Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Saturday's show 10/17
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saturday's show 10/17  (Read 1634 times)

PlainShane

Saturday's show 10/17
« on: October 19, 2009, 02:20:11 PM »

Did it put anyone else off that Mark and Ian were perpetually bickering the entire show? I listen to the podcast every day and am aware of the typical debates and the ol' Ian making fun of Mark because he is not full on liberty or whatever he says. It was a little much. Have you ever been in a public place like a cafe or something where two friend are arguing rather loudly and making a scene? That odd feeling of embarrassment and nervousness is what I felt during Saturday's show.

Meh, twas a strange episode.

AngryHateMusic

Re: Saturday's show 10/17
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 09:50:33 PM »

I agree with Ian. It is like debating with a judge or ociffer.

rwwright

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:00:26 AM »

Mark was spouting some disgusting crap on Saturday. But I wasn't really put off by the "bickering."

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:13:21 AM »

I haven't heard the show yet but I agree with Mark. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

PlainShane

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 01:48:14 PM »

I'm not quite sure how you can agree with him if you have not heard the show; perhaps, you live in NH?

At any rate, I have given the issue of the Keene cannabis celebration [on Pumpkin day] some thought after listening to the Saturday show and the Monday show on the 19th. I typically side with Mark on certain issues due to his prudence. Dale called in yesterday to the show and he seemed to have a more level-headed perspective and solution: what the cannabis celebrators did was okay except the mega phone used to draw attention was a bit much. Perhaps, this act on that particular day was detrimental to winning over the natives. This is the first time I have heard the two hosts be at complete odds with each other over one issue in the past year, which is how long I have been listening.

I definitely do not agree with the candle light vigil at the prosecutor's house and ringing his door bell.. Seems sort of angry mob like.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »

Angry mobs behave like angry mobs though.. this group was far from that.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

superpatriot

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 08:30:32 AM »

I pretty much agree with Mark.  He seems to have more common sense.  I didn't think the bickering was too much.  I think they do a good job of representing different views.

I think Ian is more balls to the wall in your face whether you lie it or not

and Mark takes a more measured, constructive approach
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Saturday's show 10/17

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.