Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Worst ads heard during FTL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst ads heard during FTL  (Read 49768 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: Worst ads heard during FTL
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »

It'd have to be some damn good beer to pay the shipping on a case. 

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 01:05:34 AM »

Some would say that the only bad ad is the one whose check bounced.  ;)

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 01:45:51 AM »

Don't forget the explosives. They're great at making sure the beer bottles don't bump into each other and break.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 03:24:49 AM »

I LOVE ALL THEIR ADS THEY ARE GREAT FUCK YOU

just helping Jay, he can't be everywhere. 

ForumTroll

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 10:53:18 AM »

lol

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »

Ha!

So who is the "neck voice" anyway? I think it must be the same guy in a few ads I've heard, including an FTL promo.

I don't care much about what the ads are pushing, I kinda have all advertising on a permanent mental automatic tune out- but I do pay attention to how ads are produced.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »

I have a new contender for the "worst ad" category: 1 hour and 44 minutes into the Jan 7th podcast it was mentioned that one advertiser has quit the show specifically because of Ian's rational position on child sexuality.  Any idea which advertiser that was?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 01:29:00 AM »

I have a new contender for the "worst ad" category: 1 hour and 44 minutes into the Jan 7th podcast it was mentioned that one advertiser has quit the show specifically because of Ian's rational position on child sexuality.  Any idea which advertiser that was?
The Free State Project?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 01:45:14 AM »

:shock:

Can anyone confirm?

I guess that would be another example of FSP Inc being an irrelevant fly on the back of the real Free State Project - a decentralized movement that it doesn't control or intrinsically motivate.

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 02:49:51 AM »

I have a new contender for the "worst ad" category: 1 hour and 44 minutes into the Jan 7th podcast it was mentioned that one advertiser has quit the show specifically because of Ian's rational position on child sexuality.  Any idea which advertiser that was?
The Free State Project?

I'm a little behind on the podcasts, but if it's the FSP you would have noticed there absence in ads by now right?  Or do you think contracts have to carry out for the time allotted, then they'll peace out?

More likely it's the "our family tips",
You know the one  that goes, (paraphrasing from memory):

"Our tip today is how to get your child to eat healthy food.  At dinner time give your child a choice between two healthy options.  Chances are, it's not the food he's against but rather being forced to eat something he has no choice about, so give them the choice between brussels sprouts and their boyfriends jism. This tip was brought to you by blah blah blah."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:55:33 AM by WidespreadPanic »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 04:15:15 AM »

:shock:

Can anyone confirm?

I guess that would be another example of FSP Inc being an irrelevant fly on the back of the real Free State Project - a decentralized movement that it doesn't control or intrinsically motivate.

If they drop FTL they'll cease to exist in a year.  I mean, they'd still be an entity, but like who cares. 

In other words, I agree with Alex. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 04:29:50 AM »

I have a new contender for the "worst ad" category: 1 hour and 44 minutes into the Jan 7th podcast it was mentioned that one advertiser has quit the show specifically because of Ian's rational position on child sexuality.  Any idea which advertiser that was?
The Free State Project?

I'm a little behind on the podcasts, but if it's the FSP you would have noticed there absence in ads by now right?  Or do you think contracts have to carry out for the time allotted, then they'll peace out?

More likely it's the "our family tips",
You know the one  that goes, (paraphrasing from memory):

"Our tip today is how to get your child to eat healthy food.  At dinner time give your child a choice between two healthy options.  Chances are, it's not the food he's against but rather being forced to eat something he has no choice about, so give them the choice between brussels sprouts and their boyfriends jism. This tip was brought to you by blah blah blah."

I was just kidding. You may be right about the fam tips.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 08:31:46 PM »

"Quietus" - the tinnitus remedy.

This was also the name of the Gov. issued suicide kit seen in the movie Children of Men :)

Also.. the damn neck voice. I just heard it announcing the call in numbers for the show.. "grrblegrrrbbb grrbbe gggggrrrbble 9231"
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »

Our family tip today is how to pimp out your seven year old daughter so that you can get on the Maury show.

This makeup manufactured by Nestle, "Whore Rouge," is perfect for giving your kid the confidence of an adult as well as bringing sexy back. Make sure to give her a choice whether to have it applied by Daddy or for the makeup gun to be used on her face.

Remember, today's family tip is brought to you by Nestle, which didn't quite understand what advertising on a libertarian talk show meant.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »

Our family tip today is how to pimp out your seven year old daughter so that you can get on the Maury show.

This makeup manufactured by Nestle, "Whore Rouge," is perfect for giving your kid the confidence of an adult as well as bringing sexy back. Make sure to give her a choice whether to have it applied by Daddy or for the makeup gun to be used on her face.

Remember, today's family tip is brought to you by Nestle, which didn't quite understand what advertising on a libertarian talk show meant.
lol you love those ads don't you?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Worst ads heard during FTL

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.