Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The Nut Job that runs NaturalNews.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Nut Job that runs NaturalNews.com  (Read 13120 times)

AL the Inconspicuous

Re: The Nut Job that runs NaturalNews.com
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 11:38:34 PM »

No matter how many people insult me, 2 + 2 still adds up to 4, and they will not change my mind except through logic.

Scott in Winnipeg

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 12:32:14 AM »

I never implied that Mike Adams was a saint, but I do agree with his "Health Tips" on most issues,

Really? Like these gems.?

Take absolutely no prescription drugs or pharmaceuticals whatsoever

Yeah, who needs antibitocis to clear up infections? Or insulin for your diabetes, it's drugs after all.

No visits to M.D.s or western medical doctors (visit naturopathic physicians only)

And what the hell will a naturopath do for you when you have a gunshot wound? Or cancer? Any any real medical condition?

There is so much more bullshit on that list I can't even stomach it. People like that kill others by spouting their nonsense.

rwwright

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 09:38:15 AM »

People like that kill others by spouting their nonsense.

Only the deserving.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »

Really? Like these gems.?  [...]

I always choose my words very carefully.  I've said "most", which logically only implies more than half the items on that list.  You'd have to provide more than just a handful of counter-scientific examples from that list to prove me wrong, and you just won't find that many.

I could even make a semantic argument and defend every single point on that list!  It is science that makes good medicine effective, not pieces of paper like government-approved degrees and prescriptions.  Have you seen my "tax resister diet" thread?  I'd much rather go to an unlicensed doctor with a good reputation than an Obamacare bureaucrat who'd refuse to take cash and turn me in for not filling out the insurance forms correctly!

But, what's far more important is that the items on that list are not backed by force, they simply describe the Health Ranger's wellness philosophy - which you are free to ignore and ridicule.  People have a right to choose their own wellness philosophy, whether you agree with it or not!

Scott in Winnipeg

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »

Only the deserving.

No, people don't deserve to be defrauded.

davann

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »

Only the deserving.

No, people don't deserve to be defrauded.

I disagree. People do deserve to be defrauded and it is actually healthy in some cases. It can be a great learning tool.

Like an old lady falling for a con on the phone. Next time she will just join a bridge group if she wants some one to talk to.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:40:19 PM by davann »

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 04:43:18 PM »

Fraud is a serious allegation.  Do you have a single nanogram of evidence to back it up?

Scott in Winnipeg

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 11:02:31 AM »

Fraud is a serious allegation.  Do you have a single nanogram of evidence to back it up?

Mike Adams and his NaturalNews website advocate homeapathy, that's enough evidence right there.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 02:14:16 PM »

Homeopathy - the most cost-effective placebo effect you can get.  :lol:

Minuscule doses "of what ails you" may not have a proven scientific benefit, but some people clearly prefer the practice for psychological and other subjective reasons.  Furthermore, homeopathic solutions are often provided in a nurturing environment where the customer is made to feel good.  Modern medicine is the chewy entrée of the wellness process which fails to address most people's emotional needs, so it's no wonder that some people need some side-dishes to make it go down better.  Accusing sellers of homeopathic solutions of fraud is no different than accusing necktie manufacturers of fraud because neckties provide no warmth!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:16:44 PM by Alex Libman »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »

Accusing sellers of homeopathic solutions of fraud is no different than accusing necktie manufacturers of fraud because neckties provide no warmth!

That would make sense if people expected neckties to provide warmth, because manufacturers claimed that they do.  I haven't visited that reality, however. 

Scott in Winnipeg

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 04:05:58 PM »

Accusing sellers of homeopathic solutions of fraud is no different than accusing necktie manufacturers of fraud because neckties provide no warmth!

If you claim that your product produces effect A when it has been proven to not, that is fraud.

Scott in Winnipeg

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »

And of course the geniuses at NaturalNews.com are anti-vacination, even in the face of a massive amount of evidence as to the efficacy of vacines, such as this...

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/362/4/289

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 05:15:45 PM »

(1)  There's a myriad of publications and Web-sites that debunk the efficacy of homeopathy.  The people selling homeopathy can do nothing to silence them.  The FDA already imposes limits on the claims homeopathy providers can make.  If there's a wide-spread practice of putting "real FDA-approved medicine" stickers on homeopathic products then it's news to me.  In other words, your allegations of fraud amount to nothing but intolerance of human stupidity, a form of bigotry no less vile than any other.  Homeopathy a cultural practice, no different from any other form of religion.  Stupid people have rights too!

(2)  There are massive amounts of evidence that vaccines are not cost-effective for every individual (counting all of the costs and risks involved), which is how the question ought to be framed.  Exposure to sources of contagion, reactions to vaccines, and other side-effects vary from individual to individual.  For millions of people taking a vaccine would be against their own personal interest.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2010, 03:25:14 AM »

(1)  There's a myriad of publications and Web-sites that debunk the efficacy of homeopathy.  The people selling homeopathy can do nothing to silence them.  The FDA already imposes limits on the claims homeopathy providers can make.  If there's a wide-spread practice of putting "real FDA-approved medicine" stickers on homeopathic products then it's news to me.  In other words, your allegations of fraud amount to nothing but intolerance of human stupidity, a form of bigotry no less vile than any other.  Homeopathy a cultural practice, no different from any other form of religion.  Stupid people have rights too!

(2)  There are massive amounts of evidence that vaccines are not cost-effective for every individual (counting all of the costs and risks involved), which is how the question ought to be framed.  Exposure to sources of contagion, reactions to vaccines, and other side-effects vary from individual to individual.  For millions of people taking a vaccine would be against their own personal interest.

Well put.  The vaccine people can't get past the all or nothing argument.  Not all vaccines are completely safe and cost effective for all people.   One un-necessary vaccine is the Hep B vaccine for newborns.  Which for some reason has been discontinued very quietly.  But the pro-vaccine people are not asking why is that if it was suppose to be safe. 

An abstract of the study was published in the September, 2009 issue of the respected journal Annals of Epidemiology. In it, Carolyn Gallagher and Melody Goodman of the Graduate Program in Public Health at Stony Brook University Medical Center, NY, wrote that, “Boys who received the hepatitis B vaccine during the first month of life had 2.94 greater odds for ASD compared to later- or unvaccinated boys.” The authors used U.S. probability samples obtained from National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) 1997–2002 datasets.

The conclusion states that: “Findings suggest that U.S. male neonates vaccinated with hepatitis B vaccine had a 3-fold greater risk of ASD; risk was greatest for non-white boys.”

If you are unaware HepB is about as likely in a child of non-HepB positive parents as you winning a national multimillion dollar lottery two weeks in a row.   So what was the rush to push this vaccine off on newborns?  And why now is that vaccine no longer given to newborns if there was no problem for newborns.

Another false claim is there have been numerous studies on vaccines as it relates to bad outcomes especially autism.  No there have only been about 16 studies which only looked at the MMR or only one ingredient Themerosal and the studies themselves were extremely limited.   And one of those studies was reworked 4 times changing the variables to eliminate the statistical link between themerosal and autism.  It has been said it is the equivalent of declaring all animal protein safe for all people by only studying chicken. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2010, 03:39:39 AM »

In my biostats class we looked at stats that linked autism and vaccination and thimerosol and showed that when thimerosol was removed from vaccines that the autism rate actually climbed.  There is no evidence linking thimerosol and autism.  Period.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The Nut Job that runs NaturalNews.com

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.