Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The Free Talk Live YouTube Channel Thread
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Free Talk Live YouTube Channel Thread  (Read 12300 times)

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
The Free Talk Live YouTube Channel Thread
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »

I have decided to create a new thread as the old one is redundant and in a hidden part of of the BBS. This is the old thread to see the history: http://bbs.freetalklive.com/discussion/freetalklive-on-youtube/

The Free Talk Live YouTube Channel Thread

If you have got a YouTube account please subscribe, if you haven't got a YouTube account then please create one and subscribe. While you're at it, you may also want to subscribe to the channels on the Featured list (right-hand side of the page) such as CopBlock and FreeKeene.

Something you can do which will make a huge difference is go to the list of videos at the follow link and go through them and liking them all: http://www.youtube.com/user/FreeTalkLiveRadio/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0 If you think this is a pointless chore then you are mistaken. I cannot stress how helpful this is in increasing Free Talk Live's exposure through YouTube's algorithms. By liking all the videos, you will proving a big boost in getting Free Talk Live as a referal from other videos and to show up on searches. Please make the effort to spend a few minutes of your time to like them all because you will introduce so many people to Free Talk Live by doing so.

A quick technique is to right-click on each video and open all of them up in new tabs then once they are all open in new tabs, flick through each tab and click on 'like'. Make sure you hit the thumbs up button and not thumbs down, because just as lots of 'likes' improves visibility, having 'dislikes' makes the video more hidden.

Please also share them around, especially on twitter and facebook. It really helps. Adding them to your favourites and commenting on them would also be extremely helpful - especially adding them to your favourites.

Check out the playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/FreeTalkLiveRadio/videos?view=1

There's more to come, this project is only in it's infancy and at the time of writing we have racked up 3.5k views, but the plan is to get upload tons of great material from the archives onto YouTube, which hopefully will raise FTL's profile and introduce loads of people to the show! Please support the effort - any suggestions, constructive criticism and other stuff is welcome. Just reply to this thread or PM if you wish.

Stay tuned to this thread for updates!

Thank you.

P.S. If you still haven't seen the channel yet, please click on the image below :)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:54:56 AM by Crotale »

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
Re: The Free Talk Live YouTube Channel Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 04:43:44 PM »

Hi Mark, Ian, everyone, my name is Dave, I am a listener from WGMD 92.7 Rehoboth Beach

I took some initiative and threw up an early prototype FTL channel today,  http://www.youtube.com/user/FreeTalkLiveRadio

I'll admit I do feel a bit of uneasiness on this whim as I now feel like an official intern of FTL, never applying or getting hired for the job lol  :)

My intent was to mirror some Soundcloud podcasts but the files become just too large and unweildy.  :( Also I wanted to reserve this channel name for the show so no one else gets it. (Someone else at another point in time already registered, then deleted, "/user/FreeTalkLive")

The password and carkeys to this new channel are Mark and Ians anytime they want it.

So far I'm experimenting with the 60 second promos. They are hilarious, easy to upload, and fun for people to easily post around Facebook, blogs etc.

All suggestions, criticism, help and input from everyone is needed since Youtube is huge and reaches millions of people. Nothing is in stone just want to get FTL some type of presence for the reasons Crotale mentioned in the OP.

Regards!,
-Dave

Free Talk Live - Zombies
Free Talk Live - Police Brutality

About Free Talk Live Radio

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 04:44:37 PM »

Okay, I'm making my way through the guests. This is the first one, feedback welcomed:

Ron Paul discusses his presidential campaign and the issues that matter on Free Talk Live

Seems fine to me, but what do you think?

I have downloaded the entire FTL guests archive and have started making images on photoshop and putting them with the MP3 audios, thus creating the video. I hope to upload one video every few days or so. :) 

I have sorted them out into three tiers so the more renown guests (Paul, Stossel, Molyneux, Rockwell, Block, Kokesh etc.) will be uploaded first but eventually I plan on having the entire archive on YT.

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »

I'm finally seem to be getting the hang of this photoshop lark, transformed a FSP business card image into a cool elongated FSP banner to go at the bottom of the next video, which is the interview with the (former?) Free State Project president Varrin Swearingen. The video is just 'rendering' (if that's the right word) and I'll upload it later.

Aaaand here it is, hope you like the banner at the bottom, it only took me about an hour to figure how make it  8)

Free Talk Live interview Free State Project president Varrin Swearingen

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »

New video up now, John Stossel :)

John Stossel explains why he's a libertarian on Free Talk Live

Short and sweet, so no excuse for having a relisten  :P

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 04:46:46 PM »

New video up, enjoy (and don't forget to subscribe!):

Adam Kokesh joins Free Talk Live to talk about his show, Adam Versus The Man

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 04:58:42 PM »

The Lew Rockwell interview is just 'rendering' now, should be ready in the next hour. Sorry about the delay,  I was a bit of a perfectionist with the next video and played around a little too much on PhotoShop making sure all the graphics were clean cut, nicely aligned and resized nicely. :D

EDIT: And it's up!

Lew Rockwell joins Free Talk Live for an in-studio interview on advancing liberty

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 04:59:54 PM »

Okay, caught up with the old thread :)

I just uploaded the Gary Johnson interview, it's a long'un :)

Gary Johnson discusses civil liberties, monetary policy, immigration and more on Free Talk Live

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 10:53:53 AM »

Just added some info to the OP:

Something you can do which will make a huge difference is go to the list of videos at the follow link and go through them and liking them all: http://www.youtube.com/user/FreeTalkLiveRadio/videos?sort=da&flow=grid&view=0 If you think this is a pointless chore then you are mistaken. I cannot stress how helpful this is in increasing Free Talk Live's exposure through YouTube's algorithms. By liking all the videos, you will proving a big boost in getting Free Talk Live as a referal from other videos and to show up on searches. Please make the effort to spend a few minutes of your time to like them all because you will introduce so many people to Free Talk Live by doing so.

A quick technique is to right-click on each video and open all of them up in new tabs then once they are all open in new tabs, flick through each tab and click on 'like'. Make sure you hit the thumbs up botton and not thumbs down, because just as lots of 'likes' improves visibility, having 'dislikes' makes the video more hidden.

The reason I have added this info/plea is because I have been through YouTube analytics, and on the 29th August, some statist troll went through and disliked 29 videos. These were the only dislikes the channel had ever had and they all came all at once. I would be more worried if the dislikes were coming from a large range of people across the demographics, as it's just one guy who's cleary either a butthurt statist or some idiot troll with massive grudge it's not at all indicative of how the channel is being received. However, looking at YouTube analytics, after all those dislikes the amount of referrals the channel got plummeted. Only 12% of the traffic for the channel comes from outside of YouTube. Of the total amount views from all videos, 88% come from referrals within YouTube. A video referal is people click on one of the videos from a YouTube search, the related videos column, and suggested videos on the homepage. A large channel can cope with trolls disliking a bunch of videos, because they have tides of non-trolls liking them thus the trolls only have a negligible effect.

However, for a new channel - like FreeTalkLiveRadio - the impact is much more annoying. The viewing figures for the channel took a major knock - a direct result of less referrals due to the dislikes meaning we were lower placed on YouTube's alogorithms, especially because a sizeable chunk of those 29 videos had no likes, meaning that they were 100% disliked. I have just been through every single video that FreeTalkLiveRadio has uploaded with three accounts (Rattlesnakemeuk [my personal one], LRNFM [earmarked for an idea proposed in the original thread] and the FreeTalkLiveRadio channel itself) so hopefully some of the damage will have been undone but there's still so much more to do.

When the amount of 'likes' recieved increases, there is a clear rise in amount of referrals and views. YouTube analytics doesn't provide any figures but it is the correlation is such an overwhelming positive one. If just ten people go through the videos and like them all (it's simple to sign up to YouTube if you already haven't got an account) then that would be a total nearly 500 likes for the channel and a ratio of 13-15 likes to 1 is pretty neat. :)

Therefore, if you want to help FreeTalkLiveRadio get off the ground then probably the most helpful thing you can do (at no personal cost) is spend a few minutes of your time going through the videos and liking them. Thank you so much. :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:03:30 PM by Crotale »

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »

New one up, all Ron Paul videos seem to do pretty well so I'm optimistic that this video will get hundreds of views. Please help it on its way by liking and sharing!

Ron Paul speaks about his Audit the Fed bill and answers callers' questions on Free Talk Live

If only elections were decided by YouTube popularity, Ron Paul would have walked it. :lol:

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »

The Walter Block interview is ready to be uploaded, but I'll upload it later to hit better traffic in the ET and CT time zones. I'm starting University next week so am currently getting stuff ready to move in. Therefore, the rate of uploads may slow down for a short while (especially for threshers week) but as soon as things have settled down I'll pick up from where I left off - my aim is to have one interview up every three days or so.

Snowdog2012 (who established the channel in the first place) will have more time to upload other content after September, so hopefully we'll have even more great stuff going up then.

Any feedback, suggestions or help is always very welcome.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:39:56 AM by Crotale »

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »

New video up, Walter Block:

Dr Walter Block defends the undefendables on Free Talk Live!

At the moment I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker, which doesn't allow audio editing so ignore the first few seconds. I really am contemplating getting video editing software, probably Sony Vegas but I dunno.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy listening to the interview and don't forget to like, comment and subscribe!

Crotale

• Anarcho-capitalist
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on twitter!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The Free Talk Live YouTube Channel Thread

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.