to start one, in NH and otherwise?

A non-regulated militia is illegal in NH.  A well-regulated militia would be the NH National Guard.  However, guns go well with NH.  Heck, the American Revolution started in NH over guns and powder.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  ACLU

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.