Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The Nut Job that runs NaturalNews.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Nut Job that runs NaturalNews.com  (Read 13100 times)

Scott in Winnipeg

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
The Nut Job that runs NaturalNews.com
« on: January 24, 2010, 10:44:04 PM »

NaturalNews.com is the site that Wayne often mentions. It's run by a naturopath who's a bit of a nut. Here's the proof.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/01/sometimes_i_think_we_break_the.php

AL the Inconspicuous

Re: The Nut Job that runs NaturalNews.com
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 12:52:30 AM »

All I see in the article you've linked to is further evidence that government worshipers use violence and fraud against anyone who disobeys.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 04:38:13 AM »

All I see in the article you've linked to is further evidence that government worshipers use violence and fraud against anyone who disobeys.
Yep, exactly. 

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 02:06:13 PM »

Yep, exactly. 

I'm not going to say that is untrue, but where is the "further evidence" in that article?

Scott in Winnipeg

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 02:16:44 PM »

Yep, exactly. 

Really? Which part, specifically that supports the state. Huh? I'm not going to apologize for the politics of P.Z. Myers, that post is about the bullshit that the fellow that runs NaturalNews.com spouts, that is all.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »

I doubt Libman and Llibertylover even read the post.  There is nothing in there about using government or any other kind of force to do anything at all.  They just look at it and think "Hmm, someone criticizing bad science.  They must want to use the law against it simply because they disagree with it! Fucking fascists!" 

fatcat

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 02:42:36 PM »

Natural News tells people not to get chemotherapy and radiotherapy and just use dieting and homeopathy instead.

On the plus side the retards following this kind of scientifically defunct advise die quick.

Although its still hard not to be mad at people exploiting desperate and/or stupid people with false hope.

Especially when they're using it to sell shitty books like "Cancer is not a Disease - It's a Survival Mechanism - Andreas Moritz"

"If they tell you that chemotherapy is your best chance of surviving, you will know they are lying or are simply misinformed. As Abel's research clearly demonstrated, there is no such evidence anywhere to be found in the medical literature."

Oh the irony is delicious.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 03:23:18 PM by fatcat »

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »

I was especially tickled by this "skeptical claim" with which the Natural News guy disagrees:
the water [in] your toilet is identical to water from a natural spring (assuming the chemical composition is the same, anyway)

Apparently, these liquids can be differentiated by more than just temperature, pressure, and chemistry.  Either he's worried about heavy water or he thinks naiads are disgusted by toilets.
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »

In my experience it seems that chemo only ruined my father's last year of life and even seemed to expedite his passing, but what do I know...  Anyhow...

An example of government force in that article is that here we have a "public university" tax-feeder who makes no attempt to deconstruct the claims he is ridiculing, many of which are actually grounded in truth, he simply uses his "divine authority" to defame the heretic.  Mike Adams never used force on anyone, he simply offered people a subjectively-valuable alternative.  Try not paying PZ Myers' salary and you'll be Ed Brown'd, possibly to death or for the rest of your miserable caged life!

An example of fraud (using the term loosely in this case) was with Twitter deleting votes.  I'm not saying that Mike Adams should be able to take legal action against Twitter, but his grievance is legitimate.  I only have accounts on mega-sites like that because I went there in 2007-08 to vote for Ron Paul, that's it.  Does that make my votes invalid?

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 10:03:25 PM »

An example of government force in that article is that here we have a "public university" tax-feeder who makes no attempt to deconstruct the claims he is ridiculing, many of which are actually grounded in truth, he simply uses his "divine authority" to defame the heretic.  Mike Adams never used force on anyone, he simply offered people a subjectively-valuable alternative.  Try not paying PZ Myers' salary and you'll be Ed Brown'd, possibly to death or for the rest of your miserable caged life!

By that argument, anything said by anyone whose salary comes from the government in any way amounts to "evidence that government worshipers use violence and fraud against anyone who disobeys."  Including "The sky is blue" and "I like pepperoni pizza." 

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 10:08:10 PM »

Your last two quotes represent examples of things the government hasn't tried to legislate - yet.  Draconian laws against "alternative medicine", on the other hand, are a very relevant threat.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 10:49:08 PM »

Your last two quotes represent examples of things the government hasn't tried to legislate - yet.  Draconian laws against "alternative medicine", on the other hand, are a very relevant threat.

And something that post did not even mention, much less advocate. 

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 11:02:51 PM »

Just like Pravda.  99% of modern communist propaganda doesn't explicitly mention violence either, but violence is inherent in the system in which they play a crucial part.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 11:07:17 PM »

Just like Pravda.  99% of modern communist propaganda doesn't explicitly mention violence either, but violence is inherent in the system in which they play a crucial part.

So any statement by someone whose salary comes from taxation about anything which the government might be involved in any way is a covert threat of violence.  I see.  

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:35:25 PM by Rillion »

Scott in Winnipeg

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 11:32:34 PM »

Try not paying PZ Myers' salary and you'll be Ed Brown'd, possibly to death or for the rest of your miserable caged life!

That doesn't make his statements incorrect. Your whole position (he's wrong/advocated violence because he's paid by the state) is an ad homenim and invalid. Move on
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The Nut Job that runs NaturalNews.com

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.