Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Water Fluoridation
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water Fluoridation  (Read 5966 times)

The Anarchia Virus

• View Profile
Re: Water Fluoridation
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 02:46:39 AM »

I've never really thought about the fluoride thing and I don't know how we could ever tell that people are more docile now because of fluoride. Are there studies that show significant differences between similar counties/cities where one uses fluoride and the other doesn't?

I'm not an expert on the science of this stuff, and even if I was, I don't think the precise physical and behavioral effects are known at this point.  But that hardly counts in favor of the pro-fluoride crowd.  Inconclusive data is all the more reason to avoid consumption, not mandate it.

This is all digression though -- it's already been openly admitted by the very bureaucracy pushing water fluoridation, the HHS, that the science is nebulous, fluoride poisoning is a reality, and the System was wrong in past recommended concentration levels.  This is open duplicity.  No "conspiracy theory" necessary.

AND AGAIN - the simple fact that state-mandated water fluoridation violates the non-aggression principle is the only reason we actually need to oppose the practice.

But the (limited) science - the reality that, yes, it is somewhat harmful - makes it a notable priority IMHO.  It's obviously not the top priority, or more important than the war(s), economic crisis, etc. -- but it is important.  Certainly more than Ron Paul....

...MIGHT wanna check your local water companies website and see if they fluoridate their water.  Its pretty easy to do with a little Googling. 

Interesting fact - not everyone who is on "city water" has fluoridated water. 

They are required to report it.  And since a lot of busybodies routinely send off samples to be independently verified, their reports can typically be believed.  Thats one of the nice things about living in 'amerika', we have "science", and people who are capable of performing it.

In fact, its so easy to test water, you'd have to be an idiot to have trouble finding a reputable water-testing place  -- since it's a requirement of drilling a well. 

Moreover, the question has been raised, regarding a statistical cross-section of the psychology of fluoridated citizens versus non-fluoridated citizens. 

The answer is, people who own wells, or are on a small-time rural system (like me)..  Which is pretty fucking common. 

I get it.  You don't drink fluoridated water so you don't have to worry about it.  Congratulations.  Doesn't mean you have to belittle the issue in general.  I have checked with my local water plant, and the lady there acknowledged that they fluoridate above the "safe" limit, and the water tested positive for uranium as well.  She told me that she is personally against adding the fluoride chemical, but bureaucratic red tape basically prevents them from making any changes without approval from the proper authorities, and I guess they have to wait until the next inspection (which is summertime I believe) for that to possibly happen...

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 03:16:55 AM »

I've never really thought about the fluoride thing and I don't know how we could ever tell that people are more docile now because of fluoride. Are there studies that show significant differences between similar counties/cities where one uses fluoride and the other doesn't?

I'm not an expert on the science of this stuff, and even if I was, I don't think the precise physical and behavioral effects are known at this point.  But that hardly counts in favor of the pro-fluoride crowd.  Inconclusive data is all the more reason to avoid consumption, not mandate it.

This is all digression though -- it's already been openly admitted by the very bureaucracy pushing water fluoridation, the HHS, that the science is nebulous, fluoride poisoning is a reality, and the System was wrong in past recommended concentration levels.  This is open duplicity.  No "conspiracy theory" necessary.

AND AGAIN - the simple fact that state-mandated water fluoridation violates the non-aggression principle is the only reason we actually need to oppose the practice.

But the (limited) science - the reality that, yes, it is somewhat harmful - makes it a notable priority IMHO.  It's obviously not the top priority, or more important than the war(s), economic crisis, etc. -- but it is important.  Certainly more than Ron Paul....

...MIGHT wanna check your local water companies website and see if they fluoridate their water.  Its pretty easy to do with a little Googling. 

Interesting fact - not everyone who is on "city water" has fluoridated water. 

They are required to report it.  And since a lot of busybodies routinely send off samples to be independently verified, their reports can typically be believed.  Thats one of the nice things about living in 'amerika', we have "science", and people who are capable of performing it.

In fact, its so easy to test water, you'd have to be an idiot to have trouble finding a reputable water-testing place  -- since it's a requirement of drilling a well. 

Moreover, the question has been raised, regarding a statistical cross-section of the psychology of fluoridated citizens versus non-fluoridated citizens. 

The answer is, people who own wells, or are on a small-time rural system (like me)..  Which is pretty fucking common. 

I get it.  You don't drink fluoridated water so you don't have to worry about it.  Congratulations.  Doesn't mean you have to belittle the issue in general.  I have checked with my local water plant, and the lady there acknowledged that they fluoridate above the "safe" limit, and the water tested positive for uranium as well.  She told me that she is personally against adding the fluoride chemical, but bureaucratic red tape basically prevents them from making any changes without approval from the proper authorities, and I guess they have to wait until the next inspection (which is summertime I believe) for that to possibly happen...

I've forgotten more about utility companies than you'll learn in a hundred lifetimes. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 08:09:22 AM »

If you want to know what is in the tap water, find the Annual Drinking Water Quality Report for your water district. It is a requirement of the Safe Drinking Water Act. When I was living in Houston they sent it to me every year.

This place has a list of 4,185 cities/counties poisoning residents with fluoride:

http://www.just-think-it.com/the-f-db.htm

"Two-thirds of US public drinking water is fluoridated.

43 of the top 50 U.S. cities (by population) are fluoridated. (view the list)

About 330 million people in the world drink artificially fluoridated water. 200 million live in the U.S., 50 million in Brazil (33% of pop.), 40 million in the Soviet Union (15% of pop.), 9% of the U.K.'s pop. 66% of Australia's and New Zealand's, and 50% of Canada's. (source)"

If you're starting at 700ppm

700ppm...wtf?
s. (source)

lol.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Tom Foppiano

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 04:06:57 PM »

If you're starting at 700ppm

700ppm...wtf?

My water is 160ppm out of the tap. My old house was 300ppm. And my friend's water is 1000ppm. These are all TDS, not just fluoride.
It might not be very big around, but it sure is short!

BonerJoe

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »

Here in Manchester, the city water is around 12ppm TDS. Stinks like chloramines, though.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 04:11:23 AM »

I only drink filtered water to avoid all they crap that ends up in tap water, or I just drink straight grain alcohol.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 09:49:53 AM »

I'm with Beetlejuice on this one.

He doesn't like flouride either.

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Water Fluoridation

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.