Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The callers set on kicking illegals out of the US....
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The callers set on kicking illegals out of the US....  (Read 4907 times)

ess173

• View Profile
The callers set on kicking illegals out of the US....
« on: September 30, 2011, 11:12:10 PM »

In my travels abroad I have encountered numerous (in costa rica it was EVERYONE) Americans that live illegally. Knowing this....not being IGNORANT to this as some may be, it makes me wonder if these people set on kicking "illegals" out also want all of the Americans living illegal abroad to be forced back. Think of the spectrum of Americans that will bring home..... Also to the ones dull enough to rant about how "they should learn the language" guess what, most of them know the language but they dont speak it to you bc youre a prick. i currently live in mexico and meet more mexicans with fluent english than americans with fluent spanish who live here......

Razor512

• View Profile
Re: The callers set on kicking illegals out of the US....
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:55:58 AM »

I really don't see why people feel a need to kick out "illegals"

does becoming a citizen suddenly make someone a better person.

If someone is an asshole, getting a sheet of paper that says they have become a citizen wont make them any less of an asshole.
If that can be agreed upon that a piece of paper does not change who someone is, then can it also be understood that there is no logical reason to hate people who are in the country with out some piece of paper?

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 04:05:05 AM »

Because more people in America causes a depression in the price of labor. These people want less competetion, so the value of their labor will go up.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »

Not just economics though, social dynamics are changed as well. Takes time for most people to adjust.

Razor is right about assholes being assholes. Doesn't matter which side of the border the asshole may be.

..... Does that make Texas the 'taint?

An example of society changing in a troublesome (note: that doesn't mean "negative") way.. last Friday a guy at a red light backed his car up into mine. He wasn't too far out into the intersection or anything. No idea why he backed up. The explanation sounded like it probably made sense, but it was in Spanish so I have no idea what was said.

I asked the passengers in the car next to the incident if they'd mind being a witness. They didn't know what I'd said, cause I said it in English.

I like Spanish speaking people just fine. The guy who bumped his car into mine seemed like a nice guy. He gave me his info and left. I'm lucky cause a lot of times, local to me anyway, the offenders who may be here without papers speed off. Can't blame them, but at the same time, that's being an asshole. So people are apprehensive about shit like that.

An influx of poor people into any middle class community only drags the median down. No one benefits from that, except maybe the poor who have just had a step up. Property values, strange faces and customs popping up around where you raised your kids. Valid concerns.

I like progress no matter who brings it along. Don't mind new neighbors so long as they don't affect me in a negative way.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »

Sounds like you just got scammed. They're gonna file against you, you know.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »

Fuck. You'd better be wrong about that. I fuckin hope not. Did cross my mind but the guy didn't seem that sophisticated.

Last crash I was in, the only reason I wasn't held at fault was thanks to the traffic cam which proved the other guy ran the light.

I'm feelin a bit uneasy about this now.

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 12:20:12 AM »

Fuck. You'd better be wrong about that. I fuckin hope not. Did cross my mind but the guy didn't seem that sophisticated.

Last crash I was in, the only reason I wasn't held at fault was thanks to the traffic cam which proved the other guy ran the light.

I'm feelin a bit uneasy about this now.

Guy in the rear is always at fault. Its because of crap like this that I wanna install a camcorder in my car.

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 12:46:21 AM »

Usually, people move as individuals, or individual families. 

I don't know who sent out the e-mail to Mexico about Mexicans moving in massive droves to a town near me, but they had a massive influx of Hispanic families to a relatively small town.

Keep in mind, this is not anywhere near the Mexican border.  This is in rural PA. 

I called the FTL show about this, by the way.  5 years ago.  Ian went "Oh NOoo!!  Did the poor little townspeople lose their fucking minds!!?"  Or, something like that. 

Since then, property values dropped like a rock.  Crime went through the roof.  Property taxes reassessed - fucking TRIPLED dudes...  The police force hired dozens of cops, as did neighboring communities, and the courts are completely fucking swamped with tons of half-assed busts.  Hispanics are "muleing" tons of dope through what is now known as the "Golden Triangle" between NYC, Philly, Reading, Allentown, and Cleveland, Ohio. 

