Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Worst ads heard during FTL
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst ads heard during FTL  (Read 49767 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst ads heard during FTL
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2011, 10:30:31 PM »

Can we get Tim Lewis back and ditch the "Business Shuiyts" guy?

"We got the whitest business shuiyts for your needs. Come get your business shuiyts. To get a discount on your business shuiyts use promo code ........ ... tuk. Free stitichin' on your white business shuiyts an 8 dollar value so come get some white business shuiyts."
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2011, 09:42:46 AM »

"We got the whitest business shuiyts for your needs. Come get your business shuiyts. To get a discount on your business shuiyts use promo code ........ ... tuk. Free stitichin' on your white business shuiyts an 8 dollar value so come get some white business shuiyts."

Ian and I were talking about what a "puker" that guy is. :)
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:50 PM »

The live read just isn't working, Mark.

I thought maybe you could spice it up a little, personalize it. Maybe you could read it using a peculiar verbalization or something.. maybe you could jazz it up a little and say "shuiyts" instead of the old boring "shirts".

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2011, 11:35:44 PM »

I hate tim lewis.................HATE!

That ON YOUR FEET, welfare wantin', special rights and privileges takin cretin!!!

Dont listen to hellbilly on this one Mark. Please.

Just keep the shoits guy.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2011, 11:37:55 PM »

But whatever you do, until you've made a decision, do not THINK ABOUT SAYING "shuiyts" during the live read. If you THINK ABOUT SAYING "shuiyts" DURING THE LIVE READ then you may end up PRONOUNCING IT LIKE "shuiyts" and you might not want to do that so don't SAY "shuiyts" DURING THE LIVE READ.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2011, 01:05:58 AM »

Shoits shoits shoits shoits shoits!
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2011, 01:23:36 AM »

I'm not complaining about the ad or anything but hearing Mark saying "I've started playing a free online game" reeks of bullshit to me lol. I checked out the game and was kinda hoping it would be a libertarian minecraft ripoff. I have no idea what it is. A trading game?  :?: :?:
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2011, 01:28:39 AM »

I'm not complaining about the ad or anything but hearing Mark saying "I've started playing a free online game" reeks of bullshit to me lol.  

Yeah, all thats missing is "I've started playing a free online game on the world wide web"

Bless his little heart

samjackson

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2011, 03:04:40 AM »

The white dress shirt ad announcer says the word "TUCK" in the most bizarre way I've heard.

Also, what is "Larry's Radio Countdown" and why doesn't it make any sense?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2011, 03:21:21 AM »

The white dress shirt ad announcer says the word "TUCK" in the most bizarre way I've heard.

Also, what is "Larry's Radio Countdown" and why doesn't it make any sense?

If you like to talk to tomatoes
If a squash can make you smile
If you like to waltz with potatoes
Up and down the produce aisle...
Have we got a show for you!
VeggieTaaaaales,
VeggieTaaaaales,
VeggieTaaaaales,
VeggieTaaaaales,
VeggieTaaaaales,
VeggieTaaaaales,
VeggieTaaaaales,
VeggieTaaaaales!

I used to watch all these videos as a kid. Back in Vacation Bible School at the Lutheran church I went to.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »

I'm not complaining about the ad or anything but hearing Mark saying "I've started playing a free online game" reeks of bullshit to me lol. I checked out the game and was kinda hoping it would be a libertarian minecraft ripoff. I have no idea what it is. A trading game?  :?: :?:

I am playing it. I play it everyday. I am still not entirely sure what I am doing, but that is kinda true for me with anything on the internet. What can I do to make the ad sound more authentic?
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »

Just speak from the heart Mark. It always comes off as authentic. Unless of course, you dont like the game. Then embelish where you must.

Wouldn't wanna say "Yeah, im playing this online game and , f--k I dont know, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me yet, but im giving it a shot, and I think you guys should to, so go to www. blah blah blah.com and give it a try.

Just talk about the positives. Make it your own.

There was an old cattle guy from missouri who had a radio show on GCN until his death recently named Derry Brownfield. I remember him talking not too long ago about sponsors and whatnot and he said that he would talk about some product he used while doing the radio show that he wasn't even getting paid to promote, and because he spoke from the heart about it, his listeners knew he was being genuine. He said he would get calls from the makers of that product wanting to "buy" ads in the future due to the response they got from his listeners. He said he got better response from that product than stuff he was actually getting paid to sell on his show simply because he was being genuine about it and was under no pressure to sell it. Something to ponder maybe.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:48:42 AM by quickmike »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2011, 02:42:36 PM »

I am playing it. I play it everyday. I am still not entirely sure what I am doing, but that is kinda true for me with anything on the internet. What can I do to make the ad sound more authentic?

I have no idea. I cant figure out how to play it.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »

Ok, now im curious. I haven't been listening to the show lately so I have no idea about the game is. Whats the link?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »

Shoits shoits shoits shoits shoits!

That's all wrong. It's sshhhuuiyts. Shuiyts. As in "Mark will take his shuiyt off for a dolla bill."

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Worst ads heard during FTL

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.