Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Winter Vitamin D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter Vitamin D  (Read 17538 times)

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Vitamin D
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »

Maybe Ian tends to an indoor weed garden while nude.

Quite possible. Well, actually, I saw him with his shirt off in that topless protest video, so probably not.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 11:22:23 AM by Dylboz »
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

sandm000

• View Profile

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 04:22:43 PM »

When it comes to supplements, always look for D3. It's the most bio-available and ready to metabolize form. Others require enzymatic conversion and are therefore less effective.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Dylboznia

BonerJoe

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »

When it comes to supplements, always look for D3. It's the most bio-available and ready to metabolize form. Others require enzymatic conversion and are therefore less effective.

Borderline spam.

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 05:24:43 PM »

No, it's actually true. You want me to really spam it up with links? 'Cause I got 'em. Even Wikipedia says so.

"Vitamin D2 (made from ergosterol) is produced by invertebrates, fungus and plants in response to UV irradiation; it is not produced by vertebrates."

So, D2 is for invertebrates like yourself, BJ, and other fungi. D3 is for vertebrate animals, like us humans.

Dylboznia

BonerJoe

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 05:31:17 PM »

Molyneux rox.

fatcat

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »

Most breakfast cereals are fortified with broad spectrum of vitamins, often vitamin D is included.

Milk is also packed with the shit.

In many countries, such foods as milk, yogurt, margarine, oil spreads, breakfast cereal, pastries, and bread are fortified with vitamin D2 and/or vitamin D3, to minimize the risk of vitamin D deficiency.[21] In the United States and Canada, for example, fortified milk typically provides 100 IU per glass, or a quarter of the estimated adequate intake for adults over age 50

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »

Dylboznia

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »

Most breakfast cereals are fortified with broad spectrum of vitamins, often vitamin D is included.

Milk is also packed with the shit.

In many countries, such foods as milk, yogurt, margarine, oil spreads, breakfast cereal, pastries, and bread are fortified with vitamin D2 and/or vitamin D3, to minimize the risk of vitamin D deficiency.[21] In the United States and Canada, for example, fortified milk typically provides 100 IU per glass, or a quarter of the estimated adequate intake for adults over age 50

I hate milk AND cereal. I put cream in my coffee, and use milk in some recipes, that's it. Most cereal is just sugar in colorful shapes. Yuck.

Dylboznia

BonerJoe

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 07:12:58 PM »

I hate milk AND cereal. I put cream in my coffee, and use milk in some recipes, that's it. Most cereal is just sugar in colorful shapes. Yuck.

Then stop fuckin' whining and get a suntan. Make sure you do it naked to maximize your Vitamin Deek.

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »

Yes sir!  :shock: I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Google earth cameras aren't looking when I do.

Dylboznia

Changed My Mind

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 05:52:35 AM »

1)  Vitamin D milk

2)  Please find me the last time it reached -25 in NH.  Otherwise admit you were just exaggerating.

3)  The Puff and Stuff was one of a few people who actually did go out in winter in a swimsuit.

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2009, 12:19:12 AM »

1) It has D2, so it's almost useless.

2) Yeah, I was exaggerating, who fucking cares? I don't live there, I have no idea how cold it gets, accuracy wasn't the point. I said already whether it's -25° or +25°, no one goes outside half naked in winter, not even here in sunny Arizona. That's what's required for natural vitamin D manufacture in your skin.

3) OK. A few bathing suited minutes outside, one day in the middle winter, does not a sufficient winter-long supply of vitamin D make.

Finally, NOT A SINGLE ONE of your points is relevant to the thread. Go back and read the first post. I started this thread because the 3 hosts were talking about getting vitamin D in winter, and while they went off in various tangential directions, they all failed to mention that the natural mechanism for your body to produce it requires exposing a significant portion of your naked flesh to direct sunlight, which is largely unavailable in northern climates during the winter, for various reasons, only some of which they covered. I was annoyed that they failed to mention that most important point, especially because Ian acted like the sun just being out, whether he was exposed to it or not, was sufficient. It isn't.

Milk, supplements, sun lamps, none of them are actually relevant here. I wasn't talking about the alternatives. I was talking about the conversation they were having on that particular show, wherein they failed to recognize the natural mechanism which makes vitamin D in your body, and why most people get deficient in winter time.

Dylboznia

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2009, 12:25:12 AM »

get some good cod liver oil, get your omega 3 and vitamin D, I believe red clover has vitamin D too, if it grows wild near you

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2009, 12:40:34 AM »

Any old Vitamin D pill will do.  Don't be silly.  Do some winter sports.  Seriously.  It's not a big deal.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Winter Vitamin D

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.