Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Wayne mentioned solar panels
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wayne mentioned solar panels  (Read 3030 times)

sandm000

• View Profile
Wayne mentioned solar panels
« on: September 03, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »

On last night's show Wayne said you could get an $18,000 system for $2,200.

Is there any more information available?

davidcnoel

Re: Wayne mentioned solar panels
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 12:51:23 PM »

Wayne,

I would love to hear more about this as well.  How do all the federal and New Hampshire credits/rebates "stack" to go from $18,000 to $2,200?

fields2grand

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 06:56:48 PM »

This is the best deal i can find.  http://sunelec.com/index.php?main_page=1600_grid_tie_system   This is without rebates of any kind.  Hell of a deal IMO

akaPoorRichard

• a more perfect union
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 08:36:42 PM »

How do you clear snow off of your solar panels? That's what I want to know.
Keith in PA

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 09:21:21 PM »

I think that they are warm (from the heat) so that should melt it...maybe.

I almost went for a major in Alternative Energy, and still have people sending me info about it. The biggest hurdle facing solar power right now is the problem of too much heat in the process (think energy transfer = heat). Once they figure out how to cool everything down better the panels will become smaller and cheaper very quickly. I'd wait to buy any because from what I hear through rumors they are very close to figuring out a solution.

Perhaps I can hook you guys up with some links, I havent really read into this stuff all summer so maybe they made it by now.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

galets

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 12:55:58 AM »

This is the best deal i can find.  http://sunelec.com/index.php?main_page=1600_grid_tie_system   This is without rebates of any kind.  Hell of a deal IMO

It is actually not bad at all!!! Although I would need a bigger one, at least 4KW system, it's not that bad either: $13,366.00

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 01:06:26 AM »

I think that they are warm (from the heat) so that should melt it...maybe.

I almost went for a major in Alternative Energy, and still have people sending me info about it. The biggest hurdle facing solar power right now is the problem of too much heat in the process (think energy transfer = heat). Once they figure out how to cool everything down better the panels will become smaller and cheaper very quickly. I'd wait to buy any because from what I hear through rumors they are very close to figuring out a solution.

Perhaps I can hook you guys up with some links, I havent really read into this stuff all summer so maybe they made it by now.
That's one problem, another is efficiency.  My physical chemistry professor is working on solving that issue by using silver granules that change color when different intensity photons are shined on them.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

FTL_Wayne

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 06:25:41 PM »

Wayne here. Check this out:

http://www.clearmountainsolar.com/wp1/?p=370

Depending on what state you live in, your mileage may vary.

BonerJoe

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 07:25:06 PM »

Looks like welfare to me. No thanks.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 09:12:10 PM »

I donno man, those are tax credits.  Not really arguing, but it reads like you do this and that, the gov't takes less taxes.  I'm okay with that, in my two-second read-through.  I think. 

If I was doing solar and wind, which I may eventually do in between now and the yacht, I'd absolutely fill out some papers so the goddamn government takes less.  If only so my meter turns backwards and nobody can see my true electric consumption. 

galets

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 11:28:39 PM »

I contacted the guys, they are not installing panels themselves, contractors install it instead. here's something I learned:

1) To get tax rebates and other incentives, you must have licensed contractor install 'em
2) for the same reason you must have city/county approve the stuff, and then power company
3) all of that pretty much doubles the cost of the installation before rebates. After rebates, it is still not bad, but significantly (several times) more pricey than I counted before. Although w/o rebates it would even more pricey.

4.8 KW system (worth ~15K) would be ~30K. Also, I don't know how good of a luck the whole rebate thing is, especially from government. Vendors say they would eat the utility company incentive and take check directly from them, but tax rebates are on you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Wayne mentioned solar panels

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 33 queries.