Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Run From The Cure – The Rick Simpson Story
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Run From The Cure – The Rick Simpson Story  (Read 3371 times)

AngryHateMusic

Run From The Cure – The Rick Simpson Story
« on: September 27, 2009, 01:31:55 AM »

Refer to FTL 2009-09-26

Is hemp oil what some say it is? I watched this documentary and it interested me alot. I would very much like to find more people that have experienced positive results.

After a serious head injury in 1997, Rick Simpson sought relief from his medical condition through the use of medicinal hemp oil. When Rick discovered that the hemp oil (with its high concentration of T.H.C.) cured cancers and other illnesses, he tried to share it with as many people as he could free of charge. When the story went public, the long arm of the law snatched the medicine – leaving potentially thousands of people without their cancer treatments – and leaving Rick with unconsitutional charges of possessing and trafficking marijuana!

Download .avi – http://www.phoenixtearsmovie.com/runfromthecure.avi
Watch online - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7331006790306000271&hl=en#
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 02:56:06 PM by AngryHateMusic »

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: Run From The Cure – The Rick Simpson Story
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 03:11:39 AM »

Refer to FTL 2009-09-26

Is hemp oil what some say it is? I watched this documentary and it interested me alot. I would very much like to find more people that have experienced positive results.

After a serious head injury in 1997, Rick Simpson sought relief from his medical condition through the use of medicinal hemp oil. When Rick discovered that the hemp oil (with its high concentration of T.H.C.) cured cancers and other illnesses, he tried to share it with as many people as he could free of charge. When the story went public, the long arm of the law snatched the medicine – leaving potentially thousands of people without their cancer treatments – and leaving Rick with unconsitutional charges of possessing and trafficking marijuana!

Watch online - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7331006790306000271&hl=en#

I meant to post this in the "The Show". If a moderator is able to move it there I would appreciate it. Thanks.

If you think "hemp oil" is the cure for cancer, then you are an idiot.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 07:36:29 AM »

Refer to FTL 2009-09-26

I meant to post this in the "The Show". If a moderator is able to move it there I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Why because the government told you it wasn't a cure for cancer? 

The term medical marijuana took on dramatic new meaning in February 2000, when researchers in Madrid announced they had destroyed incurable brain tumors in rats by injecting them with THC, the active ingredient in cannabis.

The Madrid study marks only the second time that THC has been administered to tumor-bearing animals.  In 1974, researchers at the Medical College of Virginia, who had been funded by the National Institutes of Health to find evidence that marijuana damages the immune system, found instead that THC slowed the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice -- lung and breast cancer, and a virus-induced leukemia.

In 1976, President Gerald Ford put an end to all public cannabis research and granted exclusive research rights to major pharmaceutical companies, who set out -- unsuccessfully -- to develop synthetic forms of THC that would deliver all the medical benefits without the "high."
http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/9/thread9211.shtml

I think the following video is bullshit but I love how the way they phrase their argument it should sound very familiar to some of you.  It lists extensively all the government agencies in medical research that have said marijuana has no medical benefit at all and actually will harm people.   And we all know that government researchers are never wrong.  They can't possibly be following a political agenda in regard to their findings. 
[youtube=425,350]IiWpyWsMVPg[/youtube]

AngryHateMusic

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:09:45 AM »

You know absolutely nothing about it I see.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »

I'm sorry but as much good stuff can come out of hemp, it's definitely not a cure for cancer.  That's just retarded.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AngryHateMusic

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 04:03:14 PM »

it's definitely not a cure for cancer.

Please educate us on how you are so definitely sure?

Reading the news already provided, the studies state the opposite.
"The active chemical agent in marijuana curbs the growth of three kinds of cancer in mice and may also suppress the immunity reaction that causes rejection of organ transplants, a Medical College of Virginia team has discovered." The researchers "found that THC slowed the growth of lung cancers, breast cancers, and a virus-induced leukemia in laboratory mice, and prolonged their lives by as much as 36 percent."

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 08:19:49 PM »

And where are the citations to reputable medical journals?  I'm interested in that aspect.  A legitimate, professional medical journal.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

AngryHateMusic

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »

Well if you happen to get cancer, try it out and let me know how it goes. I am finding that the US Gov't Knew in 1974 and has hidden the truth since. Prohibition seems to have assured no American studies after the Virginia study. Is that a surprise to anyone?

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 10:15:25 PM »

I think the following video is bullshit but I love how the way they phrase their argument it should sound very familiar to some of you.  It lists extensively all the government agencies in medical research that have said marijuana has no medical benefit at all and actually will harm people.   And we all know that government researchers are never wrong.  They can't possibly be following a political agenda in regard to their findings. 
[youtube=425,350]IiWpyWsMVPg[/youtube]

I am sure you are right.  I tried to watch it but only got 38 seconds into because everything in the video was wrong.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 10:27:18 PM »

So no links to reputable medical journals studying the effects of Marijuana on cancer?  I'm sure that it would be a very important study that would be published in tons of journals if it was true.  Especially considering the fact that medical mj is legal here in CA, marijuana is completely legal in Amsterdam, etc.  Don't you think some reputable medical journal would be excited to publish a cure for cancer?  Don't you think the pharmaceutical industry  would patent all kinds of cancer curing drugs that could be sourced from marijuana?

Look, Hemp is an awesome plant with tons of utility and a variety of uses.  It really is a wonder plant.  But it is not a cure for cancer.

AngryHateMusic

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 10:58:52 PM »

Don't you think some reputable medical journal would be excited to publish a cure for cancer?  Don't you think the pharmaceutical industry  would patent all kinds of cancer curing drugs that could be sourced from marijuana?

That is truly laughable here in the U.S. What do you consider a reputable medical journal? One that has receive subsidy or grants from the government I am assuming?

http://americanmarijuana.org/Guzman-Cancer.pdf

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7718968/Antibacterial-Cannabinoids-From-Cannabis-Sativa-A-StructureActivity-Study

Negates his need for Parkisnsons Disease medicine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83Ue8OBhT2U

Cannabis Hemp Pests and Diseases, with Robert Clarke, BS
He states it best. If you study Marijuana long enough in America, you end up in prison... His focus is not the use of marijuana for medical purposes for I think he makes the point.
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-8089533093556979153#
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 11:07:53 PM by AngryHateMusic »

AngryHateMusic

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 07:17:15 PM »

This link provided by fatcat that I found in another thread. Thanks!

Fight Prostate Cancer
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17636-briefing-cannabis-compounds-fight-prostate-cancer.html

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 12:23:49 AM »

What the? Hemp oil is legal in America. My roommate uses it a salad dressing. Its a staple of the bodybuilder diet.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 12:49:39 AM »

What the? Hemp oil is legal in America. My roommate uses it a salad dressing. Its a staple of the bodybuilder diet.

You do realize the legal hemp oil is of the variety of hemp which doesn't have THC in it.   The reason it is illegal to grow the hemp which doesn't have the drug component of THC is because it supposedly looks so much like the drug variant that people will attempt to hide the drug plant in with the non-drug.   Which is a very stupid argument because due to cross pollination the non-drug variant would reduce the potency of the drug variant.   And in countries that have harsh penalties for the drug variant of hemp the police are able to identify the difference between the two.  It makes about as much sense as outlawing Japanese maples because police would be too stupid to tell the difference between that plant and drug variant of hemp.   It makes about as much sense as if they had outlawed the growing of grapes or barley and hops during alcohol prohibition.     
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Run From The Cure – The Rick Simpson Story

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.