Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Suggestions for Marks "Edgington Post" Interviews
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for Marks "Edgington Post" Interviews  (Read 14207 times)

Murkan Mike

• In Exile
    • View Profile
Suggestions for Marks "Edgington Post" Interviews
« on: May 19, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »

Here's a few I would like to listen to if they were done nicely by someone who could use cuss words, and didn't have to follow the FCC rules;

Michael Hoy - former publisher of Loompanics Press, who used to have some of the absolute coolest books available before they closed shop.

Ken Royce - Boston T. Party - Even though he has shown up at the liberty forum, he has a TON of cool information and is a pretty savy gun guy.

John Ross - author of "Unintended Concequences"

Stephen W. Dillon - Chairman of NORML.

"Fred" from the Appleseed project, if he is still alive.

Vin Suprynowiscz - From the Las Vegas area, and bookwriter.  Wasn't he originally from New Hampshire?

These are just a few that popped up after reading the post Mark wrote about who someone might want to hear an interview from, when he was commenting on the "Nature Bee" guy.  I just didn't want to sidetrack the thread about the worst commercials.

I like the interviews, especially if they aren't geared so much on the advertisers.

I would also enjoy hearing some interviews from some of the free staters who make news, and who are pretty colorful.  As an example, the young kid who got busted for holding the leaf, and some of the other activists. I would also like to hear an interview with Dale, since he co-hosts a lot, and I really don't know much about him.  And Wayne and the others.  I'm sure they have pretty interesting backgrounds, and I hear them all the time on the show but don't know much about them. 
I'm not a sheep, so....... why do you keep sending me a shepherd?

davann

Re: Suggestions for Marks "Edgington Post" Interviews
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 06:38:41 PM »

If you get Vin Suprynowiscz please be sure to ask how he reconciles his normal small gov stance with the big gov for illegal immigration stance.

mikey

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »

Doug Casey, professional investor, one of the preeminent authorities on “rational speculation,” especially in the high-potential natural resource sector.
From a recent interview about him:
"You routinely go in "Out" doors, you light up under "No Smoking" signs, you walk through metal detectors with your belt on, you get back on polo ponies regardless of what your doctors tell you, you leave your electronics on when all the other sheep on the airplane turn theirs off… I could go on and on.

The beauty of it is that most of the time, nothing happens. You did exactly as you pleased, hurt no one, and enjoyed life on your own terms."

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »

If you get Vin Suprynowiscz please be sure to ask how he reconciles his normal small gov stance with the big gov for illegal immigration stance.

Well, first he'll probably suggest counting all the Mexicans....

Alex Libman

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »

I don't fully understand the rationale of downgrading some interviews to the Edgington Post kiddy table, but I'd like to hear more interviews in general.  Maybe it's time to round up the usual suspects for the 2012 LP nomination and interview each of them, to see if anyone other than Mary Ruwart is worth keeping an eye on.  Not that I plan to vote or anything, just curious...

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:18:22 PM »

Author John Strausbaugh for his book "Sissy Nation".

CSPAN video: http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/200650-1

Mark Edge

Mark Edge

Mark Edge
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

mikey

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 12:13:41 AM »

Julian Assange, the Wikileaks.org founder.

Let's just hope Mark can get to Julian before the Pentagram (as Lew  Rockwell calls it) does.

mikey

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 09:49:17 PM »

Doug Casey, professional investor, one of the preeminent authorities on “rational speculation,” especially in the high-potential natural resource sector.
"You routinely go in "Out" doors, you light up under "No Smoking" signs, you walk through metal detectors with your belt on, you get back on polo ponies regardless of what your doctors tell you, you leave your electronics on when all the other sheep on the airplane turn theirs off… I could go on and on.

The beauty of it is that most of the time, nothing happens. You did exactly as you pleased, hurt no one, and enjoyed life on your own terms."
Darn, Stefan got to him first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqhSfCGClhQ

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 09:59:13 PM »

http://www.freetalklive.com/guests/doug_casey
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »

Steve Vaillancourt show, contact info

mikey

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »

http://www.freetalklive.com/guests/doug_casey
Ah, nice!

All right, how about someone from the bitcoin.org crowd?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 10:22:46 PM »

Mark,

If you want to interview someone who used to be (IIRC) a big cheese in the DEA and is now in LEAP, I can probably arrange it.  I asked her to get ahold of you, but if she didn't, I think I can dig up her contact information.

Also, there's this guy named Dr. Gonzo, who I suggested contact you.  You may wish to contact him.  He's a GREAT speaker, and I think he'd be a great interview.

http://gonzo2.posterous.com/

I ran into both of these people in my MMJ activism here in Colorado.

WTFK

yamnuska

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 05:24:54 AM »

More authors, lets see how many more we can piss off.

Drew Carey, Clint Eastwood

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 06:20:55 PM »

Minister Louis Abdul-Haleem Farrakhan Muhammad, Sr.

- anti-vaccine (at least in the case of H1N1)
- secessionist
- Anti-Zionist
- UFO believer

In the interest of furthering the dialogue and reaching out to the black and/or Muslim segment of FTL listeners, I say it's pure logic that dictates this leader of men be featured as a key person in your interview series, Mark.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 07:10:18 PM »

Minister Louis Abdul-Haleem Farrakhan Muhammad, Sr.

- anti-vaccine (at least in the case of H1N1)
- secessionist
- Anti-Zionist
- UFO believer

In the interest of furthering the dialogue and reaching out to the black and/or Muslim segment of FTL listeners, I say it's pure logic that dictates this leader of men be featured as a key person in your interview series, Mark.

do you have any contact info?
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Suggestions for Marks "Edgington Post" Interviews

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.