Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Why do you continue to pursue the "conpiracy theory" vendetta?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do you continue to pursue the "conpiracy theory" vendetta?  (Read 8454 times)

CertainQuirk

• View Profile
Re: Why do you continue to pursue the "conpiracy theory" vendetta?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 09:26:10 PM »

I don't visit the BBS very often but I've been loyal to FTL for a long time. Besides a handful of items I have nothing but respect and appreciation.

Posting in this BBS is like a shark attack, and I can definitely be short-fused. Whatever. Apologies for being short, but I stand by what I said nonetheless. A few of you guys need to chill too. Don't care what you say about it.

I'm prob out of here for the next however many months anyway or til whenever the next time "the boys" piss me off enough to want to say something. But hopefully, peace all.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 08:19:37 AM »

I have locked horns with Shaw as much as anybody and I didn't notice much impoliteness from him this time.

david

• View Profile
    • The Electronic Cigarette Forum
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 01:15:06 PM »

I hate it when the conspiracy people call. It's a waste of my time.

Here's the fact on all conspiracies.

If a large organization was running everything and had the power to blow-up the world trade center or to add mind altering drugs to jet gasoline or to be lizard people living amongst us or to do some of these other conspiracies that would require hundreds of minions, is it not safe to assume that they would also have the power to take down a website?

Take the spare change boys. Those three guys would have been picked up, black-hooded and dumped in the ocean with cement shoes within days of releasing their video. Their website would have been taken down. Everything they owned gathered up and destroyed. Nothing would have remained of them. It all would have been done under the tag national security and not a single news agency would have reported it. You would not even know that they existed.

Since they are still running around, it is safe to assume that they have not exposed anything. No power feels threatened because it is all cherry-picked nonsense that's been debunked all over the internet.

The same with the chem trail people. They are still running around unharmed.

The truth is that these conspiracy sites are running a business and making money off these ideas. That's what they do. Like religious organizations making money off selling heaven and hell, these guys make money off of exposing the master plan.

They do it because there is profit in doing it.

Americans are so undereducated and have such a lack of critical thinking power, it is easy to sell these bs ideas to US people on a massive scan. We believe practically anything we hear.

My suggestion to the conspiracy nut jobs that keep calling the show and making the show laughable and second-rate is, buy the book "Irrationality" by Stuart Sutherland and learn some basic thinking concepts. Learn how to think. Then call about something serious like the drug war, drones, the patriot act, police brutality, prisons, torture, corruption, etc... We don't need fantasy, unprovable evils to worry about. There's tons of evil stuff going on that we can prove are happening.

Stop wasting our time!
eCigs.net - The Electronic Cigarette Forum

cvramen

• View Profile
    • Pokebit
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 01:33:57 AM »

he slips in a reaffirmation FTL's motto of calling in about anything. However, the damage is done by now. The caller's credibility is in question because he dares to mention chemtrails.

What is it Ian? FTL?
I think that Ian just wants his show to not be a boring piece of crap that about 9 people in the world want to listen to.
Imagine some alternate reality where, 10 years ago, Ian decided that FTL should have no regard for whether each call was entertaining, informative, or relevant. That would've been a disaster.

Read those 4 stories and answer these questions:

1. Are the stories legitimate?
2. Do they describe chemtrailing?

If you answered these with "yes" then:

3. Why do you continue to pursue the "conspiracy theory" vendetta?

If you answered the first 2 questions with "no" then you're full of it and you're dismissed.

Repost on Twitter: @certainquirk
Edit: Emperor is the correct spelling, of course.
I don't think that all of us (and especially the people directly involved in keeping FTL functioning) have the time to be research staff.
Remember, today's family tip is brought to you by Nestle, which didn't quite understand what advertising on a libertarian talk show meant.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 04:16:54 PM »

I give the  theories what I call the "three point" test. I just don't have the time to spend hours researching every crackpot conspiracy theory that the nuts roll out. So, I ask for the best three proofs, and then look into those. If they turn out to be bullshit, then please don't even suggest any further "evidence."
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »

I give the  theories what I call the "three point" test. I just don't have the time to spend hours researching every crackpot conspiracy theory that the nuts roll out. So, I ask for the best three proofs, and then look into those. If they turn out to be bullshit, then please don't even suggest any further "evidence."

Yeah but DO THE HOMEWORK BRO!!!

Seriously. Dead on Mikey. *Brofist*
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Why do you continue to pursue the "conpiracy theory" vendetta?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 32 queries.