The county was embroiled in what is nationally known as the "Cash For Kids" scandal, where two juvenile Judges got busted for taking bribes to pump up the Juvy system with kids, which in turn forced the County to outsource Juvy housing and ultimately build a new Juvenile facility. 

Because a lot of the Hispanic families were somewhat transient, they couldn't prove adequate housing or schooling records, which resulted in additional problems, the kids couldn't be released as easily as they would to a "stable" family. 

More hiring of needless community and social workers, foster housing, and all the rigamorole. 

Guess who pays for all that?  Its a large county, and a long-term problem...  remember, I said this has been festering for well over five years now.  Welfare housing maxed, adult inmates stuffed into County lockup like sardines (I did time there), increased patrols, additional cops - and lots of 'em, a brand new Juvy facility, all the necessary staff.  Hundreds of full-time jobs, times 30-40 grand a year. 

Over ten years, we're probably talking a hundred million dollars.  Just in one county. 

And you know who's really getting the snake-eye?  The legal Mexicans.  Because nobody knows who's who.  If I was a Hispanic who'd been here for some years  -- all on the up-and-up  -- I'd be fucking pissed off.  And I heard exactly that from a couple Hispanic folks I knew, they're embarrassed, and fearful of their safety, and the safety of their kids who are reaching driving age. 

Think about it...  the legal Hispanics are pissed, and some want to leave, because their "own kind" is fucking the community up. 

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 01:28:53 PM »

I don't know who sent out the e-mail to Mexico about Mexicans moving in massive droves to a town near me, but they had a massive influx of Hispanic families to a relatively small town.

I think it comes down to the relative ease in getting free shit from the government. Once a few people (mexicans in this case) get on the dole in a particular area, word spreads to relatives and friends back home that want the same stuff. I've talked to a few mexican dudes in my area where the same thing is going on. Sudden influx and most of them know each other back in Mexico. I dont look down my nose at them because I understand they are just doing what anyone else would do in their situation.

Might seem like an oversimplification of the problem to some people, but to me it just comes down to people taking what is offered to them. You cant blame people in shitty living situations from doing that, BUT you can blame the government for offering it to them.

Dont put a bird feeder in your back yard if you dont want swarms of birds and bird shit all over your back porch.

Its a massive problem, I understand that, but the answer to the problem is relatively simple if you think about it.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »

My Dad and I disagree on illegal workers. I mentioned the story about how the farmers can't get their fruit picked and the Mexicans fleeing their homes late at night to avoid the cops. I said:
"We finally found a way to keep those wetbacks out. All we need to do is make it suck so hard to live in the U.S. that they leave. It is really working." He is finally starting to see how stupid the whole anti- immigration thing is, for the ones that work anyway.

Damien Valley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »

i currently live in mexico and meet more mexicans with fluent english than americans with fluent spanish who live here......

I actually find this statement interesting because I think it is completely true.  Some people may think you are exaggerating but the stereotype of people from Mexico not knowing English is pretty ridiculous.  I've never been to Mexico but I've heard English is very common in all the bigger cities down in Mexico.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »

When I visited Mexico and Central America a few years ago, I was eager to pratice my Spanish. That went south when I couldn't find anyone who didn't speak English. Except, that is, for a little school girl, who seemed very puzzled by my speaking in what vaguely resembled something on th edge of comprehensibility.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

ess173

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 11:58:45 PM »

i fail to understand the argument of how we assuredly need more jails bc of immigrants,and how jobs are lost bc of them.what part of crops rotting and americans refusing to do the jobs to people not get? do you think that wont put farmers out of work? how fucked can your ideals be if you believe thats beneficial for the US? good stuff.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »

i fail to understand the argument of how we assuredly need more jails bc of immigrants,and how jobs are lost bc of them.what part of crops rotting and americans refusing to do the jobs to people not get? do you think that wont put farmers out of work? how fucked can your ideals be if you believe thats beneficial for the US? good stuff.

Food is an elastic, or an inelastic need? Forgot the term. People will pay whatever cost to have it.

It would only take one bad season to change peoples minds.

-Dennis Goddard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  The callers set on kicking illegals out of the US....

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.