Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Shooting a girl on your property
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shooting a girl on your property  (Read 33887 times)

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting a girl on your property
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2009, 11:54:43 PM »

I was really refering to this straw character NHA10 invented. Even though he dramatizes heavily for dramatic effect I do not think he would actually kill a harmless child.

Dylboz has this one right.Since the US government folks actually are convinced they actually legally own a certain share of your property then this "propertairian" view suggests that they have legitimate claim to your use of that property. You see, your deed - in their view - is for a certain "bundle of rights" rather than full title to all of the land and its use.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

FKnight

• Evil Statist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »

The fact that there are eight pages devoted to a debate on whether it's okay to shoot someone for walking on your grass demonstrates the abject stupidity of this entire argument and its participants.

$signature not defined.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »

The fact that there are eight pages devoted to a debate on whether it's okay to shoot someone for walking on your grass demonstrates the abject stupidity of this entire argument and its participants.

+1
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »

I think it just demonstrates the ridiculousness of taking that position in the affirmative. You're welcome to your opinion, but I hope the thread might lead to some change in the way these issues are handled on air by Ian and Mark. They have in the past adopted the Royalist position where people magically become disposable property for merely "walking on your grass," without doing any damage or posing any threat. If they ever do read this (an unfortunately unlikely prospect), I hope they take pause and reflect on this thread before voicing knee-jerk hyperpropertarian support for such extremely unethical and logically insupportable behavior.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:37:37 PM by Dylboz »
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2009, 08:15:32 PM »

Having finally caught up to the 4/11 podcast, I am pleased that they rejected the "maximalist" approach and basically agreed with me. I'm entirely satisfied. They've come a long way from the podcast I remember a few years back where they weren't nearly as charitable to the trespassing child in question.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

NHArticleTen

« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2009, 12:28:29 PM »

Having finally caught up to the 4/11 podcast, I am pleased that they rejected the "maximalist" approach and basically agreed with me. I'm entirely satisfied. They've come a long way from the podcast I remember a few years back where they weren't nearly as charitable to the trespassing child in question.

still...you would do well to mind the whereabouts of your own chitlins...and goats...and such...

enjoy!

NHArticleTen

« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2009, 12:31:55 PM »

seems the gooberment is ok with spreading depleted uranium all around the globe...

perhaps they can spread some around the geographical region more commonly known as north america...

kalmia

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2009, 08:12:44 PM »

[youtube=425,350]

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=3600608903523555921&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>[/youtube]

Anarcho Pacifist Batman
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Shooting a girl on your property

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.