Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Wasn't that Alex Jones calling in to May 23rd show?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wasn't that Alex Jones calling in to May 23rd show?  (Read 6319 times)

lspooner

Wasn't that Alex Jones calling in to May 23rd show?
« on: May 24, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »

Alex from Texas called in to May 23rd's show at about 45:40.  I'm pretty sure it was Alex Jones.

NHArticleTen

Re: Wasn't that Alex Jones calling in to May 23rd show?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:01:22 AM »

I seriously doubt it...

there are quite a few people who impersonate AJ's voice to a "T"...

enjoy!

lspooner

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »

I seriously doubt it...

enjoy!

I'm 99 and  44/100% sure that was him.  It wasn't just his voice but the content of his comments.  Plus he plugged a radio station.  Only a radio guy would do that.

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »

Wow, yeah, if that's not him it's gotta be a deliberate impersonation, and a darn good one...  

NHArticleTen

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:11:24 AM »

I seriously doubt it...

enjoy!

I'm 99 and  44/100% sure that was him.  It wasn't just his voice but the content of his comments.  Plus he plugged a radio station.  Only a radio guy would do that.

again...

I have personally witnessed/heard/seen AJ impersonator(s) and some of them are 99.98 percent indistinguishable from the original...in voice AND content...

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »

I'm very excited by this.  I used to be a big-time Alex Jones fan, and I still have a lot of respect for him, in spite of the bullshit he sometimes pedals.  Like my sig on the JREF forum says,

"Conspiracy theories are a mental illness that people experience when they sense the evil of the government they've been brainwashed to love, so they project this evil onto someone or something else."

Helping those people see that government (all government) is the problem is the cure.

level.eleven

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »

It was Alex Jones.  I was listening online and after they cut for commercial the board op/call screener messed up and put the line  between him and Ian live.   He said, "I have Alex Jones on the line with a comment about WWII.  He wants to be ananimous, do you want to take it?"

When they came back, he was announced as "Alex in Tennesee driving along and listening."

Before AJ hung up, he plugged a radio station "down here in Austin". 

Why the annonimity and the deception? :(

Njal

• Anarcho-Rodent
  • Being better than you for 30 years!
    • View Profile
    • High North Alliance
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 06:27:24 PM »

Dammit, I THOUGHT I heard that!

Nice to know I am cool after all  8)
Don't be that guy.

zackbass

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 01:34:18 PM »

It was Alex Jones.  I was listening online and after they cut for commercial the board op/call screener messed up and put the line  between him and Ian live.   He said, "I have Alex Jones on the line with a comment about WWII.  He wants to be ananimous, do you want to take it?"
When they came back, he was announced as "Alex in Tennesee driving along and listening."

Here's what I seem to recall of that call:
Did he or did he not claim that the U.S. Government was working on the Atomic Bomb 18 months before they declared war on Japan?
If so, that is contradicted by this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_Project
A British committee, the MAUD Committee, concluded that an atomic bomb was "not only feasible, it was inevitable." Their reports were sent to Briggs, but were ignored. One of the members of the MAUD Committee, Mark Oliphant, flew to the United States in late August 1941 to find out why the U.S. was ignoring the MAUD Committee's findings.

I have paid some attention to this part of history through the years because my father was General Groves's Aide until Groves went to the Manhattan Project... and my middle name is the same as Einstein's son's name, with the unusual spelling.

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »

Um, several Wikipedia articles (Manhattan Project, Nukes and U.S., etc) state that the U.S. nuclear research was started in 1939, specifically on October 21st.  U.S. didn't officially declare war on Japan until December 8th, 1941.  I guess it was just a disagreement over the degree of commitment.

gRegor

• geek
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • gRegorLove.com
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 03:05:10 PM »

He was announced as "Alex in Texas", actually.  No deception there.

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 12:39:57 PM »

I don't listen to him anymore, but I downloaded a few shows after he called FTL out of curiosity, and heard him bashing some "local" talk shows for making fun of conspiracy theorists.

I wonder what he thinks of FTL...

level.eleven

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »

I don't listen to him anymore, but I downloaded a few shows after he called FTL out of curiosity, and heard him bashing some "local" talk shows for making fun of conspiracy theorists.

This...GCN helps their own.  There is money in each taking shots at one another just like there is money in O'Reily and Oberman exchanging barbs.

spicynujac

• Fasism Sucks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2009, 03:43:13 AM »

I just listened to this show and I'm pretty sure it was Alex.  A few minutes later a caller even calls in asks "Do you know who that caller Alex was?" and Ian says that sounded like Alex Jones to me.  By the way, it was a pretty interesting show.  A total pro-war psycho calls in and SCREAMS INTO THE PHONE around 1:05 and is pretty clueless about history and war and 9/11.  I think the Saturday shows are my favorite as it gets most of the right wing conservatives that are on a lot of the Rush Limbaugh AM stations calling in.

M83

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 04:10:04 AM »

He said "Hey, you guys have a great show.  We enjoy having it on [radio station]" at the end of the call.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Wasn't that Alex Jones calling in to May 23rd show?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.