Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Shop Amazon, Help FTL!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Shop Amazon, Help FTL!  (Read 114971 times)

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
Re: Shop Amazon, Help FTL!
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »

Actually I buy toliet paper in bulk and store it.  Who would have thought toliet paper on Amazon but what the hey.  If I get a good deal on training pants for my son we will get that there as well.

Ceon

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2006, 08:59:11 PM »

Does the US site do international shipping? I want to buy Lucky Charms and Mountain Dew, they arn't sold over hear any more. :(

Yeah it does.

EclecticBuddha

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2006, 09:12:27 PM »

I bought $50 of books... but I was out of power so going to Borders was my only option.

Hey, if you use a Coinstar machine, you get 100% of your money back if you get an Amazon gift card!  So go take care of your change and spend it to help FTL at the same time!

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2006, 11:50:46 AM »

Hey, if you use a Coinstar machine, you get 100% of your money back if you get an Amazon gift card!  So go take care of your change and spend it to help FTL at the same time!

Which is the reason I actually read this thread.  I read through all the gift certificate fine print on Amazon to make sure FTL would get credit if I used coinstar, but couldn't find anything relevant.  Before I drag my li'l red wagon full of coinage over to the grocery store:

Ian, do associates get credit if gift cards/gift certificates/coinstar receipts are used as payment?

If so, my dresser is fixin' to get about 200# lighter.  And, this method of supporting FTL should be hounded incessantly! 
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2006, 10:13:59 PM »

One FTL inspired shopping trip @ Amazon completed, thru the FTL search link. Ordered (used) Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth, books 1 & 2.
Not sure how exactly I managed to miss reading Goodkind in my almost 30 years of SciFi/Fantasy reading.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

defenderofliberty

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2006, 03:23:41 PM »

I bought V for Vendetta 2 disc special edition through the Free Talk Live web site.  It was several dollars cheaper than Walmart's price, and that includes the shipping cost.   :D

Miss Ann

• Melyssa Ann (Indy Dominatrix Miss Ann)
  • FTL Shriner
    • View Profile
    • HOOSIERS FOR FAIR TAXATION
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2006, 01:51:37 AM »

http://amazon.freetalklive.com  is going on the front page of my website !

Miss Ann
TheReformatory.com
Best Regards,
Melyssa

oaygiyy

« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2006, 08:32:42 PM »

Once you make an Amazon purchase, is there any kind of feedback to let you know that money went to FTL?

burnthebeautiful

« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2006, 06:25:46 PM »

I pre-ordered Bullshit season 3 through FTL today. I rarely buy things from Amazon, or from outside The EU in general, because there's a 25% tax on things imported from outside The EU. You pay the regular price when ordering, then pay the extra tax when picking the package up at the post office. If the government catches the package that is, sometimes it slips through unnoticed, but things obviously commercial, like packages with a bigass "amazon.com" printed on them, tend to get noticed. I think it's basically some government employees standing in front of a conveyor belt with packages going by, so it's inevetible they'll miss some stuff.

Charles

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2006, 12:34:10 AM »

I've been trying to reconcile spending 300 dollars on Lost, Battlestar Galactica, House, and Rome.  This helps rationalize spending that money.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2006, 12:46:04 AM »

I find it easier to spend money when my website is stamped on it...
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Charles

« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2006, 01:11:20 AM »

I find it easier to spend money when my website is stamped on it...

I'll keep that in mind when buying a Playstation 3.  One thing in a series of things that will be necessary to help me dish out money to buy that little piece of hardware.

Hey honey.  What's that?
Just a new piece of metal and plastic I purchased.
Oh yeah?  How much did that cost you?
...650 dollars...120 for games...

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2006, 01:24:27 AM »

I saw that some of the Xbox360 games are going for over $60 after taxes.  I was like wtf.  A good thing about games now is the Greatest Hits collections and such.  Top selling Playstation 2 games drop in price by 50% after 18 months or something.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:02:02 PM by Keith and Stuff »
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Trademark

« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2006, 11:43:56 AM »

I saw that some of the Xbox360 games are going for over $60 after taxes.  I was like wft.  A good thing about games now is the Greatest Hits collections and such.  Top selling Playstation 2 games drop in price by 50% after 18 months or something.
My brother in law has a 360 and a new HDTV. Lucky #@!@#!@#@!!!!!  :lol:

Xtopher

• Looking out for your best interests. Now pay me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2006, 11:55:40 PM »

Once you make an Amazon purchase, is there any kind of feedback to let you know that money went to FTL?
Has this ever been answered? I just bought an assload of stuff and was wondering if FTL got a cut of the action.

PS - Amazon is offering a free month of Amazon Prime right now, just got all my stuff shipped 2-day for free. Just have to remember to cancel the acct before the end of the 30 days.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Shop Amazon, Help FTL!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.