Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  7 killed in shootings at Fort Hood, Pentagon says
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 killed in shootings at Fort Hood, Pentagon says  (Read 11751 times)

blackie

7 killed in shootings at Fort Hood, Pentagon says
« on: November 05, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/texas.fort.hood.shootings/index.html

(CNN) -- At least seven people are dead and between 12 and 15 wounded in shootings at Fort Hood in Texas on Thursday, senior Pentagon official told CNN.

At least one person is "neutralized" in connection with the incident, and a second is "cornered," retired Army Lt. Gen. Russel Honore told CNN, citing "unofficial, unconfirmed reports" from two sources.

On the Fort Hood Web site, the word "closed" is posted with the statement, "Effective immediately, Fort Hood is closed. Organizations/units are instructed to execute a 100 percent accountability of all personnel."

Fort Hood was asking people on post to stay away from windows, CNN affiliate KXXV said. The incident took place at the sports dome, now known as the soldier readiness area, the station reported.

FBI agents are headed to the scene to assist, said Erik Vasys, spokesman for the FBI office in San Antonio. He had no other details.

The military installation is located near Killeen, Texas. It is the Army's largest installation, Honore said.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:54:35 PM by blackie »

BonerJoe

Re: 7 killed in shootings at Fort Hood, Pentagon says
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 04:22:14 PM »

REMEMBER REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »

The thing about the military is that guns are banned (except for military cops and some others) on base so everyone is partly defenseless.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

blackie

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 04:44:38 PM »

The shooters were wearing military uniforms, but it was unclear whether they were soldiers, said U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas.

blackie

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »

The thing about the military is that guns are banned (except for military cops and some others) on base so everyone is partly defenseless.
That is weird. I remember carrying around an army issued rifle on base all the time. No ammo, but I had a gun and a bayonet.

BonerJoe

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 05:03:42 PM »

Apparently one of the shooters has a Muslim-sounding last name.

I wonder if they'll turn out to be from Iran and this will be an excuse to attack them.

blackie

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »

The gunman was a soldier, and two other soldiers have been detained as suspects, said the spokesman, Lt. Gen. Bob Cone.

BonerJoe

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »

Malik Nadal Hasan.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 05:49:31 PM »

That is weird. I remember carrying around an army issued rifle on base all the time. No ammo, but I had a gun and a bayonet.

Sure, there are military weapons for military use.  However, try to carry a weapon for self defense.  If your friend finds out, it may be years in jail.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

BonerJoe

Mandrik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 06:19:11 PM »

I posted this on my Facebook account just now to give my friends & family some food for thought:

This Ft. Hood incident is tragic. Think of how it makes you feel. Now imagine yourself in a place like Iraq or Afghanistan where innocent men, women, and children are dying daily as a result of US occupation/war. Think how that must feel to people living in those countries. None of these deaths can ever be justified as being for a good or right caues. You can try to lump it under, "fighting terrorism," or "defending freedom," but try explaining that to the displaced families that witness so much pain and suffering as a result of US foreign interventions or sanctions.

Murder is murder regardless of how you try to paint the picture. It is just as horrible when it happens on US soil to US citizens as it is on foreign soils to foreign citizens.

This first reply was from a guy I used to play video games with online that I don't talk to much.  He said:

Wow!  Think about the innocents who died in 9/11 piss for brains!

/facepalm

Some people really believe the loss of life to certain innocent people is worse than the loss of life of other innocent people.
-Mandrik

kb7834

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 07:01:24 PM »

This guy is an idiot. Yes the 2,800 innocent people who died on 9/11 are a tragedy, but that pales in comparison to the 800,000+ INNOCENT CIVILIANS killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not to mention the 1.3 million civilians severely injured. Its a shame that most people think just because you live in a different part of the world your life is not worth as much as an American's.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 07:26:29 PM »

Killing government jackboots - big kudos.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 08:37:16 PM »

There will still be nutcases like this peaceful son of islam regardless of whether the troops are killing babies in Iraq. I'm certainly not pro war, but the whole thing is a little deeper than that.

Why was this shithead in the military?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Changed My Mind

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 09:00:38 PM »

I was trying to save face seeing all of the "PLEASE CODY WRITE BACK I WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT ONE THAT'S DED!!!!" crap.

they should disband the army so nothing like this ever happens again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  7 killed in shootings at Fort Hood, Pentagon says

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 33 queries.