Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The New Testement according to Mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The New Testement according to Mark  (Read 4418 times)

Zat

• View Profile
    • Just a photo gallery
Re: The New Testement according to Mark
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 08:53:59 AM »

... whether Jesus was of the same substance as God the Father or merely of similar substance. No one questioned the divinity of Jesus at that time either. However, many tried to claim that Jesus was not really a real human...

Everyone knows by now that the substance that Jesus was made of is cheese.
Meet Cheesus :

[youtube=425,350]Mw29Tkvd3Xw[/youtube]

jeffersonish

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 07:28:46 PM »

Everyone knows by now that the substance that Jesus was made of is cheese.
Meet Cheesus :

When I eat cheetos (about once every 5 years) I usually find one that looks like an idiot.

fatcat

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 08:44:14 PM »

What about the cases where Jesus Christ contradicts himself?

Haven't found any yet that weren't caused by mistranslations from Greek to Latin to English or to German or Dutch or Swedish to English. Or by their having been taken way out of context by someone with a chip on their shoulder re: Christians.

Tell me which of these are out of context and which are mistranslations, and what the proper translations are:

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear.  Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.  (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it.  "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly.  Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given."  (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.  (John 15:7 NAB)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.  For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

Also, this ones not a contradiction, but a downright lie.

Then Jesus summoned his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to cure every disease and every sickness" Matthew 10:1  (NRSV).

Also, I remember one story about jesus curing a mentally ill person by casting out spirits  that went into pigs and ran into a river or some shit, I'm sure someone with a better biblical knowledge can point me to what verse that is.

Surely if Jesus is the son of / is god who made everything, then he should know that bacteria, viruses and genetic defects cause disease, not demons.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The New Testement according to Mark

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.