Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .  (Read 14525 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alice2

  • Guest
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« on: November 11, 2004, 11:53:05 PM »

Where's the other 165 registered users?  Been driven off by the bottom-fish?

(effin'newcomer flamer!)
Logged

FTL_Ian

  • Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10446
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 02:25:38 PM »

In anything in life, 20% do all of the work, while 80% sit on their ass.  This is called the 80/20 rule.

In the case of web-forums, 20% (or less) do all the posting, the other 80% "lurk".

Also, posts generate posts, so the fact that you are here posting, entices others to post, enticing others to join, and helps grow this BBS.

With patience and participation, this BBS could be hopping.

Regards,
Ian
Logged
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Lindsey

  • Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30370
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 05:05:06 PM »

I don't post because I don't have anything interesting or relevant to say :-P

I have now successfully wasted a minute of your time by posting.  Yay!
Logged
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Alice2

  • Guest
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 10:37:54 PM »

I didn't know how long this board's been around, but I have a number of topics I think would be interesting to add, if people are interested in actually discussing something.  I will give it a shot.  (I am constantly hitting the wrong key tonite since I spilled coffee on my keyboard today and have to use the one that came with my brand new computer.  So I'm not up to speed until I go get another 20 year old dusty clicky keyboard from our surplus store.)

(What the heck is the Windows key for anyway?)

:)
Logged

Jason

  • Guest
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 05:19:57 PM »

Well Spice it up and stop bitchin !!!!
Logged

Lindsey

  • Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30370
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 10:48:17 PM »

*Looks at the previous post*  Hmm...random capitalization, blatant overuse of exclamation points, and a space between the statement and the punctuation.  NO.  Maybe if people didn't say things that are completely unnecessary and sometimes derogatory, we might have more posts on this board.  We're not here to call each other gay or tell each other to quit bitchin'.  Notice my apostrophe.  Yay for me.  We're here to have intelligent debates about various issues.  Yay for us.  Stop posting things that need to be edited in order not to cause annoyance :-P
Logged
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Jason

  • Guest
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 09:02:13 PM »

Quote from: Custin
wow...someone takes internet forums way too seriously ^


Quote from: Lindsey
I don't post because I don't have anything interesting or relevant to say :-P

I have now successfully wasted a minute of your time by posting.  Yay!


Well i just gave you something to talk about didn't I? Calm down
Logged

Lindsey

  • Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30370
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 05:57:41 AM »

No, you just gave me multiple reasons to delete you :-P
Logged
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Alice2

  • Guest
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 01:18:27 AM »

Ah, Lindsey, Jason likes this topic!  Leave him here --- this is a great place for him to be!
 8)

But --- having that DELETE button must be a very powerful feeling.

Totally awesome, man!
 :shock:
Logged

Jason

  • Guest
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 05:52:52 PM »

here we go!!!!
Logged

Jason

  • Guest
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 05:55:07 PM »

Lindsey,
You know what, if deleting me makes you feel any better about yourself go right ahead. I certainly would'nt lose any sleep about not being in this forum any more! Its quite disappointing how a little group of people in here take over so those 165 other members are afraid to post anything! Congratulations Ian on selecting a handful of assholes to ruin your forum!! Take care Lindsey, oh wow your power in a forum must be really stressful! You should take a vacation because by the looks of your pic you look a little FAT!! See ya fatty! Ever heard of a treadmill ,you look a little fat in the face babe sorry to be the one to break it to you. Im done with this stupid ass forum!  Oh yeah Dorey you can blow a fat one too!! Lindsey go ahead talk about how unintelligent I am and how my punctuation is in the wrong place, because thats all women know how to do is bitch and nitpick to make themselves feel better. Oh theres another issue you can rant and rave about later. One last thing Lindsey, have fun with your delete button BITCH! Made fun of when you are in high school sweetheart, you have to take it out on other people by threatening to delete them, wow what power!!!  I'll save you the satisfaction!!!
Logged

Jason

  • Guest
Re: This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 06:39:50 PM »

Where's the other 165 registered users?  Been driven off by the bottom-fish?

 hmm....... I wonder!!!! Maybe sittin back watching Lindsey abuse her power!
Logged

Jason

  • Guest
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 06:47:51 PM »

IAN WROTE:In anything in life, 20% do all of the work, while 80% sit on their ass.  This is called the 80/20 rule.

In the case of web-forums, 20% (or less) do all the posting, the other 80% "lurk".


I disagree!! Not if your doing things right and watch what moderators you put in charge and not just because you think they are hot and if thats the case you need some glasses because honestly Lindsey needs some work!! Starting to question this place!!
Logged

Lindsey

  • Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30370
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2004, 07:19:46 PM »

You fucking ignoramus.  I CAN'T delete you from this message board.  I meant deleting you from the face of the planet, anyhow.  Don't try and insult me here to look cool like everybody else, because you're not funny.  At least make it moderately humorous if you're going to insult someone.  Once again, this forum is not a place in which to hurdle personal insults, and if you can't take a fucking joke, don't post.  Especially three times in a row.  At the top of your post, there is a button where you can EDIT your post, in case you forgot to include something the first time, or find an error that bugs you.  And just so you know, the only times I have even USED the privilage of moderator on this forum is to go through and make someone's post easier to read by punctuating it or correcting a spelling error or two.  And of course, to delete Dorey's bump threads, but that was by order of Ian.  I don't see that as a crime until Ian tells me differently.  And now, for my mudslinging of the night.  Shut your Goddamned mouth before someone punches you in the teeth.

ENOUGH.
Logged
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Torgo

  • Radio Monkey
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 800
    • View Profile
    • Torgo Is Jesus - The Blog
This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2004, 07:29:26 PM »

Lindsey wrote:

Quote
We're here to have intelligent debated about various issues.



I fixed that typo for you.   You can thank me with sexual favors.

-Scott
Logged
Last 5 Songs Played...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  This Forum kinda Sucks right now . . .

// ]]>

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 60 queries.