Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Show Summary
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show Summary  (Read 2937 times)

AnonFTLFan45

• View Profile
Show Summary
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:35:57 PM »

I need, daily, a place where there is a short summary of each segment. Real short, anything really, as long as it is reasonably topical.

Like, guest (if applicable) and topic. That's all.

Would it be reasonable to start a wiki for that... or... where woudl I even start?

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Show Summary
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 09:12:05 AM »

Do you want to see plans for what they're going to talk about before you listen to the live show or do you listen to them after the fact? If the former, you're probably SoL. The show isn't that well-planned usually. If the latter, they list the topics they discussed in the text for each download. If you go to freetalklive.com, and click on the episode at the top, the summary is beneath. It's also available in the YouTube description. I don't know why they don't list co-hosts. We do that in our descriptions at Flaming Freedom. Maybe you can convince them to start including it. You can probably see who's cohosting by checking the YouTube thumbnail and seeing who's sitting there.

AnonFTLFan45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:05:46 PM »

I mean afterwards.

And the "description" does not correlate with the number of segments (11?).

and I mean like 'mike from georgia calls about plants', 'mike fromg eorgia calls abotu plants pt. 2', 'salon.com artical titled: i like monkeys', etc., etc.,

for the 11 segments.

I listen to the show while my hands are litterally occupied the whole time, so it would be extraordinarily troublesom to do it.

Was wondering if somehow a wiki couldn't be built, and if there wouldn't be limited support for some such a thing.

Can't get into details now, but I think I can get them more listeners if I had this information...

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 01:32:15 PM »

And the "description" does not correlate with the number of segments (11?).

Is the idea to be able to link, and effectively be able to jump to, the specific segment in which they discussed a particular subject?

It represent a fair degree more work every episode. I don't think it will be likely unless you can find a volunteer willing to do it, but you can always run it by Daryl. He's doing more to promote the show than has been done in the past.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 12:27:47 AM »

There used to be a wiki.
It's a shame it got nixed.

plowjockey87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 02:03:52 AM »

It would be cool if the episode description at the top of the FTL webpage had time information. For example: Dave in New York calls to hassle Ian (00:12:14) : cat lady calls in to discuss bureaucrats harassing cat owners(00:13:14).

I work out for an hour a day, and it's a two hour podcast.

AnonFTLFan45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 10:14:43 AM »

Well, its AWESOME they are finally publishing their show's cam feed on youtube. But its going to flop and flownder without some SEO. SEO requires smaller clips, and better titles/keywords.

Imagine your favorite youtuber, now imagine all his videos are combined into one 3 hour long video with the title "my vidya!". You think he's going to be a professional youtuber for long?

Thing is, slap some advertising onto the shorter, seod clips, and you've got some ad-revenue coming in.

I'm sure this would work for them, but I don't have the patience to timecode the show. I'd cut it up, and frankly, the segments come at regular intervals, so you don't even need to write down the time. Just note a halfway decent title for each segment, and I could do the rest. Exposure for FTL, exposure for their advertisers, revenue from Youtube (see also Stephan Mollyneux's youtube channel; he aint doin it for dixie)

I dunno... maybe eventually I'll break down and make real shownotes myself...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Show Summary

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.