Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Worst ads heard during FTL
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst ads heard during FTL  (Read 49894 times)

digitalfour

Re: Worst ads heard during FTL
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2010, 09:40:44 PM »

Nature Bee canceled today, effective 6-18-10  :(

I still don't believe it's anything more than a placebo.

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »

No, the spot definitely left some people with a negative reaction.

But I can honestly say that, even though I started skipping forward 90 seconds upon hearing Mike Buck's name after his first three calls, Mark's emoticon makes me genuinely sad that it's over.
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2010, 10:34:45 PM »

Nature Bee canceled today, effective 6-18-10  :(

Yes, but it seems the Universe has opened a pathway for "Tiger Claw Cleaner  !" (or something like that)

RrrraaAAawww!

-- did the NB guy say why?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2010, 11:00:54 PM »

No, the spot definitely left some people with a negative reaction.

But I can honestly say that, even though I started skipping forward 90 seconds upon hearing Mike Buck's name after his first three calls, Mark's emoticon makes me genuinely sad that it's over.

I dont think you understand what a placebo is dude. I think he means the nature-bee stuff is like acupuncture, they may be stabbing you in the back, but its all in your head.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2010, 11:08:42 PM »

I dont think you understand what a placebo is dude. I think he means the nature-bee stuff is like acupuncture, they may be stabbing you in the back, but its all in your head.

I'll admit that changing the referent for "placebo" from the product to its advertisements wasn't a good joke, but this response is still a little over the top. :wink:
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2010, 12:46:38 AM »

What is VA Radio?

They canceled due to lack of sales. Nutritional supplements just don't seem to do that great on FTL. Maybe it is the nature of the audience, more skeptical or maybe we appeal to a younger audience that has less of a need for nutritional supplements.

You would be sad too, if you lost $2400 to $2700 a month :).

It isn't a placebo if you just take the claim that it is a good multi-vitamin. That is proven. Also, the thing that is always claimed about multies is that the body doesn't assimilate them as it does vitamins in food. Nature Bee is food. That right there gives real value to the product. I have already offered to buy Ian's remaining pills. He turned me down. I will be ordering them from Nature Bee when mine are gone. That should speak strongly about how I feel about the product.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2010, 12:54:44 AM »

I'll admit that changing the referent for "placebo" from the product to its advertisements wasn't a good joke, but this response is still a little over the top. :wink:

8)
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2010, 02:06:09 AM »

What is VA Radio?

That commercial with Tim Lewis  about getting benefits for being in the military.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make the airplane"

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2010, 02:15:25 AM »

I'm disappointed the show lost the income, but I'm not disappointed this latest experiment  in avant garde advertising is over.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2010, 02:48:30 AM »

What is VA Radio?

That commercial with Tim Lewis  about getting benefits for being in the military.

Ugh. Least favorite. The content, the way its delivered, UGH!

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »

What is VA Radio?

I do not like the tone of that ad and would not do a live read for it. I have a lower bar for recorded ads.

The Buyer on that ad told me once that we were the best venue she had for that product.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

jacross

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2010, 05:19:31 AM »

WAIT WAIT WAIT?

So you are saying that those Nature Bee ads really were live calls, and not just pretend live calls?

Really?  Really?

My mind is blown.  After a few listens I had come to the conclusion that they were pre recorded pretend live ads. 

I'm sad Mark that you lost the client.  Any cash that goes in your pocket makes my pants happy.  To be honest I skipped those ads on my podcast.  I do have a degree in Nutritional Science so colour me skeptical (or at least the wrong target audience for that product).

I'm really not bothered by the VA Loans program ads.  Maybe it's because I'm an Aussie and thus it doesn't hit close to home.  Maybe it's because I'm a filthy bureaucrat and thus already a whore to the gubmint...

I love the Family Tip ads by Nestle.  I actually find them quite cute and hell I'll drop some cash on Nestle products, particularly Ovaltine (I grew up on that shit).

The Aquasana ad I'm pretty neutral about.  I don't buy the bullshit about flouride in the water (there are different types of flouride, flouride is good for your teeth, it is not raping your mind) but the conspiracy elements of it don't make me go bananas.  I'd never buy that product so again, wrong target audience.

Tiger light ad makes me jealous.  As an Aussie, pepper spray and tasers are ridiculously illegal.  I can't carry anything for the purpose of self defence actually.  I wish I could have a Tiger Light....and a tote a sack.  I should look into that.

I still haven't gotten over that garbled ad about joining the military (it was on I guess about 6 months ago).  Has it ever been revealed what that ad was about?  It was freaky as but really compelling.

As an Aussie I guess I come into the ads pretty benign.  I figure most of the products I can't easily access and as such am not really sold by them.

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2010, 10:25:45 AM »

The Universe saw fit to direct the Tiger Claw to GCN. It is not one of FTL's ads.

Everyone of Mike Buck's calls were live.

The garbled military ad was a bit of performance art done by an artist who likes the show. The website that it one could barely discern was venordene.com.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2010, 03:17:52 PM »

Tiger light ad makes me jealous.  As an Aussie, pepper spray and tasers are ridiculously illegal.  I can't carry anything for the purpose of self defence actually.  I wish I could have a Tiger Light....and a tote a sack.  I should look into that.

Eventually they'll make it illegal to have a sharp stick on your property.  Thanks for reminding us that we haven't lost everything...yet.

feedmeliberty

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2010, 07:44:44 AM »

I love that PCP ad - telling people to call police and ask about PCP. Is there a Youtube video on that? Maybe I heard it on LRN....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Worst ads heard during FTL

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 32 queries